• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

10375698_237035409820003_1282837873_n.jpg

Have to wonder if he even wears shoulder pads this year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm wearing a pair right now, although I get them at Macys for like 40

I prefer the charcoal grey and black dress pants that they have more than the khakis.

I need to find some decent dress shirts though....it's hard to find XL talls or even L talls. All of my dress shirts are like tents because I often have to get XXL for the length (oh and I lost over 50lbs...)

Bowser

I prefer the charcoal grey and black dress pants that they have more than the khakis.

I need to find some decent dress shirts though....it's hard to find XL talls or even L talls. All of my dress shirts are like tents because I often have to get XXL for the length (oh and I lost over 50lbs...)

I like the shirts from Hugh and Crye based in DC (www.hughandcrye.com); they have a somewhat unique approach to fit: http://www.hughandcrye.com/fit

MechDX

Go to Casual Male. They carry tall sizes as well as larger sizes

Bowser

$85 for a shirt that I'm probably gonna spill food and drinks on at some point while out on the road in west Texas? Yeah no thanks.

I'm thinking more in the $30 to $40 range that's a step above those Van Heusen and Stafford type shirts.

Hey man, you gotta pay up for quality and fit!

But yeah, I work in an office so I'm not worried about my shirts getting too dirty haha.

Yeah dress shirts are a pain, I usually have an issue with neck size. I try to get custom tailored ones when I can but that's not always an option.

So on the local sports radio in Vegas last night they had a handicapper come on and they asked him who he would bet on to the the 1st pick in the NBA draft lottery, and he said the Cavs. He said that there was a lot of speculation about Kyrie leaving in the offseason and he didnt think the NBA would risk having no stars on that team. The host laughed and said no way would the league let the Cavs win again since it would look so fishy.

rando14

Are you calling me fat!??! lol nah I do work out, I'm in decent shape but yeah if i dropped some body fat I'd have an easier time, easier said than done though

You calling trejo fat?

That's not nice

that's the meanest thing rando ever said

You trusted me and I failed you :(

Maybe it's the NBA's way of apologizing to them for the whole Decision fiasco? It can't be luck; Cleveland never has luck.

Maybe they're apologizing in advance cause Kyrie is guaranteed to leave the cleve

Bowser

My office is casual dress. Shorts Tshirt and flip flops for me.

I'd get fired on the spot if I walked into the office wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip flops :/

Well that's not free either.

I mean I run

Pushups, pullups, bodyweight squats, burpees, box jumps, jump rope, etc. are all "free" (I mean yeah go buy a jump rope, they're like $10). No excuses!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kyle Meinke ‏@kmeinke 3m

Suh was asked why he wants to stay in Detroit. Responded by saying he had option to go elsewhere, but declined. Walked off w/o explanation

Oh snap.

This is from just a few minutes ago. Another beat reporter said he made it sound like he could have made it so Detroit didn't draft him, but didn't. This situation is going to get a whole lot worse.

Edit: Another quote from Suh:

"Probably a lot of you guys don’t know, I could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted."

rando14

The Cavs have had as many number 1 picks in the past four years as Lebron has had Finals visits.

Time to stop paying back those crybabies.

Kyrie in 2011, waiters at 4th in 2012, Bennett in 2013 (ROFL), first again in 2014

Only solid pick was Kyrie and even then he wasn't the best player in the first round

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Go to Casual Male. They carry tall sizes as well as larger sizes

Boom there we go. I'll check it out since I've seen those around. Thanks!

Hey man, you gotta pay up for quality and fit!

But yeah, I work in an office so I'm not worried about my shirts getting too dirty haha.

I travel a lot so it's just not practical to buy expensive clothes that's just going to get salad dressing, ink stains, or whatever on it. I often eat breakfast and lunch in my car.... I usually change into workout clothes or something more comfortable when I go out to dinner though.

Yeah dress shirts are a pain, I usually have an issue with neck size. I try to get custom tailored ones when I can but that's not always an option.

I've got a long torso which is unfortunate when you're 6'3". Sleeves can be too long on a lot of shirts too because of this. I'm wearing a Michael Kors brand shirt from Macys right now and there's just way too much room like I'm supposed to be pregnant or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My office is casual dress. Shorts Tshirt and flip flops for me.

Flip flops in an office? No thanks. I don't want to see some 60 year old dude's nasty feet.

Our office (when we use it) is jeans and a collared shirt. That seems to be an okay mix...you don't even have to tuck and you can wear anything that isn't flip flops for the most part (within reason).

Bowser

All y'all heathens with jeans and shorts, t-shirts and flip flops...I gotta be suited 5 days a week.

I don't mind though, I look damn good in a suit.

squicken

Oh snap.

This is from just a few minutes ago. Another beat reporter said he made it sound like he could have made it so Detroit didn't draft him, but didn't. This situation is going to get a whole lot worse.

Edit: Another quote from Suh:

lol how many Lions fans like the guy? Or is he just tolerated? As much as he makes I don't really see him as not replaceable. Pairing he and Fairley hasn't seemed like the great idea everyone thought it would be. That Suh would somehow mentor him

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
All y'all heathens with jeans and shorts, t-shirts and flip flops...I gotta be suited 5 days a week.

Suits? Madness.

It's been a while since I've seen a corporation that required that (that wasn't a law firm anyway). Maybe because if you had to wear suits all the time in Texas, you'd die.

Crisco

Banned
Wow, Suh is one on/off field incident from being way more headache than he's worth. He dominated for what, one season? The Lion's defense has never even approached elite status while he's been there. You can't tell me they wouldn't be better served with his $22 million going to linebackers and defensive backs.

You trusted me and I failed you :(

Maybe they're apologizing in advance cause Kyrie is guaranteed to leave the cleve

Because of your past kindness all is forgiven Rando,

Same (well not a suit but dress pants and tie) I feel weird without a tie on, hell I went to a theme park wearing a tie! I was the best dressed person there!

Bowser

Suits? Madness.

It's been a while since I've seen a corporation that required that (that wasn't a law firm anyway). Maybe because if you had to wear suits all the time in Texas, you'd die.

Yeah I think law and finance are the last two professions that seem to require suiting up. Suits are pretty much official uniform in NYC though; you're either working for a corporation wearing a suit or doing some artsy hipster stuff wearing skinny jeans, plaid button downs and lens-less glasses.

Same (well not a suit but dress pants and tie) I feel weird without a tie on, hell I went to a theme park wearing a tie! I was the best dressed person there!

I wear a suit in, but always take the jacket off. We gotta jacket up for any meetings though.

Wow, Suh is one on/off field incident from being way more headache than he's worth. He dominated for what, one season? The Lion's defense has never even approached elite status while he's been there. You can't tell me they wouldn't be better served with his $22 million going to linebackers and defensive backs.

WRs!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
"Hello Mr. Sue, this is Jim Schwartz. We're going to select you in the draft and make you a Detroit Lion!"

"Um, fuck you, no thanks. I don't want anything to do with that piece of shit organization you have up there."

You always have options.

Top Bottom