• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No thanks I've already seen Stomp.

But did you see innocent Evan Dietrich Smith trying to punch Suh in the nuts and body after in the pile? Its football, man, Suh was retaliating to something done against him which happens every game. Suh never gets the benefit of the doubt in terms of what offensive lineman do to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZK86AQTqs&t=5m40s

Watch how despite Suh blowing up this Patriots running play, he gets facemasked with no call.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ucted-to-untie-Ndamukong-Suh-shoelaces-121511

Scrub Packer O-lineman Evan Smith got what he deserved. He was intentionally trying to injure Suh outside the rules of the game.

Brock, speaking on KXTG radio in Portland, Ore., said he learned from Packers offensive line coach James Campen that Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith was instructed to untie Suh's shoelaces at every possible opportunity during the game.

"So my friend, James [Campen] — man, I probably shouldn't say his name, he told me not to tell this, and I was like, 'Whatever,' — he's the offensive line coach. The center, or one of his guards, he's had like one or two starts in his career and he's got to play against Suh. So he's pretty puckered, right? So, he's talking to James, the offensive line coach, going, 'What do I do? What do I do?'"

bionic77

To be fair, I thought the women in Chicago were better looking than the women in Dallas or Houston.

But you're probably referring to the cities in the rust belt. Despair, misery, and unemployment is probably the reason for the ugly chicks.
Chicago is a real city. I do not lump it in with the Midwest.

And if the chick in Shrek can get you excited in Ohio I bet the donkey will get your dick hard in Wisconsin.

Gobias

Banned
Welp I thought the game of thrones no book spoilers thread was safe but apparently there are some book readers in there pretending to not know what's going on and "guessing" what will happen next.

Looks like I am bailing from that thread. :(

Really? I thought one guy was for sure. That's pretty fucking lame.

We're only going to need him to kick PATs, since Staff and the rest of the O will be putting up 6's.

We've been a Top 5 offense the last two years and we're only getting better.

:kas

Passing yards doesn't make you a top 5 offense just because you have a boner for that stat. You were 17th in points. Below average.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
:kas

Passing yards doesn't make you a top 5 offense just because you have a boner for that stat. You were 17th in points. Below average.

bush-lions-3_24_13-4_3_r536_c534.jpg

Mind you we were the third ranked offense last year with a below mediocre run game and a depleted WR corp by Week 6.

I think there is no team, other than possibly the Saints, Patriots and Packers, that runs an offense like ours. We run out of the shotgun most of the time and absolutely need a RB who has the speed to work off screens, reverses and draw plays.

We had it briefly with Jahvid Best and our offense was as good as any in the league. It still was without Best, but you had defenses in Nickle and Dime coverage, double and triple teaming Megatron because our RBs didn't have the speed to break anything outside of a 3 yard run (Jocque Bell did a few times as a rookie).

That changes this year with Reggie Bush and I believe one more RB from the draft.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I fear the day when the Lions actually win games.

We tasted it in 2011 and almost beat the Saints at NO in a Wildcard playoff game.

The bandwagon hasn't left the station yet and you're all welcome to hop on before we leave the station once preseason starts.

squicken

Wow finished Bioshock. It does start like crap. It's just a continuation of the other games' combat. But the gameplay opens up with all the zip lines and tears from all the previews and it gets good. Story is pretty boss as well. I kind of think the head dude at Irrational likes the smell of his own farts a bit much, but the non-politics stuff is really good

Anyone here lease their vehicles? A friend's husband runs the local Honda dealership, and right now they're offering the Civic LX for $167 with no money down or due at start. I'd like to think they wouldn't try to con me on anything due to our personal connection, but when it comes to large purchases I can't be too certain. I don't drive a lot of miles, my school and work are both 15 minutes from my house.

My current ride is a 1999 Malibu that has been to hell and back. Not a lot of miles put on it in four-plus years, but an accident and other various repairs has resulted in me sinking far more money into it than what I originally paid to purchase it.

Didn't want to start a new thread in OT, and figured folks in here would give it to me straight.

bionic77

Anyone here lease their vehicles? A friend's husband runs the local Honda dealership, and right now they're offering the Civic LX for $167 with no money down or due at start. I'd like to think they wouldn't try to con me on anything due to our personal connection, but when it comes to large purchases I can't be too certain. I don't drive a lot of miles, my school and work are both 15 minutes from my house.

My current ride is a 1999 Malibu that has been to hell and back. Not a lot of miles put on it in four-plus years, but an accident and other various repairs has resulted in me sinking far more money into it than what I originally paid to purchase it.

Didn't want to start a new thread in OT, and figured folks in here would give it to me straight.
From what I remember leasing is great if you want to change cars frequently or if you own your own business (I think there are some tax savings). I think less gets put down towards the car when you lease than when you buy at the end of the lease. I believe buying used directly from another person is still the way to go.

Depends what you want I guess. I am not making any payments on my car right now other than gas, oil changes and insurance and I love it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We tasted it in 2011 and almost beat the Saints at NO in a Wildcard playoff game.

The bandwagon hasn't left the station yet and you're all welcome to hop on before we leave the station once preseason starts.

Almost doesn't count.

If that were the case the Browns would almost be a good team last year.

Wow finished Bioshock. It does start like crap. It's just a continuation of the other games' combat. But the gameplay opens up with all the zip lines and tears from all the previews and it gets good. Story is pretty boss as well. I kind of think the head dude at Irrational likes the smell of his own farts a bit much, but the non-politics stuff is really good
Pretty much my feelings exactly. I started off fairly disappointed with the game but the second half redeemed it for me for the most part, and by the end I was really happy to have played through it. The ending was great.

That said, I've certainly played better games this year.

While I don't think we almost beat NO in that wildcard game or think this coaching staff is able to take Detroit to the next level, I admire your enthusiasm. You single handedly have drawn me out of the negative and bitter disdain I felt after last season.

You, Kas, are the hero we need.

The Jets are still expected to release Tim Tebow following this month's draft.
The Jets are still going to go through the motions of trying to trade everyone's favorite punt protector. As a player under contract for the next two seasons, Tebow is going to report to voluntary offseason workouts on Monday. But he's not a true part of the quarterback derby headed by Mark Sanchez and David Garrard. Once the Jets fail to trade Tebow at the draft, he'll finally be granted his freedom.
Source: ESPN New York Apr 9 - 8:23 AM
The hostage situation is almost over.

bionic77

Reminds me a little of my favorite Giants interception: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2r8Ft5wWs
I remember that play.

I can't remember a better catch on an INT than Troy's though against the Chargers. If I recall they made a really cool commercial about that play. Ugh memories of being good!

Tebow must hate the Jets organization so much by now.
Who doesn't hate the Jets at this point? Even their own fans hate the team and themselves. I think the only fans they have are their rivals in their division because of the free comedy they provide every year.

Curious what politics stuff you didnt like?
I really thought that they bent over backwards trying to make people on the left as bad as the people on the right. They bash the tea party a lot, but then the Vox are super left and they turn into cold blooded murders, killing people just because they are wearing glasses. If anything I wish they had shown that the Republican idealized world actually wouldnt work on it own, rather then have Columbia doing great until Booker shows up in each timeline.

Who doesn't hate the Jets at this point? Even their own fans hate the team and themselves. I think the only fans they have are their rivals in their division because of the free comedy they provide every year.

Who doesn't hate the Jets? Besides Fox and I'm not even surely he fully likes the Jets anymore.
One cool thing about being a Dolphins fan is that almost every NFL fan hates your biggest rivals. I actually hate the Jets more than the Patriots, to be honest. That 30-9 beatdown that the Dolphins handed the Jets last season was my Super Bowl.

bionic77

One cool thing about being a Dolphins fan is that almost every NFL fan hates your biggest rivals. I actually hate the Jets more than the Patriots, to be honest. That 30-9 beatdown that the Dolphins handed the Jets last season was my Super Bowl.
You are doing it wrong.

If you really feel that way then you were either molested as a kid by some dude wearing a Joe Namath jersey or you are clinically insane.

As a Dolphin fan you should know better than everyone else the evil that resides in Foxboro.

You are doing it wrong.

If you really feel that way then you were either molested as a kid by some dude wearing a Joe Namath jersey or you are clinically insane.

As a Dolphin fan you should know better than everyone else the evil that resides in Foxboro.
No you are doing it wrong.

Being a Browns fan I know the evil that resides in shittsburgh, I wouldn't be surprised if you really hated yourself. I mean you guy root for thugs, a rapist, and Omar Epps.

You are doing it wrong.

I was pretty young when the (ugh) "Monday Night Miracle" happened and that basically scarred me for life.

The Pats are definitely the more evil of the two, though.

And I'll be honest, it's hard to take advice on who I should hate seriously from a Lakers fan. Lakers : NBA = Pats : NFL.

bionic77

No you are doing it wrong.

Being a Browns fan I know the evil that resides in shittsburgh, I wouldn't be surprised if you really hated yourself. I mean you guy root for thugs, a rapist, and Omar Epps.
I was going to tell you how wrong you are, but if anyone could be an expert on shit it would be a Browns fan.

Indeed.

True evil is in Pittsburgh.I mean the QB is a rapist.
And if anyone would now about evil it would be a dirty Pats fan...

Ah, offseason bickering just doesn't have the same bite...
It's true, everyone is kind of half-hearted about it.

So who do you think the Dolphins will take in the first? It sounds like they're leaning a lot more towards LT than CB at this point, but will they trade up to get one of the best available?

Wrayfield

It's true, everyone is kind of half-hearted about it.

So who do you think the Dolphins will take in the first? It sounds like they're leaning a lot more towards LT than CB at this point, but will they trade up to get one of the best available?

I think LT, too. If they must trade up to get that b-ball kid, I'm all for it.

So, who wants to go and watch some women's soccer with me tonight? None of my friends wanna go for some reason.

Just know that I dibsed Alex Morgan.

I have some friends that were irked that
the jingoism/racism angle and ideology that's been trumpeted since the games announcement was little more than red herring when all was said and done.

If you want to discuss more, PM me. Don't want to get too off in the weeds in this thread but I sent you a follow-up to my statement above.:)

bionic77

Is anyone surprised that Pat fans are also into women's soccer and probably the WNBA?

Look at what Brady has done to you people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom