• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hyper remix!

tumblr_mg9or8XwXr1rgmgpoo1_400.gif

It never stops being funny.

brentech

that golf cart gif always gets me. so fucking good. I feel bad for laughing at it, but I assume no one was seriously hurt. I always thought the guy riding like it's a lazy boy was sitting like that from the get go, but the fact that he gets hit and just ends up like that and immediately has his hands on the steering wheel makes me bust a gut.

That and the fact that he bails out like a bitch instead of hitting the brake. Way to be a hero, asshole.

Duxxy3

Dennard sentence

Won't happen

"The jail sentence is set to begin next March. Dennard attorney Terry Dougherty said he would ask Lancaster County District Judge Stephanie Stacy to suspend the jail sentence if Dennard complies with the terms of his probation over the next 11 months. Stacy said she would consider such a motion at that time."

taken from yahoo article

He won't serve a single day in jail. It is why the sentence was pushed out a full year.

Browns update:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Chip Kelly keeps remaking roster: Eagles traded RB Dion Lewis to Browns for LB Emmanuel Acho.
Damn the feud is already over :/.
I like the pickup. thought we might draft somebody at rb, but probably not anymore.
Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 47s
Browns like Dion Lewis (5-8, 195) as scatback. Richardson (5-9, 230), Hardesty (6-0, 225), Ogbonnaya (6-0, 225) can't zig-zag like Lewis.

mr2xxx

Banned
So the draft has

-no first round QBs
-no first round RBs
-no first round DEs
-Tavon Austin and a bunch of 2nd rounders at WR

Seattle was so smart trading for Harvin. That pick they gave up is like 50 in a regular draft

Dont forget LB too. There is Dion Jordan then you have LBers like Ogltrees with off field issues, manti te'o and his issues, and Jarvis Jones with health issues on top of his poor pro day performance.

Te'o will be visiting with the Dolphins. Seems like a waste of time to me, I can't imagine a scenario where it makes sense to draft him. The Dolphins just picked up two starting LB's in free agency and Te'o would be a huge stretch with the twelfth pick anyway. I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about, right guys?

Right guys!?

Te'o will be visiting with the Dolphins. Seems like a waste of time to me, I can't imagine a scenario where it makes sense to draft him. The Dolphins just picked up two starting LB's in free agency and Te'o would be a huge stretch with the twelfth pick anyway. I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about, right guys?

Right guys!?
Do the Dolphins only have a first round pick this year?;)

Nothing precludes picking him up in the second round, does it? Seems like a good spot to grab him if he's of interest to the team. Despite all of the making fun and joking we've done, I think plenty of us have maintained that he would likely be a good pick up somewhere in the second round.

Draxal

So what teams are going to trade up to 32/31 to draft a qb (do the 5 v 4 year rookie contracts)?

I'm pretty sure the Bills are, any other candidates?

Do the Dolphins only have a first round pick this year?;)

Nothing precludes picking him up in the second round, does it? Seems like a good spot to grab him if he's of interest to the team. Despite all of the making fun and joking we've done, I think plenty of us have maintained that he would likely be a good pick up somewhere in the second round.
Yeah, if he drops to 42 (or 54) I guess it wouldn't be too bad of a pick. Still, they have quite a few needs and I can't imagine LB being too high on the list of priorities.

But hey, I'm sure Ireland's got this under control. Heh.

cdyhybrid

Really surprised Lacy is tumbling like this. After watching him at Bama I thought he'd make a great pro if he could overcome his injury concerns. Now it seems like he just doesn't care.

Really surprised Lacy is tumbling like this. After watching him at Bama I thought he'd make a great pro if he could overcome his injury concerns. Now it seems like he just doesn't care.
Isn't he coming off of an injury? I believe he skipped the combine because of it, no? (

EDIT: Yeah, he had a tear in his hamstring he is coming off of. Not that it excuses the workout. Just saying. If the workout is enough to drop him to the later rounds, you take a flier on him, IMO. Why not?

Draxal

Bama's line was just way too good, 3 lineman that can be drafted in the first round in Fluker, Warmack, Jones.

Dragon

Banned
I'll probably wait for the inevitable Steam release.

Sony doesn't have a dog with Steam so I can't imagine they'd object to its release there.

I would (since it'll be the best version) but doing all the traveling I'm doing I prefer the Vita release.

squicken

Isn't he coming off of an injury? I believe he skipped the combine because of it, no? (

EDIT: Yeah, he had a tear in his hamstring he is coming off of. Not that it excuses the workout. Just saying. If the workout is enough to drop him to the later rounds, you take a flier on him, IMO. Why not?

Would be fine with Rams taking him at 46. Not where he was being mocked to them at 22

Colasante

Dont forget LB too. There is Dion Jordan then you have LBers like Ogltrees with off field issues, manti te'o and his issues, and Jarvis Jones with health issues on top of his poor pro day performance.

Ogletree is definitely a first round talent. Even with his DUI there is no way he should make it to the 2nd round.

WedgeX

Banned
Akers will already be facing kicking competition in Detroit.

mlive said:
The Detroit Lions have added a second place kicker to the roster in the wake of Jason Hanson's retirement, signing internet sensation Havard Rugland.

Rugland, who is from Norway, goes by the nickname Kickalicious. A YouTube video showing him doing a series of impressive trick kicks has generated nearly 3 million views.

At 6-foot-2, 245 pounds, Rugland is massive for a kicker. As his highlight tape shows, he has plenty of power in his leg, knocking down a 60-yard attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom