• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

10155962_710507572329267_3138868164722448123_n.jpg

Also Kas what are your thoughts on the early game in London? You're on the west coast right so you have to get up really early to watch that game

Drakeon

I want to know Kas's secret. Where's he get all that optimism? He has no right to be as up on the Lions as he is year in and year out, but somehow he manages it. How do you do it Kas?

BigAT

Can't wait until they release the schedule one week at a time over 17 days.

Maybe NFLN can do a two-hour daily morning show on the consistency of Goodell's shit.

JABEE

I agree with the NFL executive someone quoted on Twitter. Why the Hell isn't the draft this weekend? Gooddell trying to make the draft into a four day event would suck. I want my Saturday morning draft back!

squicken

You know it kind of would be awesome if like just the top 10 was the first night. Who wouldn't watch? I'd say most fans just watch the first round, but when it is 4 hours long, it's hard to get all the bandwagon Seahawks/Pats fans to stay up that late and watch

You know it kind of would be awesome if like just the top 10 was the first night. Who wouldn't watch? I'd say most fans just watch the first round, but when it is 4 hours long, it's hard to get all the bandwagon Seahawks/Pats fans to stay up that late and watch
It's adorable that you think the top 10 wouldn't be a four hour show anyway.;)

They'd just have shitty band performances in between picks and endless analysis of the picks to fill in the remaining time.

squicken

It's adorable that you think the top 10 wouldn't be a four hour show anyway.;)

They'd just have shitty band performances in between picks and endless analysis of the picks to fill in the remaining time.

I think it'd be two hours or so. And wouldn't it be awesome having Drake perform Draft Day when the Texans made their pick?

squicken

Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
David Carr on time with #Texans: "If you're going to spend the money on a franchise quarterback, you've got to keep him on his feet."

Carr added: "You have to have a coordinator that knows what he's doing," referring to what it takes for first-round QBs to succeed in #NFL.

Vyroxis

Banned
I want to know Kas's secret. Where's he get all that optimism? He has no right to be as up on the Lions as he is year in and year out, but somehow he manages it. How do you do it Kas?

Average fans watch when they are good, ignore when they stink. Casuals, you might call them. True fans watch through the good, and the bad. Real fans. Die hard fans watch through thick amd thin, and listen in through the entire off season. But the real cream of the crop, are the Delusional fans. It takes a special breed to reach this level. Watch all the games, critique each quarter down to the play. And every mistake, every loss, every failed season, has its own special excuse. Every year is a SB contendership year. Every year it doesnt happen, its next year. No matter how good or how bad a team is, they are always destined for greatness year round in the mind of a delusional fan.

I honeslty admire Kas for his commitment. Watching his team implode like that last year when they had the division on lockdown must have hurt. But he held his head high, and like a true delusional fan, told us all 'Next year, Just you see! We'll get it done this time! Trust me!'. That level of commitment is rare in NFLGaf, and we should all think him for being the resident lunatic.

squicken

He is right but he was also a skittish fuck and turtles when he even remotely felt pressured

Agree, but early on I though he was fine as far as hanging in the pocket. His biggest flaw was he could not throw a seam route. Just lacked the fundamental accuracy to make those arc throws over LBs but in front of safeties

We all must never forget that Peyton Manning essentially called Chris Palmer an idiot, and that was the guy who "shepherded" Carr and Couch's careers

Dragon

Banned

Our Lord and Savior and hater of all the infidels, Jesus Christ.

MechDX

Agree, but early on I though he was fine as far as hanging in the pocket. His biggest flaw was he could not throw a seam route. Just lacked the fundamental accuracy to make those arc throws over LBs but in front of safeties

We all must never forget that Peyton Manning essentially called Chris Palmer an idiot, and that was the guy who "shepherded" Carr and Couch's careers

Talked to one of David Carr’s teammates on the #Texans and the comment was "Last one in, first one out.”..twitter

I swear you just like to argue. Carr was shit, plain and simple. I can't believe you are even remotely defending him

squicken

T

I swear you just like to argue. Carr was shit, plain and simple. I can't believe you are even remotely defending him

Can we not have different opinions? The way I heard it was that early on he was committed. In early, trying to be a leader. But that the hits wore on him and he gave up and just cashed his check. That was from Richard Justice years ago when he still worked for the Chronicle and had a radio show

Wes

venison crêpe
I've got to the Dolphins in my mock draft on the NFL site and now it's getting much harder to place players.

Still got JFF and Bridgeovertroubledwater to place too.

Bradley Roby ‏@BradRoby_1 33m
To clear a few things up that the media of course leaves out ..

Bradley Roby ‏@BradRoby_1 12m
I was not drunk pic.twitter.com/CviiPuydkp
BmE6ZGNCMAAbWLl.jpg

Bradley Roby ‏@BradRoby_1 8m
I was not driving . I did not get arrested . Was not in a cell . No finger prints . No mugshot

Bradley Roby ‏@BradRoby_1 3m
I have lost any respect I had left for the media. I take ownership in my part of it. But you run a story at least put out all facts ...

saw it RT'd by PFT

MechDX

Can we not have different opinions? The way I heard it was that early on he was committed. In early, trying to be a leader. But that the hits wore on him and he gave up and just cashed his check. That was from Richard Justice years ago when he still worked for the Chronicle and had a radio show

I say red, you say blue
I say go, you say stop
I say draft the freak on defense, you want a dwarf QB

Its like you always say the damn opposite.

15 minutes until MOCK DRAFT KICKOFF! List as it stands:

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx, Hammer24
Jaguars - Tamanon
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, TheBatman
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker, Sanjuro, Dutch Patriot
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
Vikings - Slo, BannedEpisode
Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, AngmarsKing701
Jets - Fox318
Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Bills - LJ11
Packers - Buckethead, Greg
Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Bears - minx88
Saints - cajunator
Falcons - Talon
Lions - Plinko
Niners - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Chiefs - Tragicomedy

Drafting in spirit only:
Redskins - Ninja Scooter
Colts - Narag

The Texans will be on the clock soon, gents.

Welcome to the 2014 NFL-GAF MOCK DRAFT!

RULES:

Proposed Rules/Guidelines:

- The purpose of the mock draft is to try and best simulate what will happen on draft day. Those choosing for their respective teams should be looking to choose a player that they think their team will choose. This is not about who YOU want, its about what you think your team will do on draft day.

- No trades. Up or down. Too complicated and it will slow things down.

- Your group has four hours to make their selection from the time your team is announced to be on the clock. The only exception is if your teams clock starts overnight of course. At which point the clock starts running at 10AM EST the next day.

- If there is no selection made in that four hour time period 1 of two things could happen:
1. I make the selection for you.
2. The selection can be opened up to NFL-GAF in general and the consensus pick wins. The person with the best write-up for the consensus pick gets it added to the mock draft.

- Along with the regular team/group selections, I was thinking maybe the general NFL-GAF population can do the consensus pick anyways. Maybe have a secondary mock draft happening during that 4 hour time period between actual team/group selections

List of those drafting:

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx, Hammer24
Jaguars - Tamanon
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, TheBatman
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker, Sanjuro, Dutch Patriot
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq, cashman
Vikings - Slo, BannedEpisode
Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, AngmarsKing701
Jets - Fox318
Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Bills - LJ11
Packers - Buckethead, Greg
Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Bears - minx88
Saints - cajunator
Falcons - Talon
Lions - Plinko
Niners - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Chiefs - Tragicomedy

Drafting in spirit only:
Redskins - Ninja Scooter
Colts - Narag

Here's the draft order:

1. Houston Texans - ON THE CLOCK!
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Cleveland Browns
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Atlanta Falcons
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. Buffalo Bills
10. Detroit Lions
11. Tennessee Titans
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Chicago Bears
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Dallas Cowboys
17. Baltimore Ravens
18. New York Jets
19. Miami Dolphins
20. Arizona Cardinals
21. Green Bay Packers
22. Philadelphia Eagles
23. Kansas City Chiefs
24. Cincinnati Bengals
25. San Diego Chargers
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Carolina Panthers
29. New England Patriots
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. Denver Broncos
32. Seattle Seahawks

The Houston Texans are on the clock. You have four hours (4PM EST) to get your pick in. The rest of NFL-Gaf can throw their opinions in the hat if they so choose.

Top Bottom