• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
only the niners have the firepower in this years draft to trade up to anywhere we want. the steelers are where they will be for the rest of the decade: shitty enough to miss the playoffs in a weak conference but good enough to never have an elite player available to them in the draft
Having all of those picks sure sounds like a good idea until you find out this is a bad draft class. Fool's gold, my friend.
Mary Kay said there is no interest from the Browns. I believe her because she retweeted from someone else.
Sounds like Mary Kay is providing a valuable twitter parsing service.

Adam Caplan
#Browns HC Rob Chudzinski on new WR David Nelson:
“David possesses very good size and hands, and has a good feel for the game,” said Chudzinski. “He showed promise with Buffalo two years ago before missing most of last season with an injury, and we feel as though he will be a good addition to our group of wide receivers.”
Browns GAF we should be excited when was the last time we've been this active in free agency, I just can't help but feel good about this regime.
I felt good about the last regime change though :/ , fuck u! Walrus!

squicken

Imagine if that guy had a great attitude. Part of me wants the Steelers to trade up past the Rams and take Tavon.

All the world knows the Rams needs WR. They try and pretend they like Quick, but no one believes it. If they want Austin they will have to trade up

I'm relatively sure that's the name of a Gundam pilot.
:lol........but don't you bring Gundam in this!

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini is confident Darrelle Revis will be traded to Tampa Bay before the NFL draft.
Multiple sources confirmed to Cimini that no Revis trade will happen before the week of the draft, but it is going down. Revis' contract is not seen as an obstacle because Bucs GM Mark Dominik is willing to satisfy his price tag, and "there's too much motivation on each side for it not to happen." The Bucs are desperate at cornerback, and the Jets are desperate for draft picks.
I hope, I just want some football news to talk about, and this is probably good for the Browns

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Maaaaan, when Percy wanted to he was killing it all over the field. Alas.

Its pretty depressing seeing dudes with so much talent throw it away due to arrogance and stupidity. Same thing with Titus Young Sr. He could be a legit #1 on a lot of teams but due to selfishness he refused to accept the team mentality.

If Percy Harvin ever quit on his team (or work) or didn't play because of bullshit headaches, that is the type of person that rarely changes whether we're talking about team sports or work/school.

jakncoke

Banned
Honestly guys, what's worse on a female? Sharp knees or pointy elbows?

pointy elbows could be daggers if you spend the night with the chick, sharp knees you'll never see in sex and you can force her to wear long dresses so you never see them out of bed!

ChanHuk

Banned
pointy elbows could be daggers if you spend the night with the chick, sharp knees you'll never see in sex and you can force her to wear long dresses so you never see them out of bed!

Sharp knees can be a problem if you like putting her legs over your shoulders......

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Versatile offensive lineman catches Packers’ eye

quessenberry1.jpg

The Packers like offensive linemen who can play multiple spots on the offensive line.

For that reason, they apparently like David Quessenberry.

An offensive lineman from San Jose State who is projected to be a mid-round pick, Quessenberry has caught the attention of Packers G.M. Ted Thompson. According to Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Thompson and his scouts spent time at the Senior Bowl watching Quesenberry play all five positions on the offensive line.

Not bad for a guy who arrived at college as a tight end.

“I’ve been getting a lot of different feedback from a lot of different teams,” Quessenberry told Demovsky. “A lot of people see me as a tackle, and others see me as a guard or center. A team like Green Bay, they see me at all five, and that’s where my value is, being able to play all those positions and handle all that. I’ve gotten real positive feedback from them.”

Thompson, per Demovsky, has taken at least one offensive lineman per year, and a total of 14 in eight drafts. Primarily a left tackle in college, Quesenberry would be the fifth Packers offensive lineman who played left tackle at the NCAA level.

Fun fact, Quessenberry was a freshman when my high school teammate and fellow defensive end who started opposite of me, Kevin Hess (Cal Poly), was also a freshman. I was a HS senior when Hess was a junior and I won Defensive lineman of the year my senior year. Hess went on to win it the year afterwards. I fucked up my college prospects numerous ways, unlike my buddy. I don't know if they ever played against each other but I'll have to ask him.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/fls/5600/stats/football/2009/calpoly.htm

I really like what I see out of Quessenberry. After watching the Dee Milliner SportsScience, I'm convinced we have to draft him if he's available at #5. Either him or Dion Jordan should hopefully be available at #5 and we should draft Quessenberry with our #37 pick.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL.com compares him to Doug Free.......that's not a good thing.

You have to be careful when listening to "experts" who only watch the big conferences and not the mid-major divisions (or not as much films on San Jose State, Delaware, Fresno State etc.). Some guys have a ton of talent and didn't get recruited to bigger schools for one reason or another.

If he's good enough to be a 1st-2nd round NFL pick a lot of big name programs fucked up in their recruiting.

There is always one or two gems each round, from smaller schools, every round. The teams that identify those types of talents are the ones that usually have success (Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Ravens etc.)

ChanHuk

Banned
You have to be careful when listening to "experts" who only watch the big conferences and not the mid-major divisions (or not as much films on San Jose State, Delaware, Fresno State etc.). Some guys have a ton of talent and didn't get recruited to bigger schools for one reason or another.

If he's good enough to be a 1st-2nd round NFL pick a lot of big name programs fucked up in their recruiting.

There is always one or two gems each round, from smaller schools, every round. The teams that identify those types of talents are the ones that usually have success (Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Ravens etc.)

I've watched a couple of WAC games because my friend played for Hawaii and my grandma lives in Fresno. Those guys definitely have talent, in the words of Gruden, he's a football player. They're not the most athletic guys but they'll get the job done. Raiders starting LT is a 3rd round pick from a tiny DII school, forget where. But he's the rock on the line, can play every single position, I think we had him as our center during his rookie year (The guy is 6'8 320lbs) for a game or two.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Plenty, isn't the most attractive person in Oakland J.Russell though?!

I thank the football Gods everyday Al Davis choose JaMarcus Russel over Calvin Johnson. Matt Millen's dumb ass would've taken JaMarcus as our QB of the future if Al Davis had gone the Megatron route.

I really hope JaMarcus ends up on the Jets for the :jncs

bionic77

Plenty, isn't the most attractive person in Oakland J.Russell though?!
There are hot bitches everywhere but I would not go so far as go say there are "plenty".

I will say that standards get lowered pretty quickly in the Midwest. The girl from Shrek starts to look pretty hot when you are surrounded by a lot of ugly girls!

Also the dark is a pretty fantastic invention in Ohio.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I will say that standards get lowered pretty quickly in the Midwest. The girl from Shrek starts to look pretty hot when you are surrounded by a lot of ugly girls!

To be fair, I thought the women in Chicago were better looking than the women in Dallas or Houston.

But you're probably referring to the cities in the rust belt. Despair, misery, and unemployment is probably the reason for the ugly chicks.

To be fair, I thought the women in Chicago were better looking than the women in Dallas or Houston.

But you're probably referring to the cities in the rust belt. Despair, misery, and unemployment is probably the reason for the ugly chicks.
You forgot miserable weather.

Though I don't mind it! But I'm not a girl.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp I thought the game of thrones no book spoilers thread was safe but apparently there are some book readers in there pretending to not know what's going on and "guessing" what will happen next.

Looks like I am bailing from that thread. :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Welp I thought the game of thrones no book spoilers thread was safe but apparently there are some book readers in there pretending to not know what's going on and "guessing" what will happen next.

Looks like I am bailing from that thread. :(

Yeah you want to stay away from all discussion about it. The third book is the best in the series by far. So that means stay away for the next two seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom