• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

There's gotta be a Lunchbox joke somewhere to be made here!!

blah blah....motor boat, Rolex.....grumble....Michigan,,,,,poors

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/125418/dimitroff-smith-feel-clowneys-passion

There's no pretense with this kid," Dimitroff said. "He's about football. He's passionate. He's a light-hearted guy with an element of levity that we all appreciated. He's 21 years old, man. He's still growing and still learning. It's fun to see how excited he is about the rest of his career in professional football."

Smith echoed Dimitroff's sentiments.

"I think he's an outstanding football player," Smith said of Clowney. "That's the consensus across the board. He's got a great skill set in terms of what his abilities are as a lineman/defensive end. I feel like he's one of the top guys in the draft.

"I think that he's passionate about the game of football, and that's probably the most important thing when you're looking at a draft-eligible player. The tape is his DNA. But when you get a chance to sit down and talk with him, you know that he's passionate about playing the game."

Yeah, the Falcons are in love. Price for the #1 pick just went up.

Did any of you guys play DKC: Tropical Freeze? I finished up the extra stuff last night, that game is absolutely amazing. Unbelievable soundtrack as well.

:jnc, like anyone else in this world owns a Wii U.

Did any of you guys play DKC: Tropical Freeze? I finished up the extra stuff last night, that game is absolutely amazing. Unbelievable soundtrack as well.

I have a sealed copy still, I cant wait to play it once I get the time.

Edit: WiiU is a great fucking system. I am so happy I got one.

Haven't bought it yet. Too much shit to play as is so I'm waiting for an opening in the back log.:)

Draxal

I just want the Giants to be on hard knocks because it would make Coughlin so incredibly salty.

edit. I like Coughlin, but salty Coughlin is hilarious.

I have a sealed copy still, I cant wait to play it once I get the time.

Edit: WiiU is a great fucking system. I am so happy I got one.
If you enjoy platformers you will love it. I'm with you, I love my Wii U even if I only use it for the occasional Nintendo exclusive. It supplements the PS4/PS3 and my handhelds very well. Looking forward to Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

I do. Havent played it since January but I have one.
DKC is the only thing worth playing that has released this year so that's understandable.

Haven't bought it yet. Too much shit to play as is so I'm waiting for an opening in the back log.:)
I know what you mean. I bought it around launch but never played it much because of stuff like Bravely Default and Dark Souls II. Now that I've actually had some time to commit to it I've seen that it's a pretty exceptional game.

Seems like Zach Martin to the Giants is gaining steam (and I actually like Martin over Lewan as well).
Haven't watched much tape on him but the consensus is "a better Justin Pugh" and he's apparently extremely versatile. I would be just fine with that. We can move Schwartz to his natural RG position and plug in Martin at LG once Snee retires or if he ends up getting injured again.

I know what you mean. I bought it around launch but never played it much because of stuff like Bravely Default and Dark Souls II. Now that I've actually had some time to commit to it I've seen that it's a pretty exceptional game.
No surprise there. I played DKC Returns on the 3DS last year and loved every minute of it. I look forward to picking it up eventually.

Greg

Hey there.
8nlvsc9.gif

MechDX

Will Grubb ‏@WillGrubbRadio · 15m
With a little more than a week before the draft, the #Texans have started to contact some players to let them know they are on their board.

He has to go. I dont understand how he kept the team after twice being sued by the US government for racist practices. Why did any player resign their knowing what a terrible person he is.

squicken

Simmons posted on Twitter that the league can terminate his ownership, take over the team, and sell it for him.

lol Sterling could tie that up in court for years. People have these revenge fantasies, but Sterling is not a rational actor. He probably also knows where some bodies are buried. Goes to court, opens his books, and everyone sees how much sports teams make and how stupid public financing is

Draxal

Simmons posted on Twitter that the league can terminate his ownership, take over the team, and sell it for him.

I'm pretty sure he would file an antitrust lawsuit after that, and the NBA doesn't want that.

Pro Leagues don't have much recourse against bitter owners otherwise Al Davis would have been out of the NFL a long time before his passing away.

Fantomex

Yeah NBA don't play around. From what I read, you can just get voted out. He can claim damages afterwards though. But I don't think he can drag the process out that long. I'm waiting for him to make up something like he's bipolar or hes got multiple personality or something. It sucks, but those attorneys are probably looking at every possible outcome.

cdyhybrid

I'm pretty sure he would file an antitrust lawsuit after that, and the NBA doesn't want that.

Pro Leagues don't have much recourse against bitter owners otherwise Al Davis would have been out of the NFL a long time before his passing away.

I feel like NFL owners are much more individually powerful within the league compared to NBA owners. It felt like Stern was the one running the show, but it always felt like the NFL commish was just a puppet/mouthpiece. That's just my perception though, and I could be wrong.

And it's not a revenge fantasy, I want a damn basketball team.

Yeah NBA don't play around. From what I read, you can just get voted out. He can claim damages afterwards though. But I don't think he can drag the process out that long. I'm waiting for him to make up something like he's bipolar or hes got multiple personality or something. It sucks, but those attorneys are probably looking at every possible outcome.

He already said it wasnt his voice on the tapes, so I dont think he will make up anything else.

cdyhybrid

I'm gonna go out and say thats bullshit. Disgusting comments or not, the NBA shouldntbe able to just rip a team away from its owner

Eh, if he's doing something that hurts the businesses of the other 29 owners, it seems perfectly reasonable that they reserve the right to take action. But legal stuff would complicate it.

Now that you mention it, bionic has been awfully quiet today...

Draxal

I feel like NFL owners are much more individually powerful within the league compared to NBA owners. It felt like Stern was the one running the show, but it always felt like the NFL commish was just a puppet/mouthpiece. That's just my perception though, and I could be wrong.

And it's not a revenge fantasy, I want a damn basketball team.

I thought Seattle got jobbed with that move, and that's clearly the reason the NBA doesn't want an antitrust lawsuit to happen. They really don't want this to go discovery, like Squicken said, Sterling is smart enough to know where the bodies are buried.

I'm gonna go out and say thats bullshit. Disgusting comments or not, the NBA shouldntbe able to just rip a team away from its owner

People wont just boycott Clippers home games next year, they will boycott them on the road as well. What he did is unforgivable, and no one support the NBA again if they allow him to still be an owner. By not taking the team from him the league is sending the message that they agree with him.

People wont just boycott Clippers home games next year, they will boycott them on the road as well. What he did is unforgivable, and no one support the NBA again if they allow him to still be an owner. By not taking the team from him the league is sending the message that they agree with him.

I understand the players not quitting or throwing the season, but can you imagine how strong of a message that would've sent if they had?

I don't blame them for playing though.

I understand the players not quitting or throwing the season, but can you imagine how strong of a message that would've sent if they had?

I don't blame them for playing though.

Yeah I liked the protest they did with not wearing anything with the Clippers logo on it, but they really should have done more. People need to stop accepting this kind of racism just because the offending person is old. I keep hearing people on TV in Vegas sticking up for that scumbag Bundy as well. Being born into stupidity is no excuse for continued stupidity.

Draxal

I honestly do see Sterling bequeathing the team to his son in law, or selling to a third party, the NBA has to tread carefully.

Top Bottom