• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Jets thinking of signing Chris Ivory to an offer sheet. If the guy could stay healthy that wouldn't be a bad idea, but giving up their 2nd is too much

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't listen to the haters, Taco Bell is amazing. Steak Chalupas with Fire sauce.

Man, now I really want some Taco Bell.

See that's the key, you have to pony up for the "expensive" stuff at Taco Bell.

I like the chalupas and those cantina bowls are pretty good (nearest Chipotle is a ways away from here).

I'll get Taco Bell with you, but that doesn't mean I'm wearing pants.

It's California, you're allowed to eat without your shirt/pants on, right? Land of the free!

Greg has a diner? I figured he'd have a hard time getting a date with those ginormous hipster glasses.

image.php

A guy that can dunk like Greg gets all the diners.

Don't listen to the haters, Taco Bell is amazing. Steak Chalupas with Fire sauce.

Man, now I really want some Taco Bell.

Every time I'm in the US, I gain like 10lbs a week because I have to eat burgers everywhere, time to change it up and add some tacos! Can't wait.

effzee

Still some talk/rumors/down right stupid speculation that the Eagles are looking to move Maclin.

Though he might be a more complete and better WR than DJAX, he is going into his final year of his contract and Chip might prefer to add more big body WRs to compliment DJAX rather than have two of the exact same type.

The speculation over at the Eagles board is that the trade partner are the Colts. Irsay tweeted about adding a WR. Hasn't happened yet unless DHB was the big move.

Further speculation leads some to believe a huge deal is on its way where the Eagles move to the Colts spot at #24, get their 3rd round pick this year, and the Colts 1st round pick in 2014 in return for moving up to the #4 spot plus Maclin.

Why? Well apparently the Colts are interested in Milliner and brought him in for a visit. The Eagles cancelled their visit with him the very same day. He won't last till pick # 24. They would have to move on up ahead of the Browns/Lions for a shot at him. So this leads some to believe the Colts would acquire Milliner and Maclin in this years draft and give to the Eagles the #24 pick, their 3rd round pick this year (they don't have a 2nd round pick), and their first next year.

Thinking here in this scenario is that the Eagles aren't interested in Geno, would still keep a 1st round pick (Austin maybe?), and take EJ Manuel in the 2nd.

Completely out there and rubbish but crazier things have happened.

squicken

Still some talk/rumors/down right stupid speculation that the Eagles are looking to move Maclin.

Though he might be a more complete and better WR than DJAX, he is going into his final year of his contract and Chip might prefer to add more big body WRs to compliment DJAX rather than have two of the exact same type.

The speculation over at the Eagles board is that the trade partner are the Colts. Irsay tweeted about adding a WR. Hasn't happened yet unless DHB was the big move.

Further speculation leads some to believe a huge deal is on its way where the Eagles move to the Colts spot at #24, get their 3rd round pick this year, and the Colts 1st round pick in 2014 in return for moving up to the #4 spot plus Maclin.

Why? Well apparently the Colts are interested in Milliner and brought him in for a visit. The Eagles cancelled their visit with him the very same day. He won't last till pick # 24. They would have to move on up ahead of the Browns/Lions for a shot at him. So this leads some to believe the Colts would acquire Milliner and Maclin in this years draft and give to the Eagles the #24 pick, their 3rd round pick this year (they don't have a 2nd round pick), and their first next year.

Thinking here in this scenario is that the Eagles aren't interested in Geno, would still keep a 1st round pick (Austin maybe?), and take EJ Manuel in the 2nd.

Completely out there and rubbish but crazier things have happened.

Next year's draft is very good at top, but Colts will be picking in the late 20s anyway, so it's not too big of a deal. That'd be very aggressive. Could definitely use a CB, and Mclin would be nice. But the OL has too many holes for them not to be picking until the 4th round this year

So I'm pretty sure Best Buy is about to send me a 100 dollar gift card instead of a 40 by mistake, think maybe I'll take this chance to get a 3DS since you all hype it up.

So I'm pretty sure Best Buy is about to send me a 100 dollar gift card instead of a 40 by mistake, think maybe I'll take this chance to get a 3DS since you all hype it up.

Best Buy screwed up like 6 holiday orderes for me two years ago and they sent me a huge gift card like that too.

Get an XL dude, it's so much better and only about 30 dollars more. Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Luigi's Mansion are great.

Best Buy screwed up like 6 holiday orderes for me two years ago and they sent me a huge gift card like that too.

Get an XL dude, it's so much better and only about 30 dollars more. Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Luigi's Mansion are great.
Is the 3DS friend system like the WiiUs now ?

brentech

Backing up my Vita to desktop. My 16GB card is about to burst at the seams. Only 1GB free remains. Still have multiple games I haven't touched installed because I've been back on a Hot Shots golf bender. Trying to crown each event. Have all crowns for the first 3 sets of courses. Still much to do.

Two topics on the front page about athletes with injuries? The rule about not bitching about something not deserving a thread has done more harm than good. How about we make a new topic every time an NFL player gets injured, in protest? Seriously it's totally bullshit. There's a new topic for everyone's favorite band, song, YouTube video, movie, book. For fucks sake we had a whole topic on a Pantera album about a month ago.

Milchjon

Two topics on the front page about athletes with injuries? The rule about not bitching about something not deserving a thread has done more harm than good. How about we make a new topic every time an NFL player gets injured, in protest? Seriously it's totally bullshit. There's a new topic for everyone's favorite band, song, YouTube video, movie, book. For fucks sake we had a whole topic on a Pantera album about a month ago.

1. Even as someone who never watches Basketball, Kobe has a certain significance over most other players, and this might mean the end of an era.

2. The second thread is a rather obvious troll thread by a NHL fan.

3. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE ACTING LIKE PANTERA ISN'T THREADWORTHY!!!!!

;-)

squicken

Long post incoming, but I think draft fans will find it interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...ter-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wRlkGqVoKVmGqKg&bvm=bv.45175338,d.b2I&cad=rja

Really interesting re-reading Rams War Room account from last year, after one year has passed

They wanted TRich but would settle for Blackmon. They didn't like Kalil for some reason. Three misses, that's pretty fucking terrible as far as evaluation goes. They would have taken Brockers at 6, but gambled that he'd stay on the board, so traded down with Dallas for their 2nd rounder, which was 45. Got Brockers, but would have taken Fletcher Cox over Donteri Poe who they didn't like.

Used their 2nd rounder on Brian Quick (0-4 on offense evaluations so far) and WAS second on Jenkins. That really amazing how good they were on defense evaluations, but bad on offensive guys. But it gets better.

At 45, they wanted either Bobby Wagner or Michael Kendricks. Figuring one would be there, they traded down to 50 to get an extra 5th. So of course Wagner and Kendricks go 46 and 47. So the Rams took Isiah Pead at 50 and Rok Watknis with that 50 they picked up

They basically traded Bobby Wagner for a rookie RB who is probably a bust and OG who showed up fat and went on IR. They really have no clue what they are doing drafting offense, but are pretty amazing at evaluating defense. They could have walked out of Day 1 and 2 with Brockers, Jenkins, and Wagner, but got cute

edit:
And as far as "risers and fallers", at least with Rams, they were adjusting board the day of the draft last year.

1. Even as someone who never watches Basketball, Kobe has a certain significance over most other players, and this might mean the end of an era.

2. The second thread is a rather obvious troll thread by a NHL fan.

3. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE ACTING LIKE PANTERA ISN'T THREADWORTHY!!!!!

;-)

That's fine. When NFL season comes around I'm making a thread for every walk on punter that pulls a hammy in training camp and for how meaningful and influential Ke$ha's first album is. Also gotta make a topic for what Mummies Alive meant to my childhood. Also how much I like cottage cheese. Also my coffee table has a lip on it that hurts my calves when I put my feet on it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This post starts ok then veers into wtf land.

Greg

That's fine. When NFL season comes around I'm making a thread for every walk on punter that pulls a hammy in training camp and for how meaningful and influential Ke$ha's first album is. Also gotta make a topic for what Mummies Alive meant to my childhood. Also how much I like cottage cheese. Also my coffee table has a lip on it that hurts my calves when I put my feet on it.
I'll take those topics all day over the same suicide/rape/murder/abuse topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom