• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just realized we get the NFL schedule next week.

Hoping that Browns in Green Bay game isn't in December or I'm gonna freeze. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going with my friend no matter what. Just hoping its not ridiculous cold is all.

I just would not want to deal with the cold to go with the pouting she'll do when my Browns shock the world!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tony Pauline on Cooper/Warmack and how some NFL sources see them. Also mentions that the Giants would take Warmack if he slides and that DJ Fluker is one of their early targets.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6916

HURRY UP DRAFT!

Giants can't make up their mind for shit. "

Warmack isn't versatile enough for our system. But if he's there, we'll pick him, as he's a great fit for us!"

KaYotiX

Banned
I just realized we get the NFL schedule next week.

Hoping that Browns in Green Bay game isn't in December or I'm gonna freeze. :(

those games are an amazing experience.

Wife and I are going to the Packers/Cowboys game in Dallas :) Should be fun with her as a huge Cowboys fan :) We always get comments from ppl when im all decked out in green/gold and her in blue/silver.

Warmack isn't versatile enough for our system. But if he's there, we'll pick him, as he's a great fit for us!"
Yep, Reese is generally indecisive as hell when draft day comes along.

They'll grab Geno Smith with the 19th pick!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
those games are an amazing experience.

Wife and I are going to the Packers/Cowboys game in Dallas :) Should be fun with her as a huge Cowboys fan :) We always get comments from ppl when im all decked out in green/gold and her in blue/silver.

I'm tempted to go in Browns gear but I'm not sure if I will be lynched or not based on the "stories" you guys come up with. :jnc

Also doesn't help that I'm one of dem coloured folk.

cdyhybrid

I'm tempted to go in Browns gear but I'm not sure if I will be lynched or not based on the "stories" you guys come up with. :jnc

Also doesn't help that I'm one of dem coloured folk.

I don't think you'll actually have any problems. You might be the only black guy in the stadium that's not on the field, but from what I've heard the Packer fans (the ones that actually live in GB, not the pink hatters that you find at road games) are great. You might even get some free beer and brats!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-unload-a-quarterback-as-part-of-revis-trade/

If/when the Jets ship cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers, another current member of the roster could be making the trip to Tampa, too.

While poking around the question of whether the Jets could be trying to include quarterback-of-all-trades Tim Tebow in the package (which would keep the Jets from cutting Tebow and seeing him sign with the Patriots), we tripped over a previously unknown nugget. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

oh my god yes. tampa pls.

squicken

haha beaten. Yeah that would be interesting if they get TB to take on his money. So who would start for the Jets? Garrard can't even survive training camp

cdyhybrid

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-unload-a-quarterback-as-part-of-revis-trade/

If/when the Jets ship cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers, another current member of the roster could be making the trip to Tampa, too.

While poking around the question of whether the Jets could be trying to include quarterback-of-all-trades Tim Tebow in the package (which would keep the Jets from cutting Tebow and seeing him sign with the Patriots), we tripped over a previously unknown nugget. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Buttfumble and Freeman on the same team?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dont leave sanchez

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

:snes :snes :snes

haha beaten. Yeah that would be interesting if they get TB to take on his money. So who would start for the Jets? Garrard can't even survive training camp
Hell, who cares. Offloading his bloated contract and cutting ties would be a massive first step to righting the Jets. They can put someone in there to get them through the season and look at getting a new prospect in there in 2014 if it works out. May work out for their GM as a shit season could spell the end for Rex as well.

WedgeX

Banned

The Jest are going to hold onto Tebow forever, aren't they?

Buttfumble and Freeman on the same team?!

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"Can he make chile verde?"

squicken

It will be even better when Tebow beats out Tammy for the starting job.

Belichick, as he likes to do, will try and steal Tebow's wife. Only Tebow is married to God, so Belichick will end up in the warm embrace of God's love, turning his surveillance skills from good to evil

Draxal

They do prefer versatile offensive lineman in general, but Snee's pretty much close to done with his cap numbers and they need to replace him soon, they try to plug in general but I Think they want to have one stud olineman. This is pretty much against the grain in where they have drafted lineman before though since they drafted Snee originally and haven't drafted a lineman this high since Petitgout.

I desperately want Warmack on the Giants btw, Giants oline is in desperate need for brute force; but I could see them passing on him just as easily, and it does show that some teams do like Cooper a ton.

squicken

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
I'm not disputing @ProFootballTalk's report (just like Mathieu isn't disputing @JarrettBell's story btw!!), just TB doesn't want Sanchez.

cdyhybrid

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
I'm not disputing @ProFootballTalk's report (just like Mathieu isn't disputing @JarrettBell's story btw!!), just TB doesn't want Sanchez.

They want Revis though. The question is do they want Revis enough to take Sanchez (if that is indeed part of the deal)?

Meier

WalterFootball has us taking a TE at 13. My god, I hope that doesn't happen. You need to be a once in a decade prospect to go that high as a TE IMO. Sign some former basketball guy who decided to give it a shot in the 4th or 5th round.

The concept of us getting Sanchize is disgusting but if we somehow get Revis out of the deal, I could deal with it.

bionic77

I don't think I'd have the same animosity for a Brady-less Patriots. Doubly so when Belichick is gone.
Like with all things, the Patriots were not always evil.

And they will not always be evil. The black stain that Bill and Tammy have put on the hearts of Pats fan may forever be there, but once the motherfucker and eunuch are gone the franchise will have the opportunity to be good again.

Like with all things, the Patriots were not always evil.

And they will not always be evil. The black stain that Bill and Tammy have put on the hearts of Pats fan may forever be there, but once the motherfucker and eunuch are gone the franchise will have the opportunity to be good again.
The Pats and Jets are firmly locked in a perpetual state of evilness. Even Tebow couldn't save them.

cdyhybrid

WalterFootball has us taking a TE at 13. My god, I hope that doesn't happen. You need to be a once in a decade prospect to go that high as a TE IMO. Sign some former basketball guy who decided to give it a shot in the 4th or 5th round.

The concept of us getting Sanchize is disgusting but if we somehow get Revis out of the deal, I could deal with it.

TE will go at 13 or higher next year.

effzee

Wait what this makes no sense whatsoever. Why in the world would Tampa take Sanchez, his contract, and the distraction that would provide? Sure not the same level as acquiring a Tebow but Freeman hasn't convinced anyone of his play yet and acquiring Sanchez would just cause problems.

Plus that salary. This might be the dumbest rumor out there.

So Mathieu failed more than 10 drug tests. Amazing.

Over his career at LSU or recently?

cdyhybrid

Wait what this makes no sense whatsoever. Why in the world would Tampa take Sanchez, his contract, and the distraction that would provide? Sure not the same level as acquiring a Tebow but Freeman hasn't convinced anyone of his play yet and acquiring Sanchez would just cause problems.

Plus that salary. This might be the dumbest rumor out there.

Over his career at LSU or recently?

Sanchez is clearly worse than Fatman. I don't think there would be any controversy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They gave that 14 year old kid a penalty stroke for slow play? Racist, ageist, sexist Masters is gonna racist, ageist, sexist.

jakncoke

Banned
They gave that 14 year old kid a penalty stroke for slow play? Racist, ageist, sexist Masters is gonna racist, ageist, sexist.

Heard about that on the radio, first given since 2004. Apparently the dude who gives them out is a prick and warns players all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom