• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

There is a price for everything.

There are no free rides and your qb has no penis.

Hair loss (alopecia), decreased libido or sex drive, and bloody stools have also been reported.

thatsit-imoutgameoverman_8e846debb8a2f24b1a8f6e573271cffa.gif

squicken

Does Adderall have nasty side effects? Cause these dudes make me wanna try it.

High blood pressure is one, even for people who don't have HBP. I had a friend who was prescribed it for adult ADHD and he said it made him feel out of control after just a week of taking it. My brother took it when he studied for tests and said it was a godsend, and that everyone he knew took the stuff as well

I feel like, if Richard Sherman is involved with something, then it's probably best for decent folk to avoid it

squicken

Guess the Ravens felt they were short on criminals

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues.

Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues.

It's an important factor of any championship caliber team. If you really want to see the Rams succeed you better hope Bradford gets his hands "wet" this off-season.

Rorschach

The Sherman quote sounds like he did it and got away with it.

It's an important factor of any championship caliber team. If you really want to see the Rams succeed you better hope Bradford gets his hands "wet" this off-season.

He has to finger Tom Brady to win a championship? Well, I guess it worked for Eli. Maybe you're on to something.

Milchjon

What more did you want? You got a tap on the wrist and they destroyed the evidence for you. You wanted them to flick Brady's Bean or something?

I was hoping three question marks would make it obvious enough that I wasn't completely serious ;-)

Yes, the Brewers 2011 World Championship is been erased from the history books, just the Patriots stolen super bowls.

Bah, just shows that some can't even win by cheating.

Edit: Wait, the nice Brewers logo with the catchers mitt hasn't been used in 20 years? Still looks pretty contemporary.

effzee

and big fucking contract. how is this even close to worth it

I think they justify it because they had the absolute worst pass D in the league. They play in a division where the Saints and Falcons passing attack carves them up. They also think they are closer to making a push for the SB than most people think.

Plus any CB they take in the draft won't be better than Revis. And money was they have tons of room. Though I don't think they will give up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 7th round pick.

Jets want a similar deal to what the Vikings got for Harvin.

If Jets end up with 2 first round picks in this year's draft I wonder if they draft a QB or just give Sanchez some weapons (Austin) to see if there is any hope left with him before hitting the reset button full on next draft. Jets secondary held up well even without Revis last year so they won't need to address the CB position right away.

If they can they should load up on some weapons. With two first round picks they can get the best WR and TE possibly in the draft. Or one of the better OTs still available mid first round.

Music City Miracle, Tyree Helmet catch, "The Catch", Harrison's return in SB43...

I could keep going on the number of plays (those are just recent ones) that are more deserving and it's got little to do with me being a Giants fan either.

More deserving how? I think the poll was more geared towards exciting plays and that was the last great play in people's memories. Just the way the whole fourth quarter went down and how you never ever expect a walk off punt return. Especially when its Desean and the Giants have been burned by him before and everyone in the world was thinking it won't be kicked to him. And after he fumbled at first.

bionic77

The Sherman quote sounds like he did it and got away with it.

He has to finger Tom Brady to win a championship? Well, I guess it worked for Eli. Maybe you're on to something.
Take it back Rors.

We all know that Eli is pure as the driven snow (I actually have no idea what the fuck that means but I don't want anyone to imply that Eli was anything but a innocent virgin when he won those titles).

More deserving how? I think the poll was more geared towards exciting plays and that was the last great play in people's memories. Just the way the whole fourth quarter went down and how you never ever expect a walk off punt return. Especially when its Desean and the Giants have been burned by him before and everyone in the world was thinking it won't be kicked to him. And after he fumbled at first.

There are a few plays I would have put over the DJax play, because they happened in playoff games, but the first ever game ending punt return especially to come back from such a huge hole is an amazing play. It is definitely one of the top plays all time.

Rorschach

Take it back Rors.

We all know that Eli is pure as the driven snow (I actually have no idea what the fuck that means but I don't want anyone to imply that Eli was anything but a innocent virgin when he won those titles).

I meant that figuratively or I would have said it worked for Belichick.

I5RCAjH.jpg

Cool Hand Eli's hand is too cold to finger anything but a nice cold beer.

bionic77

I meant that figuratively or I would have said it worked for Belichick.

I5RCAjH.jpg

Cool Hand Eli's hand is too cold to finger anything but a nice cold beer.
You can see the devil in that whores evil red eyes.

Granted I am not strong enough to say no to attractive sluts like her, but that is why I am posting about football on my iPhone and am not a Superbowl champ like Eli. I don't have the willpower to say no to hot willing women or let a relative impregnate my wife.

Let that be a lesson to you kids.

I think the poll was pretty clear - greatest play in NFL history. There isn't much ambiguity in that statement. They weren't voting on the whole of the 4th quarter..but that punt return. As exciting as it is (and again, I don't deny it's a great play), yes you're damned right the other plays I listed are far more deserving, historically important and downright more exciting.

Objectively speaking, you must be joking if you think that's the greatest play in NFL history.

Draxal

You can see the devil in that whores evil red eyes.

Granted I am not strong enough to say no to attractive sluts like her, but that is why I am posting about football on my iPhone and am not a Superbowl champ like Eli. I don't have the willpower to say no to hot willing women or let a relative impregnate my wife.

Let that be a lesson to you kids.

Have you ever thought of it might have been a different relative, a relative with magical seed that has spawned two super bowl mvps?

I think the poll was pretty clear - greatest play in NFL history. There isn't much ambiguity in that statement. They weren't voting on the whole of the 4th quarter..but that punt return. As exciting as it is (and again, I don't deny it's a great play), yes you're damned right the other plays I listed are far more deserving, historically important and downright more exciting.

Objectively speaking, you must be joking if you think that's the greatest play in NFL history.

Agreed,

I stand by my list.

1. Immaculate Reception
2. Music City Miracle
3. The Catch

Although,

I would probably put the play, and the entire Oklahoma/Boise State game above those two.

Confirmed, yeah:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 3m

The Patriots just submitted an offer sheet on Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders. some actual restricted free agent movement. Wow

Steelers can match though I'm curious what the Pats are offering.

Also, Dansby visiting the Bengals:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 6m

As @ProFootballTalk tweeted, LB Karlos Dansby is in Cincy visiting the Bengals today.

I think McClain can still be something, what is he, like 23? We'll reform him and turn him into an upstanding member of society.

eznark

Banned
Man am I glad it's baseball season. My entire morning has been spend analyzing Axford's release point to determine if it can explain his dip in velocity and insanely high HR rate on curveballs.

I wish football were so friendly to analysis.

Schefter's reporting the money in the offer sheet is "modest" and likely not enough to scare Pitt away. They could just decide to take the third.

Wes

venison crêpe
“How many games are we going to win?” said Milliner, playing along with the thought he will be issued an orange helmet after the Browns make their pick at No. 6 overall on April 25. “We’ll be a contender in the playoffs.” (link)

I kinda like the Sanders situation. We need a WR and we're not great at drafting/developing them and maybe he could work out.

Either way, if we get him, we steal a guy from the Steelers and fill a need and if we don't get him, the Steelers will be fucked cap wise even more and we keep the pick.

Draxal

Future:

I know we had our arguments about Fewell before, but the Spags/Superbowl thread actually had an interesting quote by Ralph Vacciano.

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
There was a players revolt 18 years ago when Ray Handley and Rod Rust tried to turn a once-aggressive Giants defense into a passive read-and-react team. A similar approach didn’t work so well in the final years of Tim Lewis’ reign either.

Perry Fewell, though, seems ready to give it a try again.

It’s not all of what his varied and seemingly complex defensive approach is about, but there’s no doubt that Fewell wants the Giants’ secondary to employ a “Read and React” approach to coverage during this season which is now just one week away. I wrote a detailed story on the Giants’ new defensive scheme in today’s Daily News.

What I found was that, unlike the ’92, the current players like it. And they think it can be a surprisingly aggressive approach, too.

"Perry Fewell's defense is made to bend, but don't break," cornerback Terrell Thomas said. “We’re going to give up underneath throws. That wasn't what the Giants' defense was known for the last couple of years. And I think that's going to be a hard adjustment for the fans and media to see. But I think the overall objective is to create more turnovers."

I stand by initial thought that Fewell was a bad hire for our personnel, but if he keeps on getting personnel that supports his defense (Stevie Brown is pretty much a perfect fit for it).

I'm wondering if Reese will change his philosophy on which defensive players to target in the draft to work with Fewell.

brentech

Apparently someone got my credit card scanned and tried swipe at a gas station in Nebraska real early this morning. Luckily it was spotted as shady from the get go and they held off on allowing it. Now the card is cancelled while I await a new.

Makes me wonder where whomever got the digits/scan of the card.

ChanHuk

Banned

I was curious as to how the Raiders signed 4 FA for the price of cutting Solando. Apparently his guaranteed money this season was voided because he was suspended 4 games last season. Cleared close to 4 million in cap space.

Someone once used my card to buy $600 worth of booze in Brooklyn. The internet is not a safe place.

You gave your creditcard to a random person on the internet?

Sidenote, the anger from Steelers fans on Twitter right now is amazing.

DA NIGGA ON DA HORSE said:
@E_Sanders88 <++++++ PUSSY!!!! we made yu fuck boi!! watch how ur career die now

Great name too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom