• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is the day that we will found out if we get this

Etqmmi4.jpg

or this

sanders.jpg

squicken

Je photoshop is slecht

edit:

• The Panthers begin their offseason workouts Monday at Bank of America Stadium. Kuechly, who resumed his studies at Boston College this semester, has returned to Charlotte for the start of the offseason program.

Newton, who also went back to school at Auburn, will be back in Charlotte in another week or so. The last day of classes at Auburn is April 26.

Given Newton’s offseason history – he trained at IMG Academy during the lockout two years ago – I don’t think anyone around the organization is wondering whether Newton will get his work in.

• Rivera and his offensive staff had an eye on Russell Wilson before last year’s draft as a backup to Newton. The thought was that they wouldn’t have to rip up the playbook if Newton were injured because Wilson could run the same zone-read plays in sort of a mini-Cam package.

The Panthers liked Wilson as a late-round pick. But Seattle took him in the third round and Wilson was one of the great stories in the league as a rookie.

You don’t hear as much talk about the Panthers looking for a possible backup quarterback in this year’s draft. One reason: E.J. Manuel, the most athletic quarterback in the draft, will be gone well before the Panthers would consider using a pick on a quarterback.

But it also could signal that with Rob Chudzinski gone to Cleveland, the Panthers plan to run less read-option – whether it’s with Newton or backup Derek Anderson.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...alexander-knows-lotuleleis.html#storylink=cpy

squicken

That is a little weak

A $1.53 million payment owed to the Broncos explains why Tim Tebow remains employed by the New York Jets.

The quieted but ever-ready-to-sound-off Tebow fandom would like the quarterback released from the Jets, whose coach, Rex Ryan, refused to play him much last season. Ryan no doubt would like to dismiss the distracting attention Tebow brings to the locker room.

But releasing Tebow would mean the Jets wasting $1.53 million they must pay the Broncos this season as a return on the advance salary the former Heisman Trophy winner received when he signed his NFL contract back in 2010.

Teams don't eat that much guaranteed money until they explore all trade options. And trade options aren't fully realized until the league at least gets through the draft, when most deals are made, and then organized team activities, minicamp and — gasp! — maybe even a couple of preseason games.

Tebow has one of the last of the overcomplicated first-round draft pick contracts the NFL has since simplified with its latest collective bargaining agreement. His five-year deal with the Broncos included salaries, roster bonuses, an escalator (which he hit with his magical season of 2011) and $6.277 million worth of advance salaries.

Tebow's officially listed salary for 2013 is $2.58 million, but he is to collect only $1.055 million. The Jets don't have to pay this if they release him. The other $1.531 million goes to the Broncos. The Jets are stuck with this bill even if they dump Tebow.

When the Broncos traded Tebow to the Jets last year for fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, Mike Tannenbaum, the New York general manager at the time, was surprised to learn his team also needed to pay $5.06 million of prorated advance salary the Broncos had paid.

The payment was a deal breaker for a few hours until the Broncos and Jets agreed to split the difference of $2.53 million. The Broncos received $1 million last season and are due another $1.53 million from the Jets this year.

When John Idzik replaced Tannenbaum this year, the Jets' new GM could be for- given if he looked at Tebow and saw not a quarterback but a $1.53 million debt.

As the Jets shop Tebow, they aren't expected to ask a potential buyer to pick up his $1.53 million advance salary payment. But the Jets would like something in return. A seventh-round draft pick. A drawer of tight-fitting Jockey undershirts. Something.

Idzik has three options with Tebow: 1. Wait to see if one of the league's read- option teams suffers a quarterback injury and is interested in adding Tebow for depth; 2. Recall that Tebow was successful in the one chance he received to play with the Broncos in 2011 and give new Jets quarterbacks coach David Lee a try at improving the lefty's passing mechanics; 3. Release Tebow and eat the $1.53 million.

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_23020631/tim-tebows-contract-is-tough-new-york-jets

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Idzik has three options with Tebow: 1. Wait to see if one of the league's read- option teams suffers a quarterback injury and is interested in adding Tebow for depth; 2. Recall that Tebow was successful in the one chance he received to play with the Broncos in 2011 and give new Jets quarterbacks coach David Lee a try at improving the lefty's passing mechanics; 3. Release Tebow and eat the $1.53 million.
I laughed.

squicken

Why is the author pretending like $1.5 million is a huge number?

That's a pretty standard backup qb number.

They just won't cut him until they have to so they can maybe save that $1.5m in salary if they can trade him. It's a lame way to do business, but they are the Jets

jakncoke

Banned
When the Broncos traded Tebow to the Jets last year for fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, Mike Tannenbaum, the New York general manager at the time, was surprised to learn his team also needed to pay $5.06 million of prorated advance salary the Broncos had paid.

wtf kind of gm was he lolll

You're getting Sanders. If the Steelers were going to make a play for him they would have done it already.

I'll believe it when it's official, seems like within the Steelers organization there are people who want to keep him. I read that Ben was pushing hard for the team to match the Pats offer (how much of that is true, nobody knows, but still).

I wouldn't mind if they get him for a third if the rumor of them having a long term deal in place already is true, but I have to admit that I don't know him all that well and that I don't believe that he will suddenly change the entire offense like some of my fellow Pats fans on Twitter. I believe he can be a nice 2nd/3rd WR, but from what I'm reading, it's not a guy who's gonna carry an offense.

Reading this it seems like that he could take Lloyd his role in the intermediate game, but they also mention that he excelled because of the guys around him, especially with Wallace going deep. Is this correct according to you?

Wes

venison crêpe
The back is definitely a first generation Focus. Looks like they changed the front a bit from the Euro model.

That's probably it, yeah. Almost looks like a cut and shut the front and back are so dissimiliar to what I'm used to seeing.

jakncoke

Banned
Why is there a poster named Jim Harbaugh who has never posted in this thread?

Certainly not far from the truth, but it's stupid for him to say because he was one of the things holding the Browns back from moving forward.

Even if he was godly Browns were not going places with those teams.

squicken

Holy shit Bieber what a dumbass. Speaking of. NFLN has some podcast, and Charles Davis was talking about Patterson. Davis is from TEN so he has folks in the department, and he said that what is killing Patterson is immaturity when he meets teams. According to Davis, he's a good kid who has poor social skills. To quote "when he meets these coaches he needs to understand he has to put down the cell phone and Slurpee"

Milchjon

Trying to find the DKR reaction threads right now, want to see what people thought

It's GAF, why even bother? The reactions probably follow the standard template:

Reactions in the first three days: This is the best thing ever.
The following days: Well, it has its flaws.
After a week: This was awful, how can people like it?

jakncoke

Banned
It's GAF, why even bother? The reactions probably follow the standard template:

Reactions in the first three days: This is the best thing ever.
The following days: Well, it has its flaws.
After a week: This was awful, how can people like it?

So true, also works on the opposite spectrum

terrible
not to bad has its flaws and whatnot
lttp threads pop up, omg so good guys thread flow

cashman

Banned
Dark knight rises was ok. Not even course to TDK in terms of quality. I really enoyed I the hobbit and I've never seen any of the lord of tbe rings movies.

squicken

Two players trashed their room at the Combine

*NFL teams still were trying to find out about an incident in which a hotel room at the combine was trashed, apparently by two players who were staying there. One of the players is a potential first round draft pick, and the incident could affect both players’ stock. Front office men hoped to speak with one of the players about it at his pro day, but the player curiously made himself unavailable to talk.

harSon

Banned
Guess it's time to start hating Harrison. You've broken my heart James!

And I hope the Steelers don't match the offer. There's no guarantee we're going to be able to sign him next off season, and the dude is always injured and has under performed thus far despite obviously having talent, so I'd rather get the 3rd round draft pick to be honest.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Guess it's time to start hating Harrison. You've broken my heart James!

And I hope the Steelers don't match the offer. There's no guarantee we're going to be able to sign him next off season, and the dude is always injured and has under performed thus far despite obviously having talent, so I'd rather get the 3rd round draft pick to be honest.

The Steelers should only match if they already have a long term deal worked out. Otherwise, taking the pick is the only decision.

jakncoke

Banned
Wonder how much the Bungles going to try and give Harrison. Man Harrison could take out Ben or some our other players. I guess NFL-age and the rest of the world will be chanting from their glassboxes in their basements KARMA KARMA KARMA

Wonder how much the Bungles going to try and give Harrison. Man Harrison could take out Ben or some our other players. I guess NFL-age and the rest of the world will be chanting from their glassboxes in their basements KARMA KARMA KARMA
Drake/HarSon would call that poetic Justice.

squicken

What kind of savage would cheer for someone getting injured?

Are you alluding to the time Belichick ran up the score and got Gronk's arm broken, which eventually lead to his STDs infecting the metal plate in the bone and causing him to lose his entire arm b/c Belichick wanted to score more meaningless points and so we all said it was karma b/c Belichick is a douche, and not b/c we were cheering on the initial injury?

Are you alluding to the time Belichick ran up the score and got Gronk's arm broken, which eventually lead to his STDs infecting the metal plate in the bone and causing him to lose his entire arm b/c Belichick wanted to score more meaningless points and so we all said it was karma b/c Belichick is a douche, and not b/c we were cheering on the initial injury?

no

also lol at running the score up in the NFL.The defense has one job.

Patriots7

I'll believe it when it's official, seems like within the Steelers organization there are people who want to keep him. I read that Ben was pushing hard for the team to match the Pats offer (how much of that is true, nobody knows, but still).

I wouldn't mind if they get him for a third if the rumor of them having a long term deal in place already is true, but I have to admit that I don't know him all that well and that I don't believe that he will suddenly change the entire offense like some of my fellow Pats fans on Twitter. I believe he can be a nice 2nd/3rd WR, but from what I'm reading, it's not a guy who's gonna carry an offense.

Reading this it seems like that he could take Lloyd his role in the intermediate game, but they also mention that he excelled because of the guys around him, especially with Wallace going deep. Is this correct according to you?
In a world where our other receivers (excluding Amendola) are Jenkins, Jones and Slater, I do believe it is fair to say that he will definitely change the offense for the better.
Add to the fact that there are no other receivers of his capabilities available and the fact that the Patriots couldn't draft a receiver to save their lives, he's essentially our only hope.

Godslay

Banned
Dolphins v Jets 1994 on NLFN. Everyone's chance to see a young cheatin' Pete. Fins down 6-24, Marino just tossed a TD to Ingram, and scored a 2 point conversion.

In a world where our other receivers (excluding Amendola) are Jenkins, Jones and Slater, I do believe it is fair to say that he will definitely change the offense for the better.
Add to the fact that there are no other receivers of his capabilities available and the fact that the Patriots couldn't draft a receiver to save their lives, he's essentially our only hope.

Oh god, when you list our WRs it's so fucking depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom