• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Fox318

10294466_494970930603775_359813053478575608_n.jpg

perfect

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New alpha version of Prison Architect is up, and they've introduced fail states. And if you really screw up, you end up thrown into your own jail, can only see what your person sees, and lose player control over building/managing/etc. Luckily, this won't be enabled for NFL-GAF Prison since it's an existing save file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Lsf-j0bUQ

Failure conditions
It is now possible to fail when building your prison, in certain circumstances. This constitutes a game over event. All failure conditions come with a verbal warning from the CEO, giving you chance to avert the failure.

Note : Failure conditions are turned off for existing prisons. This is to avoid any nasty bugs in the new failure system destroying peoples prisons immediately on load. Failure conditions default to ON for all new prisons.

There are currently four failure conditions:

RIOT
If you let a riot run for too long, the government will be forced to step in and take over your prison. In this event you will be sacked, and the National Guard will be deployed to retake your prison by force.

BANKRUPTCY
If you have a negative bank balance and a negative cashflow, you are bankrupt. You will have 24 hours to put in place a financial rescue package before being sacked.

ESCAPES
Too many escapes in a single day is a PR disaster waiting to happen. If more escapes occur the next day you will be sacked.

DEATHS
Too many deaths in a single day will trigger a warning. If more deaths occur the next day you will be sacked. You will then be convicted of Criminal Negligence, and will spend time within your own jail as a prisoner.

When the National Guard show up, they shoot everything until the riot stops. They haven't implemented prisoner surrender yet, lol.

Good thing none of this will apply to our save file for now.

squicken

The total lack of fucks given by Bayern right now is startling.

I've never seen a team this good just completely demoralized like this.

Those first 15-20 minutes were stunning. That second goal was a massive dagger. All those people just silenced. I can see why the players react the same

effzee

Eh, I don't want the team moved or renamed. Don't want the fans punished because their owner is a douche.

Meh. Clippers don't have any great history not at least for the past 30 years.

The name itself isn't great.

Find a new name, color scheme, and identity. The team is loaded with talent and should contend for a title for the nest 3-5 seasons and this will only bring more revenue.

Find a new name, color scheme, and identity. The team is loaded with talent and should contend for a title for the nest 3-5 seasons and this will only bring more revenue.

Also a terrifying mascot to strike fear into your enemies.

Pelicans7.png

The Bobcats name is open. Get it done Magic

Los Angeles Bobcats

effzee

So now I keep seeing and hearing about WR Cody Latimer going to the Eagles @ 22.

WTF? He isn't on anyone's top 5 WR list but apparently the Eagles worked him out and his workout was one of the few Chip himself was at. His strengths sound great. He was in the top 10 for 40 times and first in the bench press. He also apparently has great hands but again he isn't in any experts top 5 WRs.

The only reasoning seems to be that he or the other WRs won't be available for their 2nd round pick #54.

Any opinions on him? Why him over Cooks or Lee who also might be available at 22? Or if Lee is supposedly sliding and low on people's lists, won't he be an absolute steal in the 2nd round?

Syrinx

So now I keep seeing and hearing about WR Cody Latimer going to the Eagles @ 22.

WTF? He isn't on anyone's top 5 WR list but apparently the Eagles worked him out and his workout was one of the few Chip himself was at. His strengths sound great. He was in the top 10 for 40 times and first in the bench press. He also apparently has great hands but again he isn't in any experts top 5 WRs.

The only reasoning seems to be that he or the other WRs won't be available for their 2nd round pick #54.

Any opinions on him? Why him over Cooks or Lee who also might be available at 22? Or if Lee is supposedly sliding and low on people's lists, won't he be an absolute steal in the 2nd round?

Grover has said the Panthers like him a lot too.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford still hasn't posted on Twitter since Dec. 18th. I'm busy right now to check what the other 5 or so elite QBs in the league have posted.

Stafford has been spending all offseason mastering his craft, working out and getting ready to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Can't wait till we drop 40 on the Giants in front of the whole country on opening MNF.

He has tattoos and might possibly know people in gangs. I think it is best to not draft him, so as to not have to cut him later.

Tamanon

Banned
Matthew Stafford still hasn't posted on Twitter since Dec. 18th. I'm busy right now to check what the other 5 or so elite QBs in the league have posted.

Stafford has been spending all offseason mastering his craft, working out and getting ready to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Can't wait till we drop 40 on the Giants in front of the whole country on opening MNF.

I assume he just forgot his Twitter password.
jennycraig

cdyhybrid

What if the elite QB is tweeting about the Super Bowl he just won?

effzee

He has tattoos and might possibly know people in gangs. I think it is best to not draft him, so as to not have to cut him later.

We should only draft beautiful black bodies without tattoos or interest in rap.

Especially since this draft is going to solve our problems!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Romo was at the Mavs game last night with his boy Witten, and Romo was rocking the dip and spit cup. Thought it was funny

Man, I stopped dipping around 3 months ago. Jim Kelly's fight with mouth cancer kind of got me to quit permentally but I still have the urge here and there. I've subsitituted them for cigs which are meh. But whenever I'm on a jobsite I feel the need for some form of tobacco.

First time I tried it was when a teammate of mine brought some Cherry Skoal. That's how they get you. Shit tasted good and got me lightheaded. Graduated to Copenhagen Long Cut by the time I was 18. For about the last three years I was a tin can a day dude.

He's a late riser, but he's built like a tank at 6'2 1/2 215 lbs and still runs a 4.40. Good hands, rarely drops a ball, good YAC and is a physical blocker.

I'd take him over Cooks or Lee no question.

squicken

Man, I stopped dipping around 3 months ago. Jim Kelly's fight with mouth cancer kind of got me to quit permentally but I still have the urge here and there. I've subsitituted them for cigs which are meh. But whenever I'm on a jobsite I feel the need for some form of tobacco.

First time I tried it was when a teammate of mine brought some Cherry Skoal. That's how they get you. Shit tasted good and got me lightheaded. Graduated to Copenhagen Long Cut by the time I was 18. For about the last three years I was a tin can a day dude.

Yeah dippin is nuts. Almost guaranteed mouth or throat cancer. I've never used tobacco, but I guess if I did I would use those e-cigs that all the kids are using today. Or a nicotine patch

We should only draft beautiful black bodies without tattoos or interest in rap.

Especially since this draft is going to solve our problems!

This draft is so deep that every single player drafted is a sure HoFer. They should just draft some nice white kid from the suburbs with every pick, they will be sure to fix things.

brentech

Rodgers doesn't post at all during the season. Usually a few weeks after the Packers are done, he returns. During the season, he does a radio show though. Usually lasts maybe 30 minutes, once a week.
why the hell does Stafford post during the season. Maybe work on your craft hardest when it's needed. Dude is doing the oppositte. Posting watches and shit

cut that shit out. no good comes from that crap.

Syrinx

One receiver I'm a bit surprised hasn't gotten more buzz is Jordan Matthews. 6'3'', 212 ibs, ran in the 4.40s in the combine, and was productive as a receiver in an offense that didn't have a prolific passing game. What's the take on him?

Yeah dippin is nuts. Almost guaranteed mouth or throat cancer. I've never used tobacco, but I guess if I did I would use those e-cigs that all the kids are using today. Or a nicotine patch

LOL, e-cigs are insanly bad for people:

"Cigarette smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals, and among those, 69 are known carcinogens [source: American Lung Association]. But it's not only regular cigarettes that are toxic to our bodies; e-cigarettes, too, come with health and safety concerns. The problem? Liquid nicotine.

Liquid nicotine is extracted from tobacco, but unlike tobacco leaves, liquid nicotine can be lethal. It can cause harm when it's inhaled, but it can also be harmful when ingested or absorbed through your skin. Only a small dose is dangerous -- less than one tablespoon of many of the e-liquids on the market is enough to kill an adult, and as little as a teaspoon could kill a child) [source: Richtel]. The number of calls to poison control centers regarding e-cigarette nicotine-infused liquids rose sharply every month between September 2010 and February 2014, from just one call per month to as many as 215 -- that's a rise from 0.3 percent to 41.7 percent of all emergency calls. As many as 51.1 percent of those calls involved accidental poisoning of kids under the age of 5 (roughly 42 percent involved adults age 20 or older) [source: CDC].

Some testing suggests it's not only the nicotine that may be dangerous. Certain e-cigarette devices may also release metals during use -- including tin in some cases -- as well as other impurities known to be toxic and/or carcinogenic."

Farooq

Banned
Speaking of Mavs fans.

qSGncIo.gif

The woman's reaction on the right is amazing. The white guy just kept going...He just kept going.

Nakazato

One receiver I'm a bit surprised hasn't gotten more buzz is Jordan Matthews. 6'3'', 212 ibs, ran in the 4.40s in the combine, and was productive as a receiver in an offense that didn't have a prolific passing game. What's the take on him?
Plays slower than he runs. But he is my favorite wr in the draft

effzee

He's a late riser, but he's built like a tank at 6'2 1/2 215 lbs and still runs a 4.40. Good hands, rarely drops a ball, good YAC and is a physical blocker.

I'd take him over Cooks or Lee no question.

Wow really over Cooks or Lee? This does make me feel better. Felt like Eagles would be making a stupid reach with him at 22.

I don't disagree with you. But I do feel like Lee is going to surprise folks.

I obviously don't follow college ball much but I get the feeling Lee will be good too. Too much seems to be put on him for last season where a lot of factors held him back. Wouldn't mind at all if the Eagles take him. Ideally one of these guys falls to pick #54 because above all I would want a defensive stud in the first round.

BigAT

Starting to smoke cigarettes for health reasons has GOT to be the new :kas.

rando14

Stay strong, Kas!! Nicotine can have an absurdly strong hold over people, you gotta fight that urge man!! We want you here as long as possible brother

Top Bottom