• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
For Browns-gaf.

giphy.gif

You know I read Grossi's comments, and he really thinks Hoyer can be the guy to take CLE to the playoffs. Then the ATL guys talk about CLE and say the Browns couldn't even get a 7th round pick if they tried to trade him. Odd spot. The VY and Thigpen tryouts seem so obvious, like they are telling everyone they want a mobile QB.

I don't know how anyone can have much confidence in Hoyer after watching 2 games.

1. Vs. a bad Minnesota defense which he threw 3 TDs, but also 3 picks. Yes, we won.

2. Decent game and win vs the Bungles, but their secondary was banged up.

That's it! He was only in for a few plays in the Buffalo game before he got hurt.

Playoffs! Ehhh....I've seen this movie 100 times.

And I'm not bashing Hoyer at all. He gave us a lil spark and relief from Weedenball, but that's not enough to bank your future plans at QB on. Our own GM and coach said the same exact thing today. Too small of a sample size. If the Browns don't draft a QB at 4, I'll be shocked.

MRSA

Banned
you would too, don't lie to me i know you too well

I don't eat Mexican food you degenerate.

True story. I diverted my lunch today by telling my buddies that my coworker's amazingly hot daughter works at a place down the street. They were not disappointed.

Bread

Banned
I don't eat Mexican food you degenerate.

True story. I diverted my lunch today by telling my buddies that my coworker's amazingly hot daughter works at a place down the street. They were not disappointed.
you would if it were in shakira's ass

Squicken did you read/post that article about how the Rams offense is totally fucked until we jettison both Bradford and Shotty? That was a really depressing read.

squicken

Squicken did you read/post that article about how the Rams offense is totally fucked until we jettison both Bradford and Shotty? That was a really depressing read.

lol yeah that was. It was really well done, and I'm glad he wrote it. Too many fans think it's some sort of easy fix, but they are screwed until Schotty and SB are gone. It's why they need to draft OL imo. Just run the ball and throw play action deep balls

---

PK says Vikes the perfect fit for Bortles, but also that CLE is "smitten" with him, and HOU is interested too

Other than Minnesota, the most likely teams to want him in the draft are Houston and Cleveland. The Browns have been smitten with him since last fall, and you could say the same thing for rookie Texans coach Bill O’Brien. Bortles’ Central Florida team went to Penn State last season and beat O’Brien’s Nittany Lions, and Bortles complete 20 of 27 throws in an efficient if not memorable performance. Pretty heady stuff for a guy who had to fight for the starting job in high school, and had to fight again at Central Florida.

I remember one scout telling me last fall, “If you can be patient with Bortles, and he decides to come out, he’s going to give you a good return on your investment. He hasn’t played as much football, as much high-level football, as most of the other guys he’d be competing with. But two or three years down the road, he’s going to pay off.”

Again, Minnesota. Let Matt Cassel play a season (unless beaten out by Christian Ponder this fall) and then open up the competition in camp next year. The starters in Cleveland and Houston: shakier. Much shakier.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/29/blake-bortles-nfl-draft-minnesota-vikings/

lol yeah that was. It was really well done, and I'm glad he wrote it. Too many fans think it's some sort of easy fix, but they are screwed until Schotty and SB are gone. It's why they need to draft OL imo. Just run the ball and throw play action deep balls

Well then I hope they never leave!

Yeah it's fucking trash. The AFC of Basketball for sure.

The Nets have a chance though.. I think.

You are a racist Bread.

Shakira is Colombian.

Nah the Nets are the Steelers of the NBA. A bunch of guy who had success before but haven't really done shit lately. People just forgot how much time has actually gone by since they last accomplish shit.

MRSA

Banned
Hello fellow friends and Pats fans. I think we should sterilize Coldplay and put him into rehab. Because he's not right

bionic77

what the fuck happened? what happened to hibbert? he was an absolute beast last year, the heat were signing guys JUST for the purpose of matching up with him, and now he averages like 4 points a game and 2 rebounds.... for a guy over 7 feet tall. i feel like you have to play with less than no heart to be 7 foot whatever and not be able to rope in 10+ boards per game
No one has any idea.

No team has ever collapsed like this before in basketball.

Dragon

Banned
Am I the only one that doesn't care about Rihanna?

I don't either. Especially after she went to back to a dude who hit her, even if she's not with him now.

Im off for 7 days and I actually found the tax refund check from last year that I thought was lost and it was still good. So basically Im awesome at the moment!. *bounces

You don't do your taxes online? I tried doing mine without Turboxtax once, nope nope nope.

cajunator

Banned
I don't either. Especially after she went to back to a dude who hit her, even if she's not with him now.

You don't do your taxes online? I tried doing mine without Turboxtax once, nope nope nope.

Last year I didnt. In any casE I deposited two tax refunds and a bonus check from work so Im groovy at the moment.

God damn stress right now

Got job offers but want to go to grad school and would in the end start my own business

Fuck decisions, so fuck you draft

gutshot

Top 50 jersey sales last year:

1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
6. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
7. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
9. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
10. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
11. J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
12. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
13. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
14. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
15. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
16. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
17. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
19. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
20. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
21. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
22. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
23. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
25. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
26. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
27. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
28. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
29. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
30. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
31. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears
32. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
33. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
34. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys
35. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
36. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
37. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts
38. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
39. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
40. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
41. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
42. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
43. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
44. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
45. Von Miller, Denver Broncos
46. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos
47. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
48. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
49. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
50. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers

WASHINGTON D.C., April 28, 2014 – Super Bowl champion Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks finished the NFL Players Inc. (NFLPI) fiscal year ranked #1 on the Top 50 Player Sales list, based on total overall sales from March 1, 2013, through February 28, 2014. Wilson jumped 18 spots from #19 in FY13 to claim the top position from the Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning, who maintained his retail sales power and is ranked second. NFLPI licensees generated retail sales exceeding $1 billion during the year.

Wilson is joined on the list by his teammates, running back Marshawn Lynch (#7) and cornerback Richard Sherman (#12). Lynch, the only non-quarterback in the top 10, jumped 22 spots from #29. Sherman, a player not in the top 50 even at the start of the fiscal year, made his debut at #12.

Nine of the top 10 players on the list are quarterbacks, including six Super Bowl champions: Wilson (#1), Manning (#2), the Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (#5), the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady (#6), the New York Giants’ Eli Manning (#8), and the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (#10). The San Francisco 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick (#3), who jumped 12 spots from #15, the Washington Redskins’ Robert Griffin III (#4), and the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (#9) round out the top 10.

Additional highlights:
· Pittsburgh Steelers’ defensive back Troy Polamalu ranks in the top 20 for a third straight year (#2 in FY12, #5 in FY13, #17 in FY14).
· Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly made his debut on the list (#50).
· Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt is the highest-ranked defensive player (# 11)
· Green Bay Packers’ Clay Matthews (#14) and the San Francisco 49ers’ Patrick Willis (#16) represent the only linebackers in the top 20.
· Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten is the highest-ranked pass catcher (#15).

Miles Austin? WTF?

Top Bottom