• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
Our last two starting corners last season had the same problem as these guys fragile. But we're cash strapped so we gotta get by with 2nd tier guys. I just can't forget Jenkins side stepping a would be tackle because he was scared of getting trenttrucked.

For some reason I have this feeling that if the Raiders don't trade down and Fisher is available, he'll be the pick. JV and Fisher at both tackle positions I can be onboard with. DT has always been a high risk low reward kinda pick, still I hope we draft someone on either sides of the trenches.

Hey, the Browns no longer have Brian Robiskie or Massaqaoi, aka captain concussion. That's addition by subtraction, I'm looking forward to our receivers for the first time in forever, really.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hey, the Browns no longer have Brian Robiskie or Massaqaoi, aka captain concussion. That's addition by subtraction, I'm looking forward to our receivers for the first time in forever, really.

Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Jordan Norwood, Travis Benjamin, David Nelson, Josh Cooper

Am I missing anyone?

A bunch of young studs right there.

Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Jordan Norwood, Travis Benjamin, David Nelson, Josh Cooper

Am I missing anyone?

A bunch of young studs right there.

I hope Josh Cooper plays more this year, you could tell he had a chemistry with Weeden. Also, I dunno if Norwood sticks around, could be the odd man out. I do like the addition of Nelson though, hopefully that ACL's all healed

Our last two starting corners last season had the same problem as these guys fragile. But we're cash strapped so we gotta get by with 2nd tier guys. I just can't forget Jenkins side stepping a would be tackle because he was scared of getting trenttrucked.

For some reason I have this feeling that if the Raiders don't trade down and Fisher is available, he'll be the pick. JV and Fisher at both tackle positions I can be onboard with. DT has always been a high risk low reward kinda pick, still I hope we draft someone on either sides of the trenches.

I was talking about this with someone last night, it'd definitely be hard to pass on Fisher.

lol Jerry Jones asking RT Doug Free to take a pay cut so he can sign Eric Winston.

I hope Josh Cooper plays more this year, you could tell he had a chemistry with Weeden. Also, I dunno if Norwood sticks around, could be the odd man out. I do like the addition of Nelson though, hopefully that ACL's all healed
If anything Cooper would probably be the odd man out I think, well still probably draft a guy at wr too. I suspect that we might get a rb too.
Are they calling themselves "Young" money specifically to shit in the face of Weeden?
:lmao

If anything Cooper would probably be the odd man out I think, well still probably draft a guy at wr too. I suspect that we might get a rb too.

:lmao

Norwood is just borderline meh. Cooper had the history with Weeden, and was pretty good when he was in there. I'd like to see Cooper get a better chance.

Still, this is like 4th, 5th, WR so I guess it doesn't matter too much, but I liked Cooper when he was in there. Also yeah, I could see a WR drafted, just thank goodness it won't be in the 2nd round! (watch they somehow pull this off still...)

Norwood is just borderline meh. Cooper had the history with Weeden, and was pretty good when he was in there. I'd like to see Cooper get a better chance.

Still, this is like 4th, 5th, WR so I guess it doesn't matter too much, but I liked Cooper when he was in there. Also yeah, I could see a WR drafted, just thank goodness it won't be in the 2nd round! (watch they somehow pull this off still...)
If the talents there you gotta grab it brah, I'm not opposed to drafting Austin in the first honestly.

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't want them to draft another WR. I wouldn't mind a late round pick on a project. If we're going to spend a Top 100 pick on any offensive position I hope it's TE.

ChanHuk

Banned
I was talking about this with someone last night, it'd definitely be hard to pass on Fisher.

lol Jerry Jones asking RT Doug Free to take a pay cut so he can sign Eric Winston.

Financially it makes sense to have JV and Fisher as your starting tackles. JV will get paid like a top 10 LT, Fisher is on a rookie cap so I'm okay with that. Once both their contracts are up, JV will be 30 and Fisher still in his mid 20s. Flip flop them, pay Fisher LT money and JV RT money. That's 8-10 years of not having to worry about your tackles barring injury or Fisher being a flop which is always a possibility.

Fantomex

So getting banned in the gaming side is pretty easy. Anyways, I have returned.

tumblr_ljc1v9110C1qffe1lo1_400.jpg

So I'm seeing the Phins are probably picking up Trufant, not bad since we need a corner. I still think our OL is gonna be mediocre at best. Wallace needs at least 4 seconds to get open, and Tannehills gonna only have 2 to throw. Whatever.

squicken

Curious what politics stuff you didnt like?
I really thought that they bent over backwards trying to make people on the left as bad as the people on the right. They bash the tea party a lot, but then the Vox are super left and they turn into cold blooded murders, killing people just because they are wearing glasses. If anything I wish they had shown that the Republican idealized world actually wouldnt work on it own, rather then have Columbia doing great until Booker shows up in each timeline.

Soory for the late response. been swamped

See I thought the left was very non-specific Orwellian baddies, while the right was very much 2010s US Right. It was like he couldn't think of a way to mock current "progressive" ideals, so had to go way back to crib

So I'm seeing the Phins are probably picking up Trufant, not bad since we need a corner. I still think our OL is gonna be mediocre at best. Wallace needs at least 4 seconds to get open, and Tannehills gonna only have 2 to throw. Whatever.
Welcome back! Trufant seems like a bad value with the 12th pick, I thought Rhodes would be a more likely candidate for a CB. Honestly I think the Dolphins will pick up a OT though, so the question now is whether or not they're willing to trade up to get someone who justifies a higher pick (12 is an awkward spot for a OT from what I've seen).

The o-line should be alright. Honestly I still think Martin could be a good LT (especially if he bulks up some this off season like he said he would) but I know everyone isn't in agreement with me there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If it's Percy Harvin without headaches, I think you should. Jury is out, of course. I'd want Austin in a trade down which involves us getting that 2nd rounder back.

At the #6 pick, you want somebody way better than Percy Harvin. Harvin is good but he's not as good as Julio Jones or AJ Green. That's the kind of guy you want to get at that point in the draft.

squicken

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Scratch Rams off list of possible destinations for Tim Tebow. St. Louis, rumored 2 be interested last yr, won't be trading for him, I'm told

They weren't interested last year, either. It was a story out of nowhere that no one ever followed up

Fantomex

Welcome back! Trufant seems like a bad value with the 12th pick, I thought Rhodes would be a more likely candidate for a CB. Honestly I think the Dolphins will pick up a OT though, so the question now is whether or not they're willing to trade up to get someone who justifies a higher pick (12 is an awkward spot for a OT from what I've seen).

The o-line should be alright. Honestly I still think Martin could be a good LT (especially if he bulks up some this off season like he said he would) but I know everyone isn't in agreement with me there.

Yeah I see your point. This whole draft class seems to not really have value in general. I really feel it in my gut though, that the Dolphins might need to either get into the top 5, or trade down all the way to about 18-20. This draft to me doesn't seem to be loaded with talent at key positions. I'm not saying WR, QB necessarily, but OL and DL seems to be dudes that any other year would be late 1st rounders. I'd even be tempted to say trade down and save for next year. Where do guys like Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre Paul seem to get drafted? That's what we need. Martin is good to me also. But damn, it's like we have no studs. Then again a lot of teams don't. But I wish for once we had a Kevin Mawae or Olin Kreutz giant that just smacked dudes in the mouth.

Yeah I see your point. This whole draft class seems to not really have value in general. I really feel it in my gut though, that the Dolphins might need to either get into the top 5, or trade down all the way to about 18-20. This draft to me doesn't seem to be loaded with talent at key positions. I'm not saying WR, QB necessarily, but OL and DL seems to be dudes that any other year would be Mid 1st rounders. I'd even be tempted to say trade down and save for next year. Where do guys like Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre Paul seem to get drafted? That's what we need. Martin is good to me also. But damn, it's like we have no studs. Then again a lot of teams don't. But I wish for once we had a Kevin Mawae or Olin Kreutz giant that just smacked dudes in the mouth.
I thought the general feeling was that this draft was pretty good for linemen? I'll be honest though, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the draft and college recruits so I mostly just go by what I read.

Were you sad to see Jake Long go or did you think it was a necessity? I wish they could have worked a deal out but if his injuries continued to be an issue he would have become a pretty big liability.

Soory for the late response. been swamped

See I thought the left was very non-specific Orwellian baddies, while the right was very much 2010s US Right. It was like he couldn't think of a way to mock current "progressive" ideals, so had to go way back to crib

No problem sir.
I totally agree that it wasnt anything specific to the US left today, but I do think that probably has to do with the far right cornering the market on over the top villainy these last few years. I liked that they were willing to make the leader of the Vox just as evil as Comstock though. Her trying to murder the kid just becase his parents had money was pretty evil. I really would have liked to see a world where Booker died at Wounded Knee, just as a baseline. Would the Vox have still formed and revolted against who ever filled Comstock's role? I hope they announce what the DLC will be soon. There are so many directions they could take it.

squicken

Yeah I see your point. This whole draft class seems to not really have value in general. I really feel it in my gut though, that the Dolphins might need to either get into the top 5, or trade down all the way to about 18-20. This draft to me doesn't seem to be loaded with talent at key positions. I'm not saying WR, QB necessarily, but OL and DL seems to be dudes that any other year would be Mid 1st rounders. I'd even be tempted to say trade down and save for next year. Where do guys like Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre Paul seem to get drafted? That's what we need. Martin is good to me also. But damn, it's like we have no studs. Then again a lot of teams don't. But I wish for once we had a Kevin Mawae or Olin Kreutz giant that just smacked dudes in the mouth.

This is just from what I have read:

There are good players, but it's skill position poor, and there aren't many guys who would 1st round picks in most drafts. But there are lots who would be 2nd and 3rd in those drafts that won't go until the 4 and 5th b/c it's a deep draft.

If that's really true, it's kind of cool, b/c that is where the good teams separate from the bad ones. Finding the guys who fit the scheme the best

At the #6 pick, you want somebody way better than Percy Harvin. Harvin is good but he's not as good as Julio Jones or AJ Green. That's the kind of guy you want to get at that point in the draft.

Exactly, it's why I'd want to trade down to get him, if we do.

Julio Jones would have looked good in Orange and Brown, but then we wouldn't have Phil Taylor, and Josh Gordon. Hopefully we'll see Gordon flourish this year.

squicken

No problem sir.
I totally agree that it wasnt anything specific to the US left today, but I do think that probably has to do with the far right cornering the market on over the top villainy these last few years. I liked that they were willing to make the leader of the Vox just as evil as Comstock though. Her trying to murder the kid just becase his parents had money was pretty evil. I really would have liked to see a world where Booker died at Wounded Knee, just as a baseline. Would the Vox have still formed and revolted against who ever filled Comstock's role? I hope they announce what the DLC will be soon. There are so many directions they could take it.

The DLC will depend on their focus. The game is very fun when on the zip lines and using tears. Lots of emergent gameplay. If it's the linear whack-a-mole stuff that is just a lame container for awesome presentation and story telling, I'm less interested. The last third makes the game. Really fun story and really fun mechanics

Fantomex

I thought the general feeling was that this draft was pretty good for linemen? I'll be honest though, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the draft and college recruits so I mostly just go by what I read.

Were you sad to see Jake Long go or did you think it was a necessity? I wish they could have worked a deal out but if his injuries continued to be an issue he would have become a pretty big liability.

This draft is good, but it's just not full of studs or bang for your buck as Squicken noted. As far as Jake Long goes, I didn't think he needed to go, but he was asking for far too much coming of 2 years with so many injuries. But then again I don't know what Irelands posturing was. I would of preferred a 4 year deal with less upfront and loaded with bonuses on the third and fourth year but that wasn't gonna happen. But like you said, having Martin be so good made him expendable.
This is just from what I have read:

There are good players, but it's skill position poor, and there aren't many guys who would 1st round picks in most drafts. But there are lots who would be 2nd and 3rd in those drafts that won't go until the 4 and 5th b/c it's a deep draft.

If that's really true, it's kind of cool, b/c that is where the good teams separate from the bad ones. Finding the guys who fit the scheme the best

Pretty much. This is a draft were people like the hoodie and the steelers organization really shine. Shoot I'm pretty sure the Giants are gonna do great too.

effzee

I want:

Dion/Star
Matt Elam
EJ Manuel

as the first three picks. EJ Manuel won me over when he said he grew up a McNabb/Eagles fan.

Make it happen Howie and Chip! Oh and sign that Andre Smith fella will you? Or any of the other FA RTs? lol farts

The rest of the draft can be CB, DE, and OL.

Draxal

Thread on BBI about the most hated Giant has me thinking.

It's obviously Jeremiah Parker for anybody who remembers him (Tito Wooten is a close second place). Anybody else remember the complete scumbags that you just hated playing for your team?

cdyhybrid

Yeah! Also, Alfred Morris is not as good as Dashon Goldson.

hearing that Miami might be wanting to trade up to grab Fisher? any Phins fans know if that's BS or not? I notice they have 2 2nd and 2 3rd rounders. I'd be more than happy to pick up a 2nd rounder and maybe a 4th. Not greedy.

Wow, NFL fandom is pretty dumb then. Immaculate Reception anyone.
Music City Miracle, Tyree Helmet catch, "The Catch", Harrison's return in SB43...

I could keep going on the number of plays (those are just recent ones) that are more deserving and it's got little to do with me being a Giants fan either.

Draxal

Music City Miracle, Tyree Helmet catch, "The Catch", Harrison's return in SB43...

I could keep going on the number of plays (those are just recent ones) that are more deserving and it's got little to do with me being a Giants fan either.

I think Immaculate is first, Music City Miracle is second. Their teams were losing, and they were critical and insanely out of the ordinary plays that scored game winning touchdowns at the end of games. Tyree's was great, but it didn't actually score the touchdown. The catch satsified the timing aspect, but it wasn't nearly as crazy as the other two, it was more of a symbolic thing, so it's third. Harrison's was too early in the game.

My problem with the Eagles/Giants one is that a. It was a horrible punt, and he had an easy return, nothing out of the ordinary besides timing B. the eagles were tied at that point. c. The eagles were kicking the giants ass all over the field at that time, even if they went into ot, I'm pretty sure they would have kicked the Giant's ass. I would put the Miracle over the Meadowlands over this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom