• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

They wanted TRich but would settle for Blackmon. They didn't like Kalil for some reason. Three misses, that's pretty fucking terrible as far as evaluation goes. They would have taken Brockers at 6, but gambled that he'd stay on the board, so traded down with Dallas for their 2nd rounder, which was 45. Got Brockers, but would have taken Fletcher Cox over Donteri Poe who they didn't like.

Why would wanting Richardson be a mistaken evaluation? He had a really good rookie season, even if this YPA was low. Unless you just think taking a RB that high would be a mistake, which I'd agree with. Disregarding Kalil was definitely a big mistake though.

And apparently the Jets won't be signing Chris Ivory to an 2nd round offer sheet (obviously) but the Saints are finally open to trading him, probably for a late round pick. If Jets acquire Ivory for a 6th, and pair him with Goodson and Powell, that'd be a pretty decent RB corps. As a Patriots fan, I'm a little afraid that Idzik may actually be a competent GM.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My knee is fucking killing me today. Is there some class action law suit I can join against the NFL for telling me playing football was safe?

squicken

Why would wanting Richardson be a mistaken evaluation? He had a really good rookie season, even if this YPA was low. Unless you just think taking a RB that high would be a mistake, which I'd agree with. Disregarding Kalil was definitely a big mistake though.

I don't think you take RBs in the top 10 unless they are transcendent talents like Peterson or Barry Sanders. And Richardson not only had a poor YPC, he also was hurt and had issues with pass protection and receiving. As far as Blackmon, I'm still willing to give him a chance, but Jags fans seem to think he is the #2 guy to Shorts. Not a bust at all, but again, bad value for a top 10 pick

Watched Top Gun.

You were great, Squicken!

I'll never forget Goose. It still haunts me to this day

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't think you take RBs in the top 10 unless they are transcendent talents like Peterson or Barry Sanders. And Richardson not only had a poor YPC, he also was hurt and had issues with pass protection and receiving. As far as Blackmon, I'm still willing to give him a chance, but Jags fans seem to think he is the #2 guy to Shorts. Not a bust at all, but again, bad value for a top 10 pick

He'd go #1 this year.

SQUICKEN! YOU IGNORANT SLUT! How dare you?!
tumblr_ljg8l0ZfZe1qildg8o1_500.gif

squicken

SQUICKEN! YOU IGNORANT SLUT! How dare you?!

BlackGhost, I want nothing more than the Trent Truck to drive a stake through the raping and murderous hearts of the Steelers and Ravens, but Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson never got close to such a bad YPC early in their careers. But he is better than either in receiving, though I know they had to bring in Hardesty at times for pass pro

This is so relatable. Let me know when you do this if you don't mind, I need to make sure I'm subscribed.

You know those fuckers did it on purpose to discourage people from putting their feet up there. Either that or they have a partnership with the people who make the display pillows for couches to give their product a purpose

Then why did you join the secret Pats fan club, disguised as a Fantasy Football league where we adore Gronk?
Wait a second... what?

You know those fuckers did it on purpose to discourage people from putting their feet up there. Either that or they have a partnership with the people who make the display pillows for couches to give their product a purpose
If this isn't thread worthy material I don't know what is.

BlackGhost, I want nothing more than the Trent Truck to drive a stake through the raping and murderous hearts of the Steelers and Ravens, but Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson never got close to such a bad YPC early in their careers. But he is better than either in receiving, though I know they had to bring in Hardesty at times for pass pro
I would go into :Kas levels of defense mode right now, but I don't want to sound even more crazy than I already do. So I'll keep it to myself, just know you're on my bad list now.

Also just watched the Hunger Games

I would go into :Kas levels of defense mode right now, but I don't want to sound even more crazy than I already do. So I'll keep it to myself, just know you're on my bad list now.

Also just watched the Hunger Games

I'll one-up you. I just went to see The Host.

For a chick-flicky take on sci-fi, it wasn't horrible, but could've waited for the DVD.

Slo

Also IMPORTANT DRUNKARD BROS QUESTION:

Is the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA worth the serious money it would cost me to try it over here?

Sorry, can't help you out. In general I find Sierra Nevada decent but overrated. How much would it cost you for a 4/6er?

effzee

Long post incoming, but I think draft fans will find it interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...ter-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wRlkGqVoKVmGqKg&bvm=bv.45175338,d.b2I&cad=rja

Really interesting re-reading Rams War Room account from last year, after one year has passed

They wanted TRich but would settle for Blackmon. They didn't like Kalil for some reason. Three misses, that's pretty fucking terrible as far as evaluation goes. They would have taken Brockers at 6, but gambled that he'd stay on the board, so traded down with Dallas for their 2nd rounder, which was 45. Got Brockers, but would have taken Fletcher Cox over Donteri Poe who they didn't like.

Used their 2nd rounder on Brian Quick (0-4 on offense evaluations so far) and WAS second on Jenkins. That really amazing how good they were on defense evaluations, but bad on offensive guys. But it gets better.

At 45, they wanted either Bobby Wagner or Michael Kendricks. Figuring one would be there, they traded down to 50 to get an extra 5th. So of course Wagner and Kendricks go 46 and 47. So the Rams took Isiah Pead at 50 and Rok Watknis with that 50 they picked up

They basically traded Bobby Wagner for a rookie RB who is probably a bust and OG who showed up fat and went on IR. They really have no clue what they are doing drafting offense, but are pretty amazing at evaluating defense. They could have walked out of Day 1 and 2 with Brockers, Jenkins, and Wagner, but got cute

edit:
And as far as "risers and fallers", at least with Rams, they were adjusting board the day of the draft last year.

Thanks for Cox and Kendricks!

I'll never forget Goose. It still haunts me to this day

Its kinda early to judge Trent or Blackmon after just 1 season. Especially Blackmon who has no one at QB to properly judge him.

Milchjon

Sorry, can't help you out. In general I find Sierra Nevada decent but overrated. How much would it cost you for a 4/6er?

I can only get it in a pub, where it's 8€ for a bottle.

Which is about $10.30 and about 3 times as much as a normal beer.

ChanHuk

Banned
And here I didn't post about how rewatching last season's Texans games gets me through the offseason because I didn't want to make you mad. This is how you repay me.

Some friend you are.

Also IMPORTANT DRUNKARD BROS QUESTION:

Is the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA worth the serious money it would cost me to try it over here?

There's only one drunkard to ask and that is this midget Cambodian drunkard. No its not worth the serious money to get it over to Bavaria. I think I get a sixer for 9 bucks. It's one hell of an IPA but my favorite IPA is probably Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, that thing is serious money. The 120 minute IPA, I can't even get in California.

This Picture tells me you're exactly the right person to answer my question:

Dependent on what else is available and what the price is. Sierra Nevada is always going to be consistent. I wouldn't pay more than 10 for a sixer or 5 for a pint, but they generally make a solid product. It's not a choice you would regret making or anything like that

Slo

There's only one drunkard to ask and that is this midget Cambodian drunkard. No its not worth the serious money to get it over to Bavaria. I think I get a sixer for 9 bucks. It's one hell of an IPA but my favorite IPA is probably Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, that thing is serious money. The 120 minute IPA, I can't even get in California.

You're in Cali? What do you think of the Pliny's out of Russian River Brewing? Beer snobs go ape shit over them, but they don't ship to Minney. I might be taking a trip to Denver this summer, and I'll be looking for Elder in particular.

Milchjon

Can't you ask for a sample?

Pints of premium seasonals are usually like $6-8 here.

There are things on this menu that cost up to 45€ per bottle. Beer has gone too far.

IPAs are way underrepresented in Germany. Which is a shame. I think I know of one local brewery that makes it.

ChanHuk

Banned
You're in Cali? What do you think of the Pliny's out of Russian River Brewing? Beer snobs go ape shit over them, but they don't ship to Minney. I might be taking a trip to Denver this summer, and I'll be looking for Elder in particular.

Russian River is god tier of beers, get anything you can from them.

There are things on this menu that cost up to 45€ per bottle. Beer has gone too far.

IPAs are way underrepresented in Germany. Which is a shame. I think I know of one local brewery that makes it.

And you Bavarians mock our American beers.

Just get yourself one of these and make your own:

IMAG0030.jpg

/stealthbrag

Pliny is awesome but it's popularity has started drawing people saying they don't like it to be different. I've personally been pounding New Belgium's Rampant. 7-9 for a sixer or Double IPA. They use these fruity Mosaic hops that really mellow out the bite of the hops. Real tasty. If you can't really get IPAs I would probably drop the money on the Sierra Nevada

Milchjon

And you Bavarians mock our American beers.

The quality of our beers is awesome, and our mass market brews blow yours out of the water (or the Bud Light, if you will).

But the variety of styles is lacking, and the US has definitely caught up in many ways. Much more experimental, too. Germans just don't like messing with their Reinheitsgebot.

Thankfully, German brewers are starting to take notice and actually look at what you guys are doing across the pond.

squicken

Thanks for Cox and Kendricks!

Its kinda early to judge Trent or Blackmon after just 1 season. Especially Blackmon who has no one at QB to properly judge him.

oh I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but I wasn't a fan of either Richardson or Blackmon pre-draft (as top 10 picks), but did really like Kalil. Neither guy is a bust. The only guy that could fairly be labeled a bust at this point is AJ Jenkins, and that was later in the first round

The quality of our beers is awesome, and our mass market brews blow yours out of the water (or the Bud Light, if you will).

But the variety of styles is lacking, and the US has definitely caught up in many ways. Much more experimental, too. Germans just don't like messing with their Reinheitsgebot.

Thankfully, German brewers are starting to take notice and actually look at what you guys are doing across the pond.

Awesome. Can't wait to try some German Whiskey Barrel Aged dopplelbocks in a couple years

ChanHuk

Banned

The only mass produced beer I drink is Sam Adams, which ironically is my go to beer.

I lied, my go to beer is 32oz of Miller High Life, champagne of beers bitches.

Slo

Have you ever had smoked beer? One of the weirdest drinking experiences out there, like bacon from a bottle.

But not in a good way.

Sounds awful. I generally don't like porters because of their smokey flavor. I generally stick to stouts and IPAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom