• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MRSA

Banned
I live in this older mobile home because super cheap rent but the place has holes and I live in a grassy area. I am so freaking sick and tired of seeing bugs. There is literally no way I can prevent them from coming in. I just discover random holes in this place. So tired of the bugs, especially those freaking huge roaches.

Do you live in Florida? How do you feel about Nintendo?

Holy guacamole

untitled-33vjon.gif

hnnngh

Defense of Jordan: while he is undoubtedly a huge asshole, he hid this well from the casual observer during his career. Every kid, regardless of race, growing up in the US (unless you were a fan of a rival team) aspired to be like him. And it's difficult (not impossible, but difficult) to grow up to be a racist when you want to "be like Mike".

Basically what I am saying is that Michael Jordan ended racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

I was trying to fly without leaving the ground,
Cause I wanted to be like Mike, right
Wanted to be him, I wanted to be that guy, I wanted to touch the rim
I wanted to be cool, and I wanted to fit in,
I wanted what he had, America, it begins

o-MACKLEMORE-570.jpg

About that...

eznark

Banned
Every kid, regardless of race, growing up in the US (unless you were a fan of a rival team) aspired to be like him.

No.

I wanted to be like Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalvin Roberton.

Fuck Chicago. Piece of shit town with piece of shit people in a piece of shit state.

gutshot

WSJ: Chip Kelly and the Eagles are targeting college graduates in the draft

Philadelphia's philosophy of pursuing graduates was born when Roseman, the Eagles' general manager since 2010, and Kelly, the team's second-year coach, each discovered that teams with the most college graduates are overwhelmingly successful. Kelly learned this late in his coaching tenure at Oregon, when former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, whose son played at Oregon, mentioned in a talk to Oregon players that in the 2000s, the two teams who happened to have loads of graduates were the Colts and New England Patriots. Those teams dominated the first decade of this century.

"I didn't know he'd take it this far," Dungy said, jokingly.

In a private conversation later, Dungy, now an analyst for NBC, told Kelly that his research showed players with degrees were more likely to earn a second NFL contract and make more money. He told Kelly "the guys with degrees have what you are looking for. They are driven. If it's between two players, a degree might tip the scale. But at the time, I don't think he was even thinking of the NFL."

But before Kelly even arrived in Philadelphia, Roseman was doing his own research. Each year, Roseman and his lieutenants take the last four teams left in the playoffs and do reports on them—studying their players' height, weight, background and virtually everything else. Through those reports came evidence that the most successful teams had many college graduates on them. When Roseman and Kelly joined forces, the plan was clear.

The trends over the last five drafts are startling. Studies show that teams who select players who spent five years in college—and thus almost always have a degree—win big. Of the three teams with the most fifth-year seniors drafted, two of them met in February's Super Bowl: the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos. The Jacksonville Jaguars, who went 4-12, took the fewest.

The team that drafted the most players who stayed just three years on campus? The New York Giants, who have missed the playoffs the past two seasons. The Colts, Patriots and Washington Redskins, who have five total playoff appearances in the last two years, have taken the fewest three-year players, who rarely have college degrees.

eznark

Banned
David Robinson was the spur
The big O was a buck

Jesus Christ this is painful.

David Robinson was a Spur.

Oscar Robertson was a Buck.

ALVIN ROBERTSON was a Spur and a Buck (and a child molestor, so almost as bad a human as MJ).

Also, Oscar Robertson played in the 60's which would make me like 50 years old if I was watching him as a kid.

eznark

Banned
The NBA has really changed. Back when I watched women had their own league, now attractive young girls have a 25% chance at getting picked first overall.

Bravo, NBA. Bravo David Stern.

ShaneB

Coming back from long weekends or vacation is the worst. Sorry, buddy.

You my friend should look into a work holiday in some awesome country.

Thanks guys. At least being back to work gets me out and busy instead of just moping around all day and letting my thoughts get the better of me.

As I've said before, I need to pull a Costanza, whatever I'm doing isn't working, so I need to just do the opposite.

A nice long holiday in an awesome country would be nice if I could afford it, but of course, I certainly wouldn't want to come back here.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thanks guys. At least being back to work gets me out and busy instead of just moping around all day and letting my thoughts get the better of me.

As I've said before, I need to pull a Costanza, whatever I'm doing isn't working, so I need to just do the opposite.

A nice long holiday in an awesome country would be nice if I could afford it, but of course, I certainly wouldn't want to come back here.

Well if there was one thing I learned from browsing dating sites, it's that people inexplicably have enough money to travel overseas all the time. Like everyone.

So we must be doing something wrong.

Top Bottom