• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I was done with optimism for the M's when I turned on the TV in the third series of the season and saw them losing 11-0 to the Astros.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, except for the fact that the M's and Astros are both terrible and the Seahawks shit on Tammy and the Cheats and went to the playoffs.

Pffh. No shitting on the Patriots is that AFC Championship game where the Ravens did just that. Barely winning at home on a bomb against the Pats horrific secondary is barely winning. Don't confuse the two in your haste to be defensive!

Baseball is about the pitch, not the score.
I'm assuming you mean for your personal enjoyment of the sport?

I used to love watching baseball growing up but for some reason or another I lost interest. I think the whole steroid era was a big part of it, plus most of the guys I liked retired and I realized that I cared more about them than the sport itself. The same goes for the NBA. Another big factor is that I never really gravitated towards a team in those sports like I did with the NFL.

Going to MLB games is a lot of fun, though.

cdyhybrid

I'm assuming you mean for your personal enjoyment of the sport?

I used to love watching baseball growing up but for some reason or another I lost interest. I think the whole steroid era was a big part of it, plus most of the guys I liked retired and I realized that I cared more about them than the sport itself. The same goes for the NBA. Another big factor is that I never really gravitated towards a team in those sports like I did with the NFL.

Going to MLB games is a lot of fun, though.

Yeah, going to M's games is still enjoyable, especially from the beer garden, but I'm usually not invested in whether they win or lose. I just like to watch the game itself.

Edit: There is some impressive cognitive dissonance going on in the Vick thread.

MechDX

joan_jett.jpg

Why not let Joan Jett do her own song for SNF? She is still hot

Guacamelee is so good, I got Mexican for lunch today. The game literally put me in the mood to eat Mexican. :jnc
Have you finished it yet? It took me about 5.5 hours but I didn't go for 100% or anything. I'm contemplating a hard run but I still haven't decided.

The last boss was so much fun.

brentech

My mom is there. Called crying on the phone. She's fine now, but held up in her hotel. They're not letting people out, which is probably for the better right now.

Milchjon

My fucking friend in Boston never answers his messages on time. It's not unusual for him, but in moments like this, I wish he did...

Edit: Thank God, he's alright.

brentech

Watching CNn. They have video of the first explosion and you actually see a runner go down. Seems like debris or possible shrapnel hit him in the leg the way he goes down.

There was a lot of people around that area where it seems to come from. It's kind of closer to the building than it is to the street.

brentech

My mom was staying at Lenox Hotel. She just texted me saying that she just got put on a bus.
So far no other info as to where they taken them out of city.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've already got a friend on facebook blaming unemployment for the explosion (cause their time isn't being filled with working!)

I marvel at the stupidity of people.

I think I'll avoiding social media/networking for a few days.

My mom was staying at Lenox Hotel. She just texted me saying that she just got put on a bus.
So far no other info as to where they taken them out of city.

Hope she stays safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom