• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Crisco

Banned
The success of teams "like the Patriots" has do with playing in divisions where they are the only competent franchise. Also see: Packers and Colts.

Sounds good but how much does the success of teams like the Patriots really have to do with getting it right with not just a franchise QB but a HOF QB.

No it all the degrees, nothing to do with the talents of the players. Or cameras or any of that stuff. If you graduate with a degree in anything you will automatically be a better football player then anyone without a degree.

The success of teams "like the Patriots" has do with playing in divisions where they are the only competent franchise. Also see: Packers and Colts.

videoCamerae9aa991c73ce4859841f87f18e31c52f.png

Yeah I think law and finance are the last two professions that seem to require suiting up. Suits are pretty much official uniform in NYC though; you're either working for a corporation wearing a suit or doing some artsy hipster stuff wearing skinny jeans, plaid button downs and lens-less glasses.

I wear a suit in, but always take the jacket off. We gotta jacket up for any meetings though.

I might have to start suiting up if I get moved to another department, which I don't mind.

MechDX

Colts? Really? Get back to back generational QBs is more luck than competency. Manning had 1 championship because they didn't surround him with shit. Same way Luck be handled.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow, Suh is one on/off field incident from being way more headache than he's worth. He dominated for what, one season? The Lion's defense has never even approached elite status while he's been there. You can't tell me they wouldn't be better served with his $22 million going to linebackers and defensive backs.

When we went 1-6 in our last 7 games our defense allowed around 17 PPG IIRC. Suh was the main reason for that. The problem was our offense was only putting up 16 PPG.

He can use all the leverage he wants at this point. He is the best defensive player in the league and should be paid as such.

Brb getting an MRI.

Konka

Banned
Yeah I think law and finance are the last two professions that seem to require suiting up. Suits are pretty much official uniform in NYC though; you're either working for a corporation wearing a suit or doing some artsy hipster stuff wearing skinny jeans, plaid button downs and lens-less glasses.

I wear a suit in, but always take the jacket off. We gotta jacket up for any meetings though.

This place would have to pay me a hell of a lot more if they wanted me to wear a suit.

MechDX

When we went 1-6 in our last 7 games our defense allowed around 17 PPG IIRC. Suh was the main reason for that. The problem was our offense was only putting up 16 PPG.

He can use all the leverage he wants at this point. He is the best defensive player in the league and should be paid as such.

Brb getting an MRI.

Jjwattfingerwag.gif

Oh kas....

Brb getting an MRI.

The Lions gave up 23 points per game over their last 7.

bionic77

This place would have to pay me a hell of a lot more if they wanted me to wear a suit.
It's not uncomfortable to wear a suit.

And it comes with extra pockets in the jacket which comes in handy.

Don't know how people sleep in jeans. I have to sleep in shorts or buttnaked (only if I am with someone else who is also naked, this is the best way to sleep).

gutshot

Sounds good but how much does the success of teams like the Patriots really have to do with getting it right with not just a franchise QB but a HOF QB.

Yeah, I think QB play has a lot more to do with the Patriots and Colts long-term success. Still an interesting article.

Konka

Banned
It's not uncomfortable to wear a suit.

And it comes with extra pockets in the jacket which comes in handy.

Don't know how people sleep in jeans. I have to sleep in shorts or buttnaked (only if I am with someone else who is also naked, this is the best way to sleep).

I know it isnt but I own one suit. I aint buying at least 4 more at this wage. But I'm leaving anyway so it's a moot point.

Brb getting an MRI.

Should get a brain scan.

dionysus

Yaldog
If you can be drafted, especially in the first couple of rounds, staying in college is a sign you are an idiot who cares about being the BMOC and getting tail more than money and being a professional athlete. Strike the tail comment, they will get tail both ways so it is more just being the BMOC.

ShaneB

ATL podcast + reading outside on my lunch break helped cheer me up, but founding out I'm working this Saturday just brings it all down. phooey.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Why would anyone value graduating from college?

Let alone a professional sports team...

I still remember your suggestion that people should buy a Chik Fil A instead of a college education. I don't think you were wrong judging by the lines I see every day for lunch.

College graduates are likely just not dumbasses and can read the playbook cover to cover.

Did McRibb graduate? I recall him viewing the playbook as an optional piece of reading.

dionysus

Yaldog
Correlation does not equal causation. I'd imagine the majority of college grads are in the lower end of the draft. Conjecture here but maybe the reason the best teams have a high percentage of college grads is that they are the ones best at finding diamonds in the rough, and thus the lower draft picks are staying on the roster longer than the average.

Wes

venison crêpe
Came to the realisation today I missed a trick by not getting Mech's name changed to MackDX after his Draft Day prediction

Vyroxis

Banned
Interesting observation for today: Big girls don't cry, but they can get naked and do the hokey pokey making everyone else cry.

eznark

Banned
"I think I said this from the very, very first day I got drafted," Suh said Wednesday. "I'm here for a reason. I had an opportunity, probably a lot of you guys don't know, could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted. I had that decision in my hands -- I chose not to take because that's just the way I saw it. The same thing when I went to Nebraska. I wanted to be a part of something that wasn't just already set up or on its way to getting better, and I want to be one of the cornerstones of it.

What the fuck???

Top Bottom