• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Wright takes a massive pay cut to remain in Tampa Bay:

He was due to make nearly 8 million. League suspensions, injury and lots of hub bub about the money on his deal along with an extremely soft FA market means pay cut. No guaranteed money in that either.

He's not starting anymore there, is he? He's a decent cover corner, can't tackle worth a lick. My largest memory of him though, was getting steamrolled by AD on that big TD carry.

squicken

That's just to get his fatass motivated. If Schiano doesn't push him, he'll be back to the Taco Bell trough.

My only worry with Freeman is the way he melted down at the end of last year. He almost seemed to give up. It's hard to know what's there behind the scenes. If he's not working the way Schiano wants as far as film room and mechanics, then that can be a disconnect with coach and front office

squicken

The Jets couldn't have ruined Tebow's career any more than they have. Don't play him at all, then keep him on the roster through OTAs and mini-camp but cut him before the season starts, ruining any chance he would have had to catch on with another team. Butt Fumble should be only the start of their humiliation

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My only worry with Freeman is the way he melted down at the end of last year. He almost seemed to give up. It's hard to know what's there behind the scenes. If he's not working the way Schiano wants as far as film room and mechanics, then that can be a disconnect with coach and front office

Freeman just gets disinterested too easily, imo. Needs exactly the right coach. I'm not sure who that is, but it's not Schiano.

Godslay

Banned

You could be right. I don't know shit about the Bucs, but I just imagined the disconnect being that Schiano wants more out of him, and will push him under the guise of competition.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Jets couldn't have ruined Tebow's career any more than they have. Don't play him at all, then keep him on the roster through OTAs and mini-camp but cut him before the season starts, ruining any chance he would have had to catch on with another team. Butt Fumble should be only the start of their humiliation

I was going to say the Football Gods are going to smite the Jets franchise for a long time for what they've done to him, but now the Jets are messing with the omnipotent God who is the creator of all the universe.

They're fucked, Chicago Cubs style.

Props to Tebow for being a total professional and keeping his mouth closed when he could've gone and bitched to the media a million times already.

ChanHuk

Banned
I wouldn't be too excited. lol. Dude gets blown on and he misses half the season. When he's in there he's getting beat over the top.

Maybe he catches on with you guys, I hope for your sake.

Eh he can't be much worse than Giordano last season. That guy was only good for faking injuries on whiffed tackles. Al should of never gotten of Stevie Brown.

Eh he can't be much worse than Giordano last season. That guy was only good for faking injuries on whiffed tackles. Al should of never gotten of Stevie Brown.

He has good speed....in madden. lol. Got better use out of him in that. I thought he'd be a good replacement for us at safety but that never worked out.

As I said, I do really hope he's successful with you, I do like the Raiders a lot as well.

ChanHuk

Banned
He has good speed....in madden. lol. Got better use out of him in that. I thought he'd be a good replacement for us at safety but that never worked out.

As I said, I do really hope he's successful with you, I do like the Raiders a lot as well.

Allen coached him up when he was the DB coach at the Saints along with Tracy Porter. Maybe he and Tarver can get these guys to be average which as I said before, is better than what we had last year.

bionic77

Yes, but I'm playing it again on hard and I'm struggling.
There is a cheap way around it.

There is some DLC which lets you super level up all your characters. It is like 3 bucks.

I used it near the end to level up the kids quickly.

I got there without it but it can make the early parts a lot easier. I think the first couple chapters are the hardest. Especially if you are smart and pretty much ignore the fuck out of Frederick, who is the trap character.

I would not use the cheat if you can. So fucking satisfying to beat those levels AND get the new characters and items as well.

There is a cheap way around it.

There is some DLC which lets you super level up all your characters. It is like 3 bucks.

I used it near the end to level up the kids quickly.

I got there without it but it can make the early parts a lot easier. I think the first couple chapters are the hardest. Especially if you are smart and pretty much ignore the fuck out of Frederick, who is the trap character.

I would not use the cheat if you can. So fucking satisfying to beat those levels AND get the new characters and items as well.
No point in playing on Hard if you're just gonna cheese it like that. Gotta power through it!

squicken

Can you tell which owners are cheap and like players to play out their rookie deals?

bhdicc0cqaawq01vbuq4.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What is that chart supposed to be telling me? That the Oilers keep their players or that the new Oilers don't? Doesn't seem like either end of the spectrum is working.

squicken

What is that chart supposed to be telling me? That the Oilers keep their players or that the new Oilers don't? Doesn't seem like either end of the spectrum is working.

The % is misleading. Look at number of players. Denver has 4 picks left and Houston has 3. The Titans are the outlier, but Adams, Hunt, and Brown are the 3 of the 4 cheapest owners in the league. It plays a part in why the AFC has always been real top heavy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The % is misleading. Look at number of players. Denver has 4 picks left and Houston has 3. The Titans are the outlier, but Adams, Hunt, and Brown are the 3 of the 4 cheapest owners in the league. It plays a part in why the AFC has always been real top heavy

I think Bengals owner (Brown) may be a bit cheap, but Adams and Hunt are as frugal as any NFL owner.

Look at the deal that Adams gave to Chris Johnson or the deal the Chiefs gave Matt Cassel.

I think they're willing to spend the money but they haven't drafted the talent or made proper moves in free agency to spend money on players that are worth it.

If Jake Locker had impressed the past few seasons I have no doubt Adams would've given him a fat contract outside his rookie contract.

I wouldn't be too excited. lol. Dude gets blown on and he misses half the season. When he's in there he's getting beat over the top.

Maybe he catches on with you guys, I hope for your sake.

Really? According to PFF he's ranked 3rd best tackling and 11th in coverage among free safeties last year. With him and Branch I'd say we have a pretty good tandem, if he can stay healthy.

In any case, he's an upgrade for us over Matt Giordano who got injured on every play that he got beat on. Such a fucking bitch. And I'd even say Young > Huff at this point in their careers, though Huff played CB, and poorly last year.

Really? According to PFF he's ranked 3rd best tackling and 11th in coverage among free safeties last year. With him and Branch I'd say we have a pretty good tandem, if he can stay healthy.

In any case, he's an upgrade for us over Matt Giordano who got injured on every play that he got beat on. Such a fucking bitch. And I'd even say Young > Huff at this point in their careers, though Huff played CB, and poorly last year.

Don't blame huff for your coaching staff and front office suckin dick!

squicken

I think Bengals owner (Brown) may be a bit cheap, but Adams and Hunt are as frugal as any NFL owner.

Look at the deal that Adams gave to Chris Johnson or the deal the Chiefs gave Matt Cassel.

I think they're willing to spend the money but they haven't drafted the talent or made proper moves in free agency to spend money on players that are worth it.

If Jake Locker had impressed the past few seasons I have no doubt Adams would've given him a fat contract outside his rookie contract.

The Bengals are their own thing. Low rent and cheap in every way. Mike Brown won't ever spend more than a million over the salary floor on players, or ever hire more than whatever few scouts he has, or pay assistants top money

The thing is, the others are cheap like Al Davis. They will happily spend on players, but go cheap on coaches. Won't pay assistants good money. Go for inexperienced coaches b/c they are cheap. Won't fire bad coaches b/c they don't want to pay two coaches at once

They don't understand that it's a bad ROI to draft a player like Jake Locker, then turn him over to a coaching staff that can't help him get better

ChanHuk

Banned

He is not better than Huff, he's definitely a downgrade. Huff for all purposes is a good-great safety. Huff did make second team all pro one year.

Huff playing CB shows how horrible/thin our CBs were. Guy can't tackle worth shit but he's good at covering TEs.

Kiryu

I don't know anyone who dislike Brady Quinn but I really don't like Seahawks signing with Brady Quinn.
I would go with Seneca Wallace. ):

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They don't understand that it's a bad ROI to draft a player like Jake Locker, then turn him over to a coaching staff that can't help him get better

This is true. I loved Locker coming out of Washington, but I'm not sure coaching can help him at this point. If you have NFL talent most aspects of the game should come naturally. They haven't though for one reason or another.

One thing is for damn sure, and thats that the AFC conference as a whole is on a downward trajectory compared to the NFC. Look at those teams on the list you posted. How many of them have a franchise QB?

Peyton has what, one or two seasons left? Probably the same for Tom Brady. Ben may have a few years left but he has injury issues. Only the Colts have a QB to run their franchise for the next decade.

Compare that to the NFC where you have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Colin Kaep, Russel Wilson, RGIII etc. in the NFC.

The QB talent is in the NFC, therefore the talent is in the NFC.

He is not better than Huff, he's definitely a downgrade. Huff for all purposes is a good-great safety. Huff did make second team all pro one year.

Huff playing CB shows how horrible/thin our CBs were. Guy can't tackle worth shit but he's good at covering TEs.

That's why I said at this point in their careers. And a good to great safety would be able to tackle, which Huff clearly cannot.

This is true. I loved Locker coming out of Washington, but I'm not sure coaching can help him at this point. If you have NFL talent most aspects of the game should come naturally. They haven't though for one reason or another.

One thing is for damn sure, and thats that the AFC conference as a whole is on a downward trajectory compared to the NFC. Look at those teams on the list you posted. How many of them have a franchise QB?

Peyton has what, one or two seasons left? Probably the same for Tom Brady. Ben may have a few years left but he has injury issues. Only the Colts have a QB to run their franchise for the next decade.

Compare that to the NFC where you have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Colin Kaep, Russel Wilson, RGIII etc. are in the NFC.

stop making sense! NFC is a much better conference

ChanHuk

Banned
That's why I said at this point in their careers. And a good to great safety would be able to tackle, which Huff clearly cannot.

At this point in their careers Huff is still the better FS. People gave Huff a lot of shit for his play which for the most part was pretty good. Huff was cut because of his contract, otherwise he's a versatile FS that can play CB in emergency situations. The guy could play any spot in the backfield.

Hunter S.

At this point in their careers Huff is still the better FS. People gave Huff a lot of shit for his play which for the most part was pretty good. Huff was cut because of his contract, otherwise he's a versatile FS that can play CB in emergency situations. The guy could play any spot in the backfield.

That is because the rest of the backfield is high school level college ball thuggery. A man among boys is not much to brag about.

squicken

Compare that to the NFC where you have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Colin Kaep, Russel Wilson, RGIII etc. in the NFC.

Yep, but things can change so fast in the NFL. Two years ago the NFCW was a joke. If Boyd and Bridgewater end up in the AFC, they could turn around some teams pretty quickly. I do think there will always be a bottom tier in the AFC that won't be there in the NFC, just b/c bad ownership increases the degree of difficulty. The only two somewhat cheap NFC teams are the Bears and Cardinals, but they aren't as bad as the worst of the AFC.

He is a versatile guy, but he's 30 now and never had good instincts. He wasn't terrible last year but he wasn't good either, I think passers had an 92.3 rating going against him.

I think Young is a nice pickup and will fit nicely into Allen's scheme. At least we can agree that he will be an upgrade over Gio.

squicken

Richard Sherman says half the league, and all Seahawks, take Adderall

Adderall, a prescription stimulant used to treat attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity in adults — and kids, like those Richard spoke to on Tuesday — got him into trouble last year when both Sherman and Browner were suspended for using a substance on the NFL’s ban list. Browner didn’t appeal and sat out four games; Sherman appealed, based on errors in the chain of custody of his sample, including ones made by the tester, and got off.

“About half the league takes it (Adderall) and the league has to allow it,” Sherman said Tuesday. “The league made a mistake in my case. Obviously, I didn’t do anything, but you have to go through a process to prove you didn’t do anything. There are still naysayers out there who don’t believe me. But I accept it. If everybody loves you, it probably means you’re not much of a player.”

And no one is saying that about the ’Hawk who loves to talk.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...+Surrey+kids/8218973/story.html#ixzz2Q3s4Oy9D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom