• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Oh Rex, stop underselling yourself:

"(Offensive coordinator) Kyle Shanahan could not call (read-option plays) without laughing while he called it for me," Grossman told WTEM-AM on Wednesday.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing that.

squicken

bhujkb-ciaanz4gt3uo7.png

Just some updates I saw at walterfootballs draft rumors page
Edit: link if you want to see your specific teams rumors
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013rumorsteams.php
Per: Walterfootball
Chiefs/phins
April 12: "The Dolphins have Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher rated considerably higher than Lane Johnson. As such, the Dolphins don't appear to be all that interested in trading up for Johnson as has been speculated around the league in recent days, but are very keen to move up for either Joeckel or Fisher. In fact, according to sources the Dolphins won't rule out trading all the way up to the #1 pick to get one of those guys if that’s what it takes." - GBN Report

Eagles
April 12: The Houston Chronicle's Lance Zerlein on mocking Geno Smith to the Eagles: 'I was told to “plug Geno in here' by a league source and I usually listen when this guy speaks."

Jest
April 12: "I'm told if the New York Jets still need a pass rusher on the second day of the draft they are very high on Cornelius
Washington/OLB/Georgia." - Tony Pauline

Phins
April 12: "Ireland did not come out and say the Dolphins will trade up into the top 10 for a tackle, which is the buzz in football circles. Other league sources, however, believe the Dolphins will stand pat at 12, and if any of the three premier left tackles - Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson - is available, grab one. If not, they will trade back to take advantage of a deep draft." - Miami Herald

Vikings/T'eo
April 8: "I'd like to believe there's going to be [a middle linebacker] there for us. There's some good players at the linebacker spot, and we have a need to improve our depth and find a middle linebacker. Hopefully, we'll get the right guy." - Leslie Frazier

effzee

Kobe tore his Achilles? Now how will the refs gift the Lakers free throws?

With a hack a Dwight in full effect they will find a way to average 50 FTs a game.

Damn I guess I should just accept the Eagles picking Geno.

Wish they would trade down with Miami and acquire another 2nd round pick which they than use on E.J. Manuel.

Really curious to see what the Dolphins do. Trading up for the first pick would be overkill, in my opinion. They've done a lot to secure so many picks, it would suck to see a bunch of them disappear.
Yeah I agree, but there's the other rumor that they'll stay pat and maybe even trade down if the LTs are gone. Saw one rumor that they really like Eifert

Edit: Effzee, who knows what the Eagles are really about to do? I was leaning towards Fisher

It sucks but its ok. I am confident that they will recover just fine now that they have an actual retard running the show. How hard can it be to replace a once in a lifetime talent?

/runs to cry

So it's now hilarious when I post pictures of the injury right? That's the GAF way.

Yeah I agree, but there's the other rumor that they'll stay pat and maybe even trade down if the LTs are gone. Saw one rumor that they really like Eifert

Edit: Effzee, who knows what the Eagles are really about to do? I was leaning towards Fisher
Eifert would be a pretty cool pick but it'd surprise me. The Dolphins have never taken a TE in the first.

squicken

Anyone but Tiger gets DQd, though to be fair, if it wasn't Tiger no one would have noticed. Star fucking in sports is always gross

Edit: link if you want to see your specific teams rumors
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013rumorsteams.php

I had Geno to Eagles on lock last week. Just reading tea leaves from media and fans after the Nawricki stuff came out, you know they mobilized PR to manage fan expectations.

effzee

Yeah its just way too many predictions now. Even from informed and respected beat writers and national analysts. At this point nothing will surprise me expect for Milliner with whom they cancelled a previously scheduled meeting this week.

Geno, Star, Dion, Floyd, Fisher could all be picked by the Eagles and I won't be thrown off my chair.

Though if they are dead set on Geno I'd like to think none of the teams after us in the top 10 are interested and maybe the Eagles can trade down with say Miami (so Miami can take Fisher), select Geno, and possibly gain a coveted extra 2nd round pick.

Anyone but Tiger gets DQd, though to be fair, if it wasn't Tiger no one would have noticed. Star fucking in sports is always gross

I had Geno to Eagles on lock last week. Just reading tea leaves from media and fans after the Nawricki stuff came out, you know they mobilized PR to manage fan expectations.

Who did? The Eagles?

squicken

Don't worry bro, he knows people who can show him how to come back from injury:

qog0MA0.jpg

PS: This article contains valuable insight for you.

Yeah it's funny how they say he is done. He'll go to Germany and get all the HGH and fetus cells he needs to come back 110% by early next year. You really have to question Derek Rose's will to win when it has taken him so long to recover

Who did? The Eagles?

I just noticed that fan and media reaction against the piece was most severe out of Philly. Like obviously so. Maybe I'm just too cynical or conspiratorial. We'll see in 12 days

Godslay

Banned
It sucks but its ok. I am confident that they will recover just fine now that they have an actual retard running the show. How hard can it be to replace a once in a lifetime talent?

/runs to cry

You are right. The team has never been the same since Shaq left, you can try and replace the player but you can never replace the diesel.

effzee

Yeah it's funny how they say he is done. He'll go to Germany and get all the HGH and fetus cells he needs to come back 110% by early next year. You really have to question Derek Rose's will to win when it has taken him so long to recover

Phantom pain.

I just noticed that fan and media reaction against the piece was most severe out of Philly. Like obviously so. Maybe I'm just too cynical or conspiratorial. We'll see in 12 days

I think that was just me. And at that point I was convinced we weren't even drafting him and if any QB, we had our sights set on EJ.

I still stick by my points against the Nawrocki character assassination piece. Tons of respected/credible analysts have come out to vouch for his work ethic, attitude, and desire to win WHILE still not labeling him a top 10 or even top 20 talent.

effzee

You are right. The team has never been the same since Shaq left, you can try and replace the player but you can never replace the diesel.

Cod Damn.

some people in the Kobe thread are out their fucking minds.

How so? I refuse to enter sports threads in OT now. Bunch of cry babies who sully every topic because sports are either stupid, not worthy, or it turns into some shit fest comparing which sport is better or tougher.

Also I don't follow or understand golf. What's going on with Tiger. I see people going nuts over it. Explain!

squicken

oh man Bill Simmons is talking about using amnesty clause on kobe. Too funny. He's only good when bashing Lakers, b/c that's still real to him

You really think Geno to the Eagles is gonna happen? I'd like to see this, might free up some of the other guys later on

squicken

You really think Geno to the Eagles is gonna happen? I'd like to see this, might free up some of the other guys later on

I do. Also was pretty sure that if TB keeps their pick, they grab Patterson. Less sure now b/c of all the off field stuff on him. That junk about MIA not liking Lane Johnson is silly. Just trying to drive cost down for CLE selling the 6 pick

Eifert would be a pretty cool pick but it'd surprise me. The Dolphins have never taken a TE in the first.
Didn't they go hard after Cook? Could be a promising Offense. Whats with the Rb situation?
The Dolphins really like Zach Ertz, according to the Miami Herald. They also "appreciate" Tyler Eifert.
I do. Also was pretty sure that if TB keeps their pick, they grab Patterson. Less sure now b/c of all the off field stuff on him. That junk about MIA not liking Lane Johnson is silly. Just trying to drive cost down for CLE selling the 6 pick
Hmm, I think even if Millner is available at 6 and a trade presents it self well take the trade over Millner.

Didn't they go hard after Cook? Could be a promising Offense. Whats with the Rb situation?
Yeah, but after they missed on Cook they picked up Dustin Keller. I think they'd be pretty happy with him as the starting TE. The starting RB is Lamar Miller. He showed some promise during his rookie year last year but he didn't get too many snaps. It sounds like Ireland and Philbin are happy enough with him as the starter that they don't see RB as much of a need.

Lots of young potential with the offense, guys just have to live up to it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You says that and I'm like, yea...
Then I'm like, god damn, Kobe is only 35! Dude is only fucking 6 years older than me. He's been in the league for over half my life time.

Yeah it does feel like he's been playing basketball forever.

A lot of Packer fans got left out of feeling nostalgic when Favre finally retired because he had to be such a dick about it those last few years. Normally there's a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth when an icon like that hangs it up but a lot of us just said "FINALLY! GOSH!"

So if he is done, Laker fans should enjoy being able to say he was always a Laker!

You can go eat a bag of dicks that are more diseased than Gronk's.

Come on man, that's like saying infinity+1. That makes no sense.

edit: Holy crap at the Kobe thread. Like always, be glad it wasn't an NFL superstar with a potentially career ending injury. You'd see a lot of "lol handegg" and "nobody cares about that sport!". Not even an international sport like basketball is immune from the "well only people that live where you live care".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom