• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

Got the pick ready was supposed to be a question not an exclamation. I don't have any sort of write up for anyone going.

CB at 13? BPA?

Oh for 2 we are just going to go Robinson. Rams party from last night and all!

For 13 just have to see how it goes. I'd guess CB but I am not really married to anyone. If a top 10 talent falls, feel like BPA the way to go

Oh for 2 we are just going to go Robinson. Rams party from last night and all!

For 13 just have to see how it goes. I'd guess CB but I am not really married to anyone. If a top 10 talent falls, feel like BPA the way to go

For sure. We taking Clowney if Mech accidentally goes QB?

Where is your god now?

svSSGmXl.jpg

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 3m

ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 4m

Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

Oh fuck yes. Do it Baalke.

MechDX

In 2006 The Texans went against the "safe pick", Reggie Bush.

They went against the "hometown favorite", Vince Young.

They took the best option in their eyes in Mario Williams.

History repeats itself:

In the 2014 NFL Draft with tue first overall pick the Houston Texans select.......Kalil Mack OLB Buffalo.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!

Crennel wants fast and built options on his defense to keep up with these high powered offenses. While Clowney is a physical freak Mack is a mote traditional 3-4 OLB and can make an immediate impact.

This selection allows them to move Brooks Reed inside next to Cushing where he can be a run stuffing thumper. Mack will play on the same side as JJ Watt which will force offenses to severly overload on side and allows Mercilus and Swearinger, playing box safety, to get free runs at the QB.

Top Bottom