• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
But most of the contracts aren't risky is the point. We aren't selling the future of the team for short term success. Obviously, if they work out, it is indeed short term success, but not at the cost of future success.

it is at the "cost" of future success because these has-been FA's you signed are taking away playing time from possible home grown players. and harvin is going to be a disaster, you'll see. even just signing him as a FA for that kind of money would have been fucking stupid but giving up multiple picks for that!? thank god the seachickens coaching staff/front office is incompetent

cdyhybrid

it is at the "cost" of future success because these has-been FA's you signed are taking away playing time from possible home grown players. and harvin is going to be a disaster, you'll see. even just signing him as a FA for that kind of money would have been fucking stupid but giving up multiple picks for that!? thank god the seachickens coaching staff/front office is incompetent

This is the perfect year to trade a first unless you were in the top 5. When you draft All-Pros and Pro Bowlers on the third day of the draft, you can afford to trade a first in a draft like this.

Our home-grown players are already playing, that's why we had the cap space to sign these guys - a lot of our players are still on rookie contracts.

And Harvin will be fine. Russell and Pete will keep him in line.

Really don't think you can keep a guy like Harvin in line.

The Vikings were in cruise control to the NFC Championship game and they couldn't control him, what chance do the Seahawks have?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
With the exception of Cam, I think this draft in on par with 2011, in terms of qbs. Lots of potential, but no one with the total package. Then 4 get drafted in the first 12 picks.

cdyhybrid

Really don't think you can keep a guy like Harvin in line.

The Vikings were in cruise control to the NFC Championship game and they couldn't control him, what chance do the Seahawks have?

I have no reason not to trust Pete. He has had malcontents on his roster in the past and there haven't been any issues.

Here's the front right hand side of my CX-5 after the wife got done with it this morning.

iCyNway73fZjm.JPG

As bad as it looks, it doesn't look like the frame was damaged and it's still driveable (engine sounds perfect). No leaks at all outside of the windshied wiper fluid tank hanging out of the side. Insurance folks are coming on Monday to tow it (despite the fact that I can, I don't want to drive this on the highway) to the repair/body shop and get an estimate on the repairs. This sucks.:(

cdyhybrid

Harvin has had recorded problems with his high school and college coaches. What make Pete so special?

He's a coach that ran an elite program on the biggest stage in college and is now at the head of a contender in the NFL. Those guys aren't.

Yeesh FV, that looks nasty. Glad it isn't as bad as it looks and everyone's alright.

Godslay

Banned
squicken is just in the hate period of his love-hate-relationship with the Seahawks and Niners.

It's the circle, the circle of squickening.

Here's the front right hand side of my CX-5 after the wife got done with it this morning.

As bad as it looks, it doesn't look like the frame was damaged and it's still driveable (engine sounds perfect). No leaks at all outside of the windshied wiper fluid tank handing out of the side. Insurance folks are coming on Monday to tow it (despite the fact that I can, I don't want to drive this on the highway) to the repair/body shop and get an estimate on the repairs. This sucks.:(

Didn't your wife wreck another car not too far back? Or was that someone else?

He's a coach that ran an elite program on the biggest stage in college and is now at the head of a contender in the NFL. Those guys aren't.

Urban Meyer doesn't count?

As bad as it looks, it doesn't look like the frame was damaged and it's still driveable (engine sounds perfect). No leaks at all outside of the windshied wiper fluid tank handing out of the side. Insurance folks are coming on Monday to tow it (despite the fact that I can, I don't want to drive this on the highway) to the repair/body shop and get an estimate on the repairs. This sucks.:(
Sorry to hear it man, that sounds rough.

Cops would stop you if you drove that on the road in that condition anyway.

k

cdyhybrid

Urban Meyer doesn't count?

Riding Tebow's coattails doesn't make you a good coach!

I guess I'm just not sure what you want me to say exactly. I don't think I have any reason to worry. I'm not saying it can't go south, I'm just not going to assume that it is. I get more than my share of pessimism with the baseball team, I'd like to be positive for once :p

If it starts getting sour I'll worry then.

Riding Tebow's coattails doesn't make you a good coach!

I guess I'm just not sure what you want me to say exactly. I don't think I have any reason to worry. I'm not saying it can't go south, I'm just not going to assume that it is. I get more than my share of pessimism with the baseball team, I'd like to be positive for once :p

If it starts getting sour I'll worry then.

I'm not really expecting anything because you've made it clear that your optimism is trumping everything else. I understand that, but let's be real: Harvin has proved that he thinks his talent will allow him to do what he wants. I brought up the Vikings because for all intents and purposes they were a championship caliber team and that still wouldn't quell his dickishness. That is the ace a lot of coaches play, so what will Pete do different?

Perhaps Harvin is at that age where he's tired of fighting. If he isn't, though, I don't think there's a damn thing Carroll will be able to do to stop it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

As bad as it looks, it doesn't look like the frame was damaged and it's still driveable (engine sounds perfect). No leaks at all outside of the windshied wiper fluid tank hanging out of the side. Insurance folks are coming on Monday to tow it (despite the fact that I can, I don't want to drive this on the highway) to the repair/body shop and get an estimate on the repairs. This sucks.:(

There's a reason they used to make cars out of steel. Or did she hit that pole at 30 mph?

Any of you have Spotify Pro or whatever the paid version is called?

Is it just as obtrusive and obnoxious when you pay for it?

Fucking popups and "suggestions" everywhere. Fuck off, ya wank.

Don't speak too quickly. Her continued existence is still debatable.

Just kidding!

I'm really not.

Of course I am!

:D

I don't know, you are a pretty mean guy. Especially towards Pats fans, I just hope your wife isn't one, because then you can seriously hurt her
feelings

She was zooming out of the parking lot at about 30-35, yeah.
Oh man, a parking lot? You've got your hands full there, buddy.

Any of you have Spotify Pro or whatever the paid version is called?

Is it just as obtrusive and obnoxious when you pay for it?

Fucking popups and "suggestions" everywhere. Fuck off, ya wank.
It's great, no ads and if there are suggestions I don't remember seeing them. I pretty much only use it on my phone when I'm driving and it's been wonderful for that.

cdyhybrid

I'm not really expecting anything because you've made it clear that your optimism is trumping everything else. I understand that, but let's be real: Harvin has proved that he thinks his talent will allow him to do what he wants. I brought up the Vikings because for all intents and purposes they were a championship caliber team and that still wouldn't quell his dickishness. That is the ace a lot of coaches play, so what will Pete do different?

Perhaps Harvin is at that age where he's tired of fighting. If he isn't, though, I don't think there's a damn thing Carroll will be able to do to stop it.

You could be right. But Pete and John have the track record so far that gives them the benefit of the doubt. That's all I'm saying. Percy is saying all the right things so far, which doesn't really mean anything, but there's no way to find out either way until the season starts.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
She was zooming out of the parking lot at about 30-35, yeah.

Sucks. Most insurance companies make things pretty painless nowadays, don't they? Maybe?

On that note, I think that painless insurance claims would be the best way to choose insurance, not who can save me $4/year.

You're mad bro. Let it out. We won't tell, honest.
:jnc I was for a good hour after the initial phone call. After that, what's the point?

Sucks. Most insurance companies make things pretty painless nowadays, don't they? Maybe?

On that note, I think that painless insurance claims would be the best way to choose insurance, not who can save me $4/year.
Yep. Progressives been great for us. The last claim for the Saturn got handled in about a week and a half from the initial call to getting the payout for the car being totaled to the bank.

For this, they picked up the tab for the rental and all of the repairs are covered. I just have to pay the deductible. They make it quite painless.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 20m
Tim Tebow says at his charity event per AP he'll show up for workouts Monday with a "great attitude." Those who guessed poor attitude: Nope!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s
The big news from this Tim Tebow charity event, per AP: He insists he's a QB no matter what. "It's always been my dream, always will be."

Hmm alright. Might subscribe then.

I don't know if they changed it by now, but do you still have to log in with your Facebook account? Just always remember to turn off the thingy that shows what you're listening to on your Facebook wall. Don't want your hipster buddies to know you listen to Nickelback.

Sidenote: Saw Oblivion tonight, kinda liked it. The IMAX effects made the movie a must see in the cinema, the audio blew me away.

I'm probably the kindest person to Pats fans in this thread!

Bradying.jpg

And I'm pretty sure that's because you secretly still love Bill.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 20m
Tim Tebow says at his charity event per AP he'll show up for workouts Monday with a "great attitude." Those who guessed poor attitude: Nope!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s
The big news from this Tim Tebow charity event, per AP: He insists he's a QB no matter what. "It's always been my dream, always will be."
Good for Tim.

I don't know if they changed it by now, but do you still have to log in with your Facebook account? Just always remember to turn off the thingy that shows what you're listening to on your Facebook wall. Don't want your hipster buddies to know you listen to Nickelback.
I login with my email. Fuck facebook.

Sidenote: Saw Oblivion tonight, kinda liked it. The IMAX effects made the movie a must see in the cinema, the audio blew me away.
That's out?

I'm so behind on movies.

;_;

MechDX

Earl Thomas ‏@Earl_Thomas 3m
Don't care what people say we have something to prove and it will show on Sundays ..lord willing...#nfl

Earl reads GAF confirmed!

Also Dolphins are SB locks, Tannehill is the best QB to enter the league in the last 30 years.

Let me tell you about Matthew Stafford :kas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom