• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

When I was in college, the only fancy bears you could buy were Rolling Rock and Löwenbräu :(

All that money wasted on Lonestar and Natural Light

ChanHuk

Banned
Those of you who say Miller High Life is trash are probably the ones that point out sharp knees and pointy elbows. 32oz of don't give a fuck juice for $1.50, what's not to like? Ice cold

MechDX

Was introduced to this brand at work:
southernstarcans5.jpg

Brewed in Conroe right outside of Houston. $7 a 6 pack and tastes great too.

20% off at work on beers is pretty damn awesome as well.

Love Smoked Porters and Rauchbier. Dutch, smokiness tends to fall out over time, so I probably wouldn't pay 30 for a five year old smoked beer

They have a 2011 version as well, which was actually cheaper as well. Kinda dissapointed about how they only had 3 American beers at that bar.

Sounds awful. I generally don't like porters because of their smokey flavor. I generally stick to stouts and IPAs.

Rogue has a bacon maple ale, fuck that shit. Only thing bacon I didn't like.

Have you ever had smoked beer? One of the weirdest drinking experiences out there, like bacon from a bottle.

But not in a good way.

I never had smoked beer, but it seems like you love it or you hate it. No inbetween.

Godslay

Banned
That's nasty.

No, really it's not.

Man, you live in Colorado and that's what you drink?

:avatarquote

I drink all kinds of brews. High life has a wonderfully unique taste compared to other cheaper beers. It's not watered down, and is very smooth imo.

My go to beer is 1554 atm. So good, but just about everything that comes out of New Belgium is. I don't live in Colorado anymore either! I'm a goddamn North Dakotan, :jnc!

ChanHuk

Banned
How much does it cost to ship a 6 pack of beer across the country?

You have to ship FedEx or UPS, cost a bit more because they have to verify age upon delivery. But the biggest hurdle is packaging.

EDIT: Or you can just tell them you're not shipping booze and save monies.

How much does it cost to ship a 6 pack of beer across the country?

Not that bad. I sent three 40oz bottles of Founder's furniture City Ale to my cousin in NC and it didn't cost me more than $5, I think?

Edit: Lol, the post office didn't give a fuck what I packed. I just told them fragile and they said ok

It costs a lot to ship beer. Basically expect to pay about double for beer. I'll get it when I make some money. I tried to get a beer trade together with Beer GAF a couple years ago but there were no takers. There are huge beer trade communities on Reddita and other sites

Slo

My go to beer is 1554 atm. So good, but just about everything that comes out of New Belgium is. I don't live in Colorado anymore either! I'm a goddamn North Dakotan, :jnc!

Just got a 12 of New Belgium Dig. It's okay I guess. Didn't blow my socks off but I'm not going to dump it out or let my kids drink it.

The only mass produced beer I drink is Sam Adams, which ironically is my go to beer.

I lied, my go to beer is 32oz of Miller High Life, champagne of beers bitches.

Miller High Life is fucking great, no lie.
I remember the first time I had highlife, of course I was underage and drank what ever we could get (Natty Light). So the first time I had Highlife it truly was my champagne of beers. I don't think it's as good now though.

ChanHuk

Banned
Not that bad. I sent three 40oz bottles of Founder's furniture City Ale to my cousin in NC and it didn't cost me more than $5, I think?

Edit: Lol, the post office didn't give a fuck what I packed. I just told them fragile and they said ok

It's against USPS to ship alcohol, one of the many things that make you scratch your head, that's a lot of revenue that they're missing out on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I remember the first time I had highlife, of course I was underage and drank what ever we could get (Natty Light). So the first time I had Highlife it truly was my champagne of beers. I don't think it's as good now though.

So what's up with Natty Light? I keep hearing about this from Americans.

I know it's terrible but everyone always seemed to be able to get some of it. Was it just dirt cheap or something?

ChanHuk

Banned

I know it's terrible but everyone always seemed to be able to get some of it. Was it just dirt cheap or something?

Its cheap, but so is Miller High Life. I haven't had a High Life since I started making money. I should go get some.

Godslay

Banned
Just got a 12 of New Belgium Dig. It's okay I guess. Didn't blow my socks off but I'm not going to dump it out or let my kids drink it.

Fat tire, 1554, and blue paddle are my favorites from nb.

I also like summit from minny. Their bohemian pils is great.

It's still good imo. Best out of the cheaper beers.

squicken

Good to see Shiner didn't go the way of Lonestar, then. There was this beer a friend of mine's dad used to drink. Total alcoholic, but also a fitness nut. Ran like 5 miles a day, then would pound beers all night. Pearl Light. Grossest beer ever but it had like 80 calories or something

Are you into the intricacies of hops?

I grew up like 15 miles from Tettnang. Was funny to see that name pop up when reading about US beer.

Sounds amazing. I tend to favor the more citrusy, fruity hops of the Northwestern US. Admittedly I don't know as much as I should about hops as a homebrewer

Slo

I also like summit from minny. Their bohemian pils is great.

Surly, Fulton, and Brau Brothers are also good Minney breweries. If we do the exchange thing, it might inspired me to drive to Wisconsin for some New Glarus. 50/50 chance I just say fuck you guys and keep it for myself.

MechDX

Good to see Shiner didn't go the way of Lonestar, then. There was this beer a friend of mine's dad used to drink. Total alcoholic, but also a fitness nut. Ran like 5 miles a day, then would pound beers all night. Pearl Light. Grossest beer ever but it had like 80 calories or something

Lonestar has become a hipster beer like PBR. Piss in a fucking can IMO

A 30 pack of it was like super cheap at the time, and none of us knew any better. You take what you can get when you're underage.
Edit: I should get a case, just to remember the good times

Godslay

Banned
Surly, Fulton, and Brau Brothers are also good Minney breweries. If we do the exchange thing, it might inspired me to drive to Wisconsin for some New Glarus. 50/50 chance I just say fuck you guys and keep it for myself.

I've had surly, I'll have to watch for the others.

Lonestar has become a hipster beer like PBR. Piss in a fucking can IMO

So has high life. I buy it because it is the cheapest and largest tall boy, but you guys trying to talk about it like it is good are ridiculous. It's an American Lager. There isn't a huge disparity between the worst and the best

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Supposedly Natty Light is poor quality Coors light.

We used to drink Milwaukee's Best Light because PBR was too awful. This was back when PBR was 5 bucks for a 12 pack or whatever. I'm sure it's expensive again.

that's Ok us hockey fans will keep our cult. the rest of you can watch hoops or baseball or golf or soccer or whatever shitty sport gives you a high stick.

I think hockey is pretty neat, never got into it though. I'd never spout off that crap about hockey players being unathletic. I'm pretty sure baseball has the market cornered on the number of unathletic players anyway.

ChanHuk

Banned
So has high life. I buy it because it is the cheapest and largest tall boy, but you guys trying to talk about it like it is good are ridiculous. It's an American Lager. There isn't a huge disparity between the worst and the best

Fuck you High Life is god tier, not really but like I said for a buck fifty you get 32oz of beer. Otherwise get something else worthwhile. I drank High Life just to get drunk. Those Mickey Hand Grenades were pretty awesome.

squicken

I never found if awful so much as it's just really watered down beer. I know that's how Euros feel about all beer, but it really tastes like getting a Bud Light and pouring it in water

cdyhybrid

Long post incoming, but I think draft fans will find it interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...ter-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wRlkGqVoKVmGqKg&bvm=bv.45175338,d.b2I&cad=rja

Really interesting re-reading Rams War Room account from last year, after one year has passed

They wanted TRich but would settle for Blackmon. They didn't like Kalil for some reason. Three misses, that's pretty fucking terrible as far as evaluation goes. They would have taken Brockers at 6, but gambled that he'd stay on the board, so traded down with Dallas for their 2nd rounder, which was 45. Got Brockers, but would have taken Fletcher Cox over Donteri Poe who they didn't like.

Used their 2nd rounder on Brian Quick (0-4 on offense evaluations so far) and WAS second on Jenkins. That really amazing how good they were on defense evaluations, but bad on offensive guys. But it gets better.

At 45, they wanted either Bobby Wagner or Michael Kendricks. Figuring one would be there, they traded down to 50 to get an extra 5th. So of course Wagner and Kendricks go 46 and 47. So the Rams took Isiah Pead at 50 and Rok Watknis with that 50 they picked up

They basically traded Bobby Wagner for a rookie RB who is probably a bust and OG who showed up fat and went on IR. They really have no clue what they are doing drafting offense, but are pretty amazing at evaluating defense. They could have walked out of Day 1 and 2 with Brockers, Jenkins, and Wagner, but got cute

edit:
And as far as "risers and fallers", at least with Rams, they were adjusting board the day of the draft last year.

Thanks for B Wagz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom