• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

RIP Xbox if they actually try to do a Franken-console. Sounds very 32Xish.

The way I understand it:

Durango: new console, plays games without requiring an online connection

Stingray: ad on device which allows IPTV type features and backwards compatability with 360 games

I would be ok with that

I'm with you, I'd worry about Roethlisberger going forward. He may be a lard ass, but his game is really reliant on buying time and letting his guys get open. If he loses the ability, I don't think he's a guy that can only play in the pocket. Not exactly the dart thrower that Brady and Manning are.

I'm not worried.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_active.htm

AFC North ripe for the taking.

I dream of a day the Browns reclaim the throne as rightful Kings of the North.

Kind of hard to reclaim something you never had.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The way I understand it:

Durango: new console, plays games without requiring an online connection

Stingray: ad on device which allows IPTV type features and backwards compatability with 360 games

I would be ok with that

It seems a little weird that they couldn't figure out a way to utilize the old 360 as an add-on. Maybe they did?

squicken

So no need for an online connection to play 720 games, just 360 games and all the entertainment stuff? All that needless hubbub

MechDX

So no need for an online connection to play 720 games, just 360 games and all the entertainment stuff? All that needless hubbub

Actually kind of brilliant on MS part.

Get the hardcore crowd with the new console but leave the carrot dangling for that BC and hope they bite.

squicken

LZ saying Patterson could fall out of the first round. Bombing interviews and learning issues, which sounds like he can't do anything on the whiteboard and is Forrest Gump stupid

cdyhybrid

What Durango rumors? I'm scared of going to the gaming side for fear of getting snes'd

I clicked on a thread about Sessler's take on Metacritic because I was genuinely interested in what he thought. I made the mistake of reading the posts in the thread, though. Gaming side is bananas.

MechDX

What Durango rumors? I'm scared of going to the gaming side for fear of getting snes'd

Two new devices from MS. One is a new console that works without an online connection the other being an ad on that will allow BC with 360 games and IPTV type functions.

MechDX

What the fuck? An add on device to watch Netflix and play 360?

This guy puts it together nicely:

My understanding of the devices;

XBOX360 Mini device
- No disc drive, so it's essentially useless as a standalone XBOX for gaming, but good for TV functionality alone
- Requires an internet connection to function
- Access to the XBL marketplace and whatnot
- Will share some features of the Durango TV (IPTV) functionality (to combat Apple TV)
- Required to play 360 games, when connected with the durango

Durango
- The new 'new' XBOX
- Plays Durango games etc, uses Kinect functionality
- Will not play 360 games, you must hook up the Mini device once you insert a 360 disk to play (you put the 360 disc in the Durango disc tray, but it runs only when connected with the Mini)
- Requires an internet connection for TV functionality
- Plays used games
- Plays offline games

the mini unit is a stand alone device like an Apple TV box but it also adds BC to the Durango.

Are the Pats suddenly getting scared or is he actually that good?

Nice route runner, decent blocker, good between the 20s, pretty good return guy. Not a significant redzone threat, sometimes has injury issues, when pressed with more playing time had some fumbles. At 4 million, Steelers not really able to match cause Colon's salary cap savings doesn't kick in until June. They could restructure somebody or cut somebody else to match, though I doubt it.

That actually sounds brilliant from MS. I take my 360 with me to my brothers place a lot so I would love to have a super small 360, and having it connect to the 720 for BC is a great idea. I would much rather pay a 1 time fee for BC, rather then have Sony resell me all the PSN/PS3 games I want to play on my PS4. It is interesting that 3 different site got the same rumor today, I guess MS got sick of all the negativity.

MechDX

Every new xbox rumor makes it sound worse. Now I have to buy 2 consoles? Fuck that.

What is stopping you from just keeping your 360? Maybe they will release a FW update for 360 that will allow it to be the new mini device. The mini being a stand aone device as well allows MS to enter the Roku/Apple TV arena at the same time but have a feature to try and lure in the hardcore crowd.

Lots of variables still at play here.

Colasante

I was hoping the Patriots would reconsider signing Emmanuel Sanders and keep their 3rd round pick. If Cordarrelle Patterson and Keenan Allen are considered 2nd round players, then there are going to be some damn good players in the 3rd.

Milchjon

I somehow get the feeling that MS would enjoy it if video games just upped and died so they could concentrate on their wars with Apple and Google.

Gaming and their space in the living room is kinda the only ace they have left up their sleeve, if you accept the theory that integration of services across devices is the strategy of those three...

Would be foolish to gamble away that goodwill too.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My point is that MS needs to come out and say something. Anything. Even if it's just to announce their announcement, it'll slow this ridiculousness.

MechDX

My point is that MS needs to come out and say something. Anything. Even if it's just to announce their announcement, it'll slow this ridiculousness.

Why? they are spending nothing on these "leaks" and look at all the press they are getting for free. It will just make more people pay attention at E3

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Using my crystal ball I predict that Microsoft drops that BC 360 add-on thingy like Jermichael Finley drops a pass after about 2 years.

squicken

Offer sheet is for $2.5m and 1yr. Weird move by Pats. Possible one year rental for a 3rd?

edit: ah Jason Cole says buzz is Pats already have long term deal in place, but this is just to get PIT to pass

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo 1m
Emmanuel Sanders deal is 1 year, $2.5 mill. Many believe its a clever ploy by NE, which likely has long-term deal worked out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom