• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the Steelers, I'd let him walk. They don't seem to have many issues in drafting WR talent in the later rounds, anyways.

Depends on the money, but it doesn't matter to me either way what they do. Though, if it's just a one year deal, I'm not sure they will be interested because then he's a FA at the end of the year anyway.

cdyhybrid

High blood pressure is one, even for people who don't have HBP. I had a friend who was prescribed it for adult ADHD and he said it made him feel out of control after just a week of taking it. My brother took it when he studied for tests and said it was a godsend, and that everyone he knew took the stuff as well

I feel like, if Richard Sherman is involved with something, then it's probably best for decent folk to avoid it

Sherman is an upstanding Stanford gentleman. Besides, the rest of the league are criminals and cheaters it seems. They just haven't been caught yet.

ChanHuk

Banned
Sherman is an upstanding Stanford gentleman. Besides, the rest of the league are criminals and cheaters it seems. They just haven't been caught yet.

Anybody raised in Compton is an upright citizen to the T.

Actually if he committed any batteries he'd be on the all-criminal Ravens team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does Adderall have nasty side effects? Cause these dudes make me wanna try it.

Last time I took it for an all nighter in college, I didn't sleep for like 3 days. Went to the doctor and apparently it caused a mild manic episode. It scared the crap out of me mostly because I know this guy who was up for 7 days while taking it (he continued to take multiple doses) and had a psychotic break. He's still not quite right in the head though he's a school teacher now so he has it together. It's crazy how different of a person he is before and after that!

Basically the stuff can do bad things if you're not "meant" to take it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Depends on the money, but it doesn't matter to me either way what they do. Though, if it's just a one year deal, I'm not sure they will be interested because then he's a FA at the end of the year anyway.

Send in Sanders as a mole to continue bringing down that organization from the inside. Re-sign him next year after the Steelers finish up their Frowny for Clowney campaign.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So do the Steelers let him walk? Are they in a rebuilding mode, or trying to restock and contend?

I doubt they'd go into rebuild mode with the Rapist still there. Otherwise they'd have to consider dealing him out for picks kind of like how the Chargers should with Rivers if they rebuild.

I suppose Rooney nearly did deal Ben out when he got suspended!

Ed Werder expects the Steelers to match:

Ed Werder
@Edwerderespn

Expect Steelers to match Patriots offer sheet and retain WR Emmanual Sanders. He's vital after loss of Mike Wallace and offer easy to match

Cards update:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 37s

Cardinals sign Chilo Rachal

Talon

Teams with elite QBs in this league don't rebuild, they retool.

In fact, rebuilding shouldn't be even used as a term because it's not like the Browns or Raiders have anything in the past decade to build back to.

Draxal

Teams with elite QBs in this league don't rebuild, they retool.

In fact, rebuilding shouldn't be even used as a term because it's not like the Browns or Raiders have anything in the past decade to build back to.

Ayup, that's why I wouldn't mind the Giants chumping it up for one year, Ravens did it around 2007, and it helped them with their 2008 draft (the Flacco/Rice draft).

squicken

I doubt they'd go into rebuild mode with the Rapist still there. Otherwise they'd have to consider dealing him out for picks kind of like how the Chargers should with Rivers if they rebuild.

I suppose Rooney nearly did deal Ben out when he got suspended!

I've mentioned before that I'm not sure Ben will age as well as Brady and Manning. He has taken so much punishment to his legs over his career. He was moving pretty poorly last year, even when he was "healthy". He showed early that he's got the chops to be a pocket passer, I'm just worried he'll start getting weird non-contact or practice injuries. What do you do if your top 5 QB misses three games every year and isn't healthy for the playoffs?

Milchjon

Disgust that the Pats have to depend on the health of Edelman, Amendola, Gronk and Hernandez.

011313pats001.JPG
Pictured: Brady (r), his spontaneously combusting receiving corps (l).

Talon

I'm with you, I'd worry about Roethlisberger going forward. He may be a lard ass, but his game is really reliant on buying time and letting his guys get open. If he loses the ability, I don't think he's a guy that can only play in the pocket. Not exactly the dart thrower that Brady and Manning are.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've mentioned before that I'm not sure Ben will age as well as Brady and Manning. He has taken so much punishment to his legs over his career. He was moving pretty poorly last year, even when he was "healthy". He showed early that he's got the chops to be a pocket passer, I'm just worried he'll start getting weird non-contact or practice injuries. What do you do if your top 5 QB misses three games every year and isn't healthy for the playoffs?

I'm with you, I'd worry about Roethlisberger going forward. He may be a lard ass, but his game is really reliant on buying time and letting his guys get open. If he loses the ability, I don't think he's a guy that can only play in the pocket. Not exactly the dart thrower that Brady and Manning are.

AFC North ripe for the taking.

I dream of a day the Browns reclaim the throne as rightful Kings of the North.

Hunter S.

Yeah, as his legs get worse he will no longer be able to escape the pocket and make insane passes under pressure he sickingly seems to thrive under on third
Code:
downs. His longevity will probably a lot shorter than Papa Peyton and PMS crazy Brady.

Draxal

Anthony Davis on Greg Schiano

http://snyrutgers.com/rutgers/football/anthony-davis-says-greg-schiano-didnt-do-s/#more-6139

Schiano didn't do s***," Davis told NFL Draft Bible. "He like, breaks your confidence down. That's his idea of molding guys, by breaking their confidence down. But really, without confidence, you've got a s*** team. And I feel like, what he's doing, I thought it was because I was young and I just didn't appreciate what he was doing, but now that I'm a little older, I just realize that his plan is not working. And I think he's going to start finding that out soon enough."

I think he gets a couple years in Tampa, before the team totally turns against him. That stuff can work in college, but it doesn't work in the pros.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
AFC North ripe for the taking.

I dream of a day the Browns reclaim the throne as rightful Kings of the North.

It's been 25 years since then....I'm pretty sure that the other teams have squatters rights at this point.

I mean, the LIONS have won the NFC North/Central more recently than the Browns have won their division.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Screw you guys man.

Refuse to even let the Browns even have a second of happiness.

Racists! RACIST EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

Brinbe

Anthony Davis on Greg Schiano

http://snyrutgers.com/rutgers/football/anthony-davis-says-greg-schiano-didnt-do-s/#more-6139

I think he gets a couple years in Tampa, before the team totally turns against him. That stuff can work in college, but it doesn't work in the pros.

Jeez, they hired some real winners at Rutgers.

And fuck, this wait for the draft is too long. We still have a few weeks of waiting left till that and then there's an even longer dead period till TC/exhibition season starts up. Blah, thinking I might head down to NY for day 1/2 of the draft. It was good fun when I went a few years ago (The Bradford/Suh draft) and the Eagles haven't picked this high in a while.

Draxal

Jeez, they hired some real winners at Rutgers.

And fuck, this wait for the draft is too long. We still have a few weeks of waiting left till that and then there's an even longer dead period till TC/exhibition season starts up. Blah, thinking I might head down to NY for day 1/2 of the draft. It was good fun when I went a few years ago (The Bradford/Suh draft) and the Eagles haven't picked this high in a while.

Rice, is a complete hot head but some of the players actually like him. Schiano is a much more controlled subdued sort of control freak, as he learned from his mentor, Bill Belicheck.

State with the highest number of P.h.D.'s per capita, bitches.

Pretty much only reason Barchi's still here, because of Pharma Pharma Pharma (the UMDNJ merger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom