• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

I just wanna say, I like busting all you Pats fans chops, but in real life I love you all and hope your families and friends were nowhere near this horrible stuff.

Dragon

Banned
Unsurprisingly, Heavy is being a complete piece of shit of a human being.

Guy is scum.

I'm glad I didn't take today off... and that my family doesn't live near the finish line.

Ugh.

My mom works right by there and was told to work from home today. Thank God.

Supposedly they are sending Anti-Terrorism Task forces to NYC landmarks.

They'd be wise to do so. Man I'm going to London on Saturday and their marathon is Sunday. I'd imagine their security will be super tight with this in mind.

brentech

UtbHTnS.png

My mom's hotel is on the other side of the street. The building with all the windows between the two explosions. Very much understand why she was crying as soon as I picked up the phone now. Shit is so fucking crazy.

squicken

Are they guarding a suspect or not? NYP had that awhile ago but everyone of GAF said not to trust them, FOXN confirmed NYP, but then the city denied it, now NBC is reporting the same thing the NYP initially did

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 12m
Officials say that Boston PD are "guarding" a wounded man at a Boston hospital as a "possible suspect"

Talon

Are they guarding a suspect or not? NYP had that awhile ago but everyone of GAF said not to trust them, FOXN confirmed NYP, but then the city denied it, now NBC is reporting the same thing the NYP initially did

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 12m
Officials say that Boston PD are "guarding" a wounded man at a Boston hospital as a "possible suspect"
"Honestly, I don't know where [the NY Post is] getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the Boston PD spokesperson.

Also, the NY Post is a tabloid, which is why GAF (and...everyone else in the world) doesn't give them much stock.

WedgeX

Banned
Hope all Boston-GAF is alright. My friends watching the marathon are alright. My girlfriend has two friends who apparently finished eight minutes before the explosions. Craziness.

squicken

"Honestly, I don't know where [the NY Post is] getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the Boston PD spokesperson.

Yeah and so I thought that was that, but NBC came out and reported same thing NYP did. So is NBC passing along same bad info, or is that spokesperson wrong?

edit: NBC is Luke Russert reporting that.

edit: Or Russert is reporting something from someone else. Bleh. Who knows?

Dragon

Banned
Good to see that the three of you are allright.

I actually live in New York City so no need to worry about me Dutch!

I'm wondering if NBC is reporting that NYPost is reporting, one of those things. I don't trust NYPost at all, especially considering what the Boston media is saying.

Talon

Yeah and so I thought that was that, but NBC came out and reported same thing NYP did. So is NBC passing along same bad info, or is that spokesperson wrong?

edit: NBC is Luke Russert reporting that.

edit: Or Russert is reporting something from someone else. Bleh. Who knows?
Mayor's Press conference right now. Police Chief just confirmed that "nobody is in custody."

"There have been policed dispatched to hospitals...to get every witness statement we can get. There's a heavy police presence at all venues across the city." (Lost a few words transcribing).

squicken

okay this is weird. The FBI has locked down the HQ of Jimmy Haslam's truck stop business. Haslam owns the Browns. No further info

Will Graves ‏@WillGravesAP
FBI spokesman says the lockdown is part of an ongoing investigation but wouldn't say what agents were doing inside. #Browns

Tamanon

Banned
okay this is weird. The FBI has locked down the HQ of Jimmy Haslam's truck stop business. Haslam owns the Browns. No further info

FBI spokesman says the lockdown is part of an ongoing investigation but wouldn't say what agents were doing inside. #Browns

It's weird, I assume it's nothing to do with the bombing today, but a completely separate investigation.

squicken

It's weird, I assume it's nothing to do with the bombing today, but a completely separate investigation.

Yeah. But imagine any other day. The owner of an NFL team has his business locked down by the Feds? It'd be a feeding frenzy for NFL media. Sad and bizarre day

edit: Just came out that it's an IRS investigation

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah. But imagine any other day. The owner of an NFL team has his business locked down by the Feds? It'd be a feeding frenzy for NFL media. Sad and bizarre day

edit: Just came out that it's an IRS investigation

rofl. booms head going to fly tomorrow morning if he catches wind of this

Fantomex

Haha that wreslter used to be The One Man Gang, and then his next character was supposed to be this Egyptian/Afrikan named Akeem.
KuGsj.gif

effzee

So Howie came out and claimed that they are not picking a project player at 4.

Would indicate Geno is out since he wouldn't start right away. Then again some experts now claims Geno to Eagles is a very good possibility.

Fuck don't know who to believe.

squicken

So Howie came out and claimed that they are not picking a project player at 4.

Would indicate Geno is out since he wouldn't start right away. Then again some experts now claims Geno to Eagles is a very good possibility.

Fuck don't know who to believe.

Posted this earlier, but lots of people say that the Eagles are locked into Geno. Only way he isn't there is if JAX grabs him. As far as draftniks, Cossell and Gruden have Nassib as the top QB. If you can, try and catch Gruden's QB camp with Nassib. It's good

Bread

Banned
scary day, i had some friends near the finish line but everyone seems to be okay. I was out golfing when me and my friends heard the news.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom