• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
I think we now know where the Gata lives...

ilBhaCfbMZAQN.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So you gotta go with 1 QB from this class to lead your team for the next 7 or so year. Who is your choice?

A very unenthusiastic vote for Matt Barkley. It used to be Tyler Wilson for me but the footwork Gruden pointed out in QB camp really deflated the little hype I had for him.

squicken

Also very unenthusiastic vote for Barkley. Only guy who could challenge that would be Matt Scott, but I'm not sure that snap throwing motion he has will ever be good enough. I sort of feel like Barkely can learn what he isn't capable of doing. Could see his upside as Alex Smith

A bullet in the head.

Funny you say that b/c a guy from NFLN was saying that whenever he mocks Geno or Teo to a team, the fans of those teams go nuts and curse him out. These guys all have such bad press. Usually a top QB comes in with a lot of rope. A QB going early will start with the fans against him

So you gotta go with 1 QB from this class to lead your team for the next 7 or so year. Who is your choice?

I'd take a chance with Tyler Bray. Dude has a cannon. If he can get more accurate and grow up, I think he'll be better than all the others of this class.

@Oakland Raiders Fans, Now you Happy?

Eh, just someone to come in and compete for 2nd or 3rd string. Probably paid him in beer and condoms.

Kiryu

I'd take a chance with Tyler Bray. Dude has a cannon. If he can get more accurate and grow up, I think he'll be better than all the others of this class.

Eh, just someone to come in and compete for 2nd or 3rd string. Probably paid him in beer and condoms.
Come on. McFadden is injury prone player.

Come on. McFadden is injury prone player.

Yeah, there's no doubt he'll go down, but we'll probably bring in 1 or 2 other RBs probably some rookies to compete, plus we have Jeremy Stewart who played alright and Marcel Reece who stepped in last year and was awesome.

Unless you're talking about possibly trading DMC, which I wouldn't really have a problem with.

But yeah, Jennings will have to compete and earn a job, no doubt about that. I don't remember him playing too well in Jacksonville, but Olson probably knows him and is willing to give him a shot.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
A few teams are still mulling decision on RFA WR Danario Alexander. Feeling is Chargers would match anything reasonable. Browns are a team to keep an eye on.
I'd love to get him, he's one of the guys I wanted at the start of FA.

Also David Nelson on one of the reasons he picked the Browns
chose Cleveland partly because Mike Lombardi himself contacted him, talked to him about his rehab, workouts, personality, etc. (As opposed to a lower level player personnel guy)
Lombardi magic!

Anyone see Path to draft tonight? I heard they we're predicting a Browns trade and someone else said somthing about a sheard trade too (even though this is probabaly all just speculations)?

squicken

Anyone see Path to draft tonight? I heard they we're predicting a Browns trade and someone else said somthing about a sheard trade too (even though this is probabaly all just speculations)?

They weren't really predicting anything, just nothing to talk about so they had "most likely to move" type stuff. If Fisher or Jockel are somehow there at 6, or even Lane Johnson maybe, CLE will be in a good spot

They weren't really predicting anything, just nothing to talk about so they had "most likely to move" type stuff. If Fisher or Jockel are somehow there at 6, or even Lane Johnson maybe, CLE will be in a good spot
Squicken, I've been waiting for you. I knew you'd be the one to answer my question. But yeah I figured haha.

squicken

That's a very interesting thought. His biggest issues seem off the field, but then that has sunk lots of QBs. You can kind of let guys at other positions grow up a little bit, but besides Big Ben, I'm not sure where it's ever really worked out well at QB

Wes

venison crêpe
If I had to pick a QB I'd pick from one of two:

1) Landry Jones, Oklahoma. I have faith in the metric!
2) Matt Scott, Arizona. seems like a nice developmental project.

If I had to pick a QB I'd pick from one of two:

1) Landry Jones, Oklahoma. I have faith in the metric!
2) Matt Scott, Arizona. seems like a nice developmental project.
wow You're the first person I've seen say they want jones......and I think I might hate you for it.
For me it's EJ or Scott.

squicken

Eerily similar careers

bhjp1qycuaadp74w2acc.jpg

bhjrxdzcqaeu7qih9xg2.jpg

Lots of people like Tyler Wilson. I just didn't see enough of him under Petrino, but the problem there is that all Petrino QBs look good.

As afar as Landry, I watched nearly every one of his games. Whereas Wilson will stand in the pocket at deliver knowing he will get hit, the thought of that terrifies Jones. He just breaks down when there's pressure. Very poor pocket presence. I just think that's something that cannot be taught. I'm also not sure how much he loves football. big arm and makes all the throw. Browns are the perfect team to take a chance on him in the 4th or 5th round

squicken

Double post but whatever Richard Sherman is backtracking and lying saying he has never taken Adderall

“I didn’t say that,” Sherman said. “It’s just another case of these writers trying to gain a little notoriety in an interview. What I said was, There’s a bunch of guys in the league on prescription for Adderall, so what — you know, I’ve never seen people get prescribed a performance-enhancing drug, you know what I mean? So I don’t understand, you know, what everybody is so — you know, they go so crazy about it when some of these guys test positive for it, but a bunch of guys have prescriptions for it, so it’s, like, you know, kind of misleading.”

So where did the “half the league takes it” quote come from? Sherman said he didn’t say that.

“I didn’t say half, I said a bunch of guys, and then he went with whatever he went with, but that’s the way I put it,” Sherman said.

Sherman said he hasn’t used Adderall and isn’t sure why anyone would use it as a performance enhancer.

“I’m not sure. I’ve never taken it,” Sherman said. “So I’m not sure. From what I’ve learned from this whole case and everything, it somehow, like, slows, slows it down, for people that are sped up, like, ADHD, apparently the guys are too sped up, and, you know, there are breaks in their attention, that the Adderall kind of bridges the breaks in their attention and allows them to stay focused on one thing at a time.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...i-was-misquoted-and-ive-never-taken-adderall/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom