• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

I don't really know how anyone could speak ill of the Seahawks' offseason. They have been killing it every step of the way. The only thing I could see as potentially hurting them was giving up a 1st for Percy Harvin, but I still think that trade was brilliant.

Godslay

Banned
Downloading on both platforms right now. Looking forward to digging in tonight.

Yeah, I think I might have to download it on the PS3. For some reason I can play the 3DS XL for hours on end without hand cramps, but can't do it on the Vita.

And just like the best metroidvanias, it keeps getting better as you unlock more powers. Really cool game.

I'm really enjoying it. I was planning on finishing up Luigi's Mansion this weekend, but I don't think I'll get to it since Guacamelee really sucks you in.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of gay, today I learned there is such a thing as Gay Games(olympic events) and it'll be in Cleveland next year. The more you know.

Speaking of gay, today I learned there is such a thing as Gay Games(olympic events) and it'll be in Cleveland next year. The more you know.

men-on-film-o.gif

Man alive, I spent five fucking hours in the local Honda dealership today. Drove away in a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES Hatchback. 87,000 miles, but I paid only $5,900. Aside from a broken hinge on the center armrest, the car is cherry. Flawless carfax, and the guy stayed local all seven years he owned it because all his service was done at the Ford dealer. I'll post pictures tomorrow since a black car is hard to photograph at night.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Man alive, I spent five fucking hours in the local Honda dealership today. Drove away in a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES Hatchback. 87,000 miles, but I paid only $5,900. Aside from a broken hinge on the center armrest, the car is cherry. Flawless carfax, and the guy stayed local all seven years he owned it because all his service was done at the Ford dealer. I'll post pictures tomorrow since a black car is hard to photograph at night.

5 hours for a $5900 sale. I'm surprised the salesman didn't punch you.

5 hours for a $5900 sale. I'm surprised the salesman didn't punch you.

I brought a friend of mine who used to work at that dealership and had him negotiate the price down from $7,777. The negotiations were over fairly quickly, about an hour, but I had to wait on the financial folk to get to me for the loan terms.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I brought a friend of mine who used to work at that dealership and had him negotiate the price down from $7,777. The negotiations were over fairly quickly, about an hour, but I had to wait on the financial folk to get to me for the loan terms.

Could I borrow your friend for a bit, I'm thinking about upgrading the truck.

squicken

Daniel Jeremiah reported that the consensus top CB, S, and TE are Milliner, Vacarro, and Eifert. Don't really see it with Vacarro. I see that he has good coverage skills, but he doesn't seem to do well when put in center field. I'd rather have Cyprien if that was what I need my safety to do

edit: Mularkey was on PFT's weekly show, and seemed to indicate he would have drafted TRich if he would have been in charge. Kind of says he didn't care much for MJD or Blackmon

Last day of work in the books. My goodbye card from everyone was littered with "Ravens suck"s. Pretty bittersweet; This job afforded lots of GAF time, not sure if the new one will.

Now tell me why the fuck I didn't take any time off before starting Monday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Last day of work in the books. My goodbye card from everyone was littered with "Ravens suck"s. Pretty bittersweet; This job afforded lots of GAF time, not sure if the new one will.

Holy crap, you're starting a new job after only a weekend including a move? Should have taken a week off.

Fantomex

Here's the front right hand side of my CX-5 after the wife got done with it this morning.

As bad as it looks, it doesn't look like the frame was damaged and it's still driveable (engine sounds perfect). No leaks at all outside of the windshied wiper fluid tank hanging out of the side. Insurance folks are coming on Monday to tow it (despite the fact that I can, I don't want to drive this on the highway) to the repair/body shop and get an estimate on the repairs. This sucks.:(

Car drama sucks Future. I hope it all gets taken care of by the insurance. But remember, you have to be a jerk. They will do everything to Joe Pesci you.

Godslay

Banned
Car drama sucks Future. I hope it all gets taken care of by the insurance. But remember, you have to be a jerk. They will do everything to Joe Pesci you.

Damn, haven't seen you in a long time. Maybe you have been here, I havent been posting nearly as much due to work.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't think you'll actually have any problems. You might be the only black guy in the stadium that's not on the field, but from what I've heard the Packer fans (the ones that actually live in GB, not the pink hatters that you find at road games) are great. You might even get some free beer and brats!

I am glad to hear this.

Maybe I will get to ride someone's tractor. :)

I've done that. It's pretty rough. I started a new job today after being unemployed since December. Time to catch up on some bills. Just wish I was paid more. Oh well, hopefully this will lead to something better. Good luck at your new job dude

squicken

Good luck B and good luck Larry with your new jobs!

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
2 reasons the Bucs likely wouldn't take Sanchez: 1. The organization doesn't like him. 2. Josh Freeman really doesn't like him.

squicken

Were people actually taking that Revis + Sanchez to the Bucs talk seriously? No way that happens.

The Jets want the #13 pick, which apparently the Bucs won't give up. So an alternative is the Bucs take Sanchez and his contract. Seems crazy by the Jets, but they aren't in a hurry. Or at least aren't acting like it. I get the sense that Woody hates Revis to the point that he'll make him play out the year out of spite

I don't think you'll actually have any problems. You might be the only black guy in the stadium that's not on the field, but from what I've heard the Packer fans (the ones that actually live in GB, not the pink hatters that you find at road games) are great. You might even get some free beer and brats!

In my experience (Only at the Silverdome and Ford Field), Packers fans are very nice people and will generally pat you on the back and say your time is coming as they run the score up. Don't let EZ or Bucket fool you Kave!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Good luck B and good luck Larry with your new jobs!

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
2 reasons the Bucs likely wouldn't take Sanchez: 1. The organization doesn't like him. 2. Josh Freeman really doesn't like him.

Freeman is just jealous about that time Sanchez ate a hotdog during a game.

In my experience (Only at the Silverdome and Ford Field), Packers fans are very nice people and will generally pat you on the back and say your time is coming as they run the score up. Don't let EZ or Bucket fool you Kave!

I went in 2011 when the Vikes got blown out.

The majority were really cool but there were some asshole hecklers and a belligerent drunk woman who vomited all over the row in front of her.

cdyhybrid

I went in 2011 when the Vikes got blown out.

The majority were really cool but there were some asshole hecklers and a belligerent drunk woman who vomited all over the row in front of her.

Sounds like a typical football game outside of places like Lincoln, Nebraska or something, haha.

ChanHuk

Banned
Kobe possible torn Achilles, doesn't look like he tore it, you can't walk if you tore it. But what do I know? BE OKAY KOBE!!!!!!11111

Slo

Such a dumb move. Got the sense MIN knew they miscalculated things. They cut him and then put the press on to sign him back. Why cut a good CB when you play GB twice?

Not upset by the move at all. Winfield has lost too much speed to play full time corner, and we've been begging him to move to safety for two years. Now that we've got Harrison Smith and since Jamarca Sanford played much better last year, the need isn't there from our end anymore.

I hope Antoine gets a ring in Seattle, he was a good Viking and he deserves it.

Fantomex

Seriously, grown men just about to commit suicide over this Kobe injury. I'm trying to be sympathetic, but I don't think at 13-15 I was this heartbroken when Mariono tore his ACL.

It's kinda entertaining though.

Fantomex

Damn, haven't seen you in a long time. Maybe you have been here, I havent been posting nearly as much due to work.

Nah man I took a hiatus. Had to work on my digital portfolio, hoping to get a better job. Nice to see all y'all, it was foretold that near the draft, "I would return"!

squicken

Not upset by the move at all. Winfield has lost too much speed to play full time corner, and we've been begging him to move to safety for two years. Now that we've got Harrison Smith and since Jamarca Sanford played much better last year, the need isn't there from our end anymore.

I hope Antoine gets a ring in Seattle, he was a good Viking and he deserves it.

Who is your slot corner? That's what they'll use him for in SEA. They had used Truffant last year, but he had gotten old and lost his quickness. They don't need long speed from Winfield, just the lateral movement to handle Crabtree and help with Kapernick

edit:

snesfreak ‏@snesfreak
@chuckddd You people.

Not amused at the taco jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom