• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No you dont lol

Looking at some mock drafts I'm shocked at how far down he's fallen. Despite the shitty BCS game, and fake GF, he had a great overall career at Notre Dame. Despite what the NFL.com article says he could be there for us at #65, or maybe we end up trading up into the 2nd to get him.

I'm going to trust Mayhews Best Play Available Strategy, outside of DT and QB, obviously.

So guys what are we talki...

Fuck all of you, assholes.

110411-NFL-Eli-Manning-Inside-JW_20111104132701661_0_0.JPG

The Giants will daft Mani Teo
Is that Manti's invisible brother?

jakncoke

Banned
Looking at some mock drafts I'm shocked at how far down he's fallen. Despite the shitty BCS game, and fake GF, he had a great overall career at Notre Dame. Despite what the NFL.com article says he could be there for us at #65, or maybe we end up trading up into the 2nd to get him.

I'm going to trust Mayhews Best Play Available Strategy, outside of DT and QB, obviously.

Having a great college career doesnt mean you will translate well over to the pros

Browns-Gaf should like this from the article on how the defensive game plan was born for 42:

Eagles', Ravens' blueprint

One game that particularly caught the interest of the Giants coaches was not the game everyone probably would have predicted, like Philadelphia or Baltimore.

It was the Patriots game against the Cleveland Browns, on Oct. 7.

The Patriots won, 34-17, which seemed to fit in with all their previous blowout wins the first two months.

But the win was a lot tougher than the stat sheet revealed.

Two of the Patriots touchdowns followed interceptions in Browns territory (34- and 25-yard lines) and another came on a fourth quarter interception return (Randall Gay) for a touchdown.

And while Brady had a very good quarterback rating, 105.7, he completed only 22 of 38 passes for 57.5 percent, his lowest until the Ravens game eight weeks later.

"We learned the most from watching this game. Romeo knew the (Patriots) group," he said of Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel, the former Patriots defensive coordinator. "The Browns played a two-deep (safety) scheme, mixing them up on third down, especially. Their players always put their hands on receivers at the line of scrimmage, especially on third down. It was the best we saw.

"Romeo didn't want to get beat giving up the deep pass. It was similar to what you saw the Eagles and Ravens do," said Giunta. "But the Browns did it better."

The Browns were the first team that decided Moss, who had averaged 7.8 receptions for 126.3 yards and 1.8 TDs the first four games, was not going to beat them.

Moss finished the Cleveland game with three catches for 46 yards and no scores.

"They also got a little pressure on Brady," said Giunta. "It was really the game that showed us the most."

He really means the second most, because the Giants-Pats game to end the regular season was their barometer, and specifically those notes.

And the defensive game plan was born.

Draxal

Brought the 3DS to work today.....played pretty much all day in my office. Got paid. So I'm kinda a professional gamer. Feels good.

Did you beat Fire Emblem yet?

Just wanted to pimp this over in the professorial thread for those interested. A user over at BBI posted some really killer stuff on Super Bowl 42 that's worth a look:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53313303&postcount=541

When I clicked the link I thought it was going to be either Anish or Dorgan, of course Dorgan doesn't know how to use Photoshop so it had to be Anish.

So some reason my order for roku 3 got messed up at Bestbuy smh, so now I'm thinking should I still go with the roku or get apple Tv? Any suggestions ?

Eric Wright takes a massive pay cut to remain in Tampa Bay:

@RapSheet: Eric Wright's new deal is for $1.5M with a good chance to earn $3M #compromise”

He was due to make nearly 8 million. League suspensions, injury and lots of hub bub about the money on his deal along with an extremely soft FA market means pay cut. No guaranteed money in that either.

squicken

Everyone in Bucs Org On-Board with Freeman ... Except Head Coach

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/heres-why-the-bucs-havent-had-a-shakeup-at-quarterback/2114014

There’s a reason for this: The Bucs, as an organization, aren’t all that concerned about the record-breaking Freeman and the quarterback position. In fact, people close to Freeman have confirmed that Just about everyone at One Buc Place seems onboard with Freeman except for one person: Schiano.

Whether that’s because the head coach didn’t draft Freeman or because he feels he hasn’t seen enough, everything you’ve read and heard about the Bucs looking into quarterbacks in free agency and the draft has been driven almost exclusively by Schiano.

General manager Mark Dominik, who drafted Freeman, admits the quarterback has displayed some frustrating swings in his play. Everyone knows that is indisputable. But Dominik, you’ll notice, maintains his effusive praise of Freeman. He’s been asked about the quarterback as often or more than Schiano during this offseason, and Dominik has never publicly expressed major doubts.

Schiano, meanwhile, has repeatedly hedged when talking about Freeman. He’s spent more time talking about his quarterback’s weaknesses than that of the Bucs’ dreadful secondary in 2012. We’ve heard about the need for competition to push Freeman, about the inconsistencies in his technique, about his decision-making – all are fair criticisms – even while there are far bigger concerns on the roster. Keep in mind that it’s rare to hear coaches talk about their quarterbacks in those terms.

Freeman really reminds me of Flacco. Best attribute is the deep ball. Both guys struggle with short and intermediate game, though Freeman will throw more INTs. We'll see with Flacco, though. His low INT numbers have come in a career spent on a team that was always close or ahead. Freeman is often behind and playing with a bad defense

Godslay

Banned
Everyone in Bucs Org On-Board with Freeman ... Except Head Coach

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/heres-why-the-bucs-havent-had-a-shakeup-at-quarterback/2114014

Freeman really reminds me of Flacco. Best attribute is the deep ball. Both guys struggle with short and intermediate game, though Freeman will throw more INTs. We'll see with Flacco, though. His low INT numbers have come in a career spent on a team that was always close or ahead. Freeman is often behind and playing with a bad defense

That's just to get his fatass motivated. If Schiano doesn't push him, he'll be back to the Taco Bell trough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom