• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck whatever was posted last page we got something...

BROWNS HUB BUB!

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

#Browns just announced they have signed kicker Shayne Graham as an unrestricted free agent.

squicken

okay wtf?!

National Football Scouting president Jeff Foster, who runs the NFL scouting combine, confirmed that a hotel room was left trashed during the February 2013 event in Indianapolis. However, Foster refused to identify the two players who shared the room for three nights, though sources have indicated that one of the two prospects is a potential first-round pick in next week's NFL draft.

Foster said nothing was broken in the room, but the bathroom was in such bad shape that a manager from the Crowne Plaza where the players stayed took pictures and relayed them to him. The incident initially was reported by Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune over the weekend.

"I can confirm that a room was left in an inappropriate condition and we're disappointed by both players who occupied the room," Foster said. "There was no material damage to the room; otherwise we would be pursuing further action and really be trying to get to the bottom of the situation. It's just very disappointing, and the people we feel the worst for are the people at the Crowne Plaza who had to clean it up."

The crude behavior included urine and feces scattered about the bathroom, toothpaste on the mirror and garbage strewn about the room. Among the garbage was partially eaten food left on one of the beds. The players to whom the room was registered have denied their involvement to NFL team representatives who have questioned them at their respective pro days, according to Foster and other sources close to the situation.

Draft hubbub on Qbs featuring Gruden
Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 21m
On a conference call with Jon Gruden ... he l-o-o-o-ves the Syracuse QB. Calls him 'a real sleeper' ...

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 15m
Gruden says G Smith 'will adapt to any system you want to run.'

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 12m
More Gruden: Geno Smith 'has got to do a better job of taking care of the ball.' Sounds as if Gruden truly likes Smith but doesn't love him.

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 8m
Gruden says character counts, but ... 'every now and then you need some 'characters' ... 'guys who live in the left lane to a degree.'

Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 2m
Gruden on E.J. Manuel: ‘Has presence inside the 10-yard line similar to Cam Newton’s; nowhere near finished product but has big upside'

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 3m
Gruden said if Fla State QB EJ Manuel is paired with a creative offensive-minded coach, look out. Manuel visiting # Browns today.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 14m
Gruden doesn't buy criticism of Geno Smith's deep-ball accuracy. Said he's an excellent deep-ball passer.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 16m
Gruden thinks WV QB Geno Smith has versatility & football mind needed to adapt well to any system in # NFL. Said he had a lot on plate at WV
Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 22m
ESPN's Jon Gruden on conference call now. Said EJ Manuel & Ryan Nassib equipped to run read option. Really likes Nassib as "sleeper."

Oozer3993

Cleveland's WKYC NBC is reporting that the FBI has raided the offices of Pilot Flying J, the trucking company owned by Browns owner Jimmy Haslem. The IRS was included, but nobody is saying what the investigation is about.

squicken

kave and BG don't want us bringing that up. It'd be nuts if Haslam had to sell the team and a whole new ownership group came in and fired everyone

effzee

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 3m
Gruden said if Fla State QB EJ Manuel is paired with a creative offensive-minded coach, look out. Manuel visiting # Browns today.

Sounds like Chip Kelly.

Obama could seize the draft picks and give them to his buddy Ambassador Rooney
I listened to radio earlier and heard some things, I'm not to worried right now. I'm guessing whatever is going on is why Jimmy decided to go back to Pilot J not to long ago. Take it with a grain of salt but here are some tweets from incarcerated bob
Wealthy Big****s ‏ @ CONCEDE 30m
@ CommonManDZ related to former CEO & why jimmy did a 180 & went back to flying j

Wealthy Big****s ‏ @ CONCEDE 25m
Rumor is CEO from Pepsi was playing games w employee status (full-time/part-time) & benefits for tax breaks. That's why JH went back to FJ

Wealthy Big****s ‏ @ CONCEDE 17m
Word is JH didn't know and was so mad he went back bc his family started the company he was pissed that he did that to employees

squicken

I listened to radio earlier and heard some things, I'm not to worried right now. I'm guessing whatever is going on is why Jimmy decided to go back to Pilot J not to long ago. Take it with a grain of salt but here are some tweets from incarcerated bob
# Browns

Oh I'm not worried about him doing anything wrong. Gotta be related to why he fired the old guy. Might hurt his company's bottom line, and his cash flow.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No. Al Davis put together his Raiders team and he inherited Tony Dungy's team. He's an excellent coach but horrible front office/GM.

Okay thanks!

That puts some perspective on how much I should care about Jon Grudens opinions on the draft.

squicken

Gruden does know his QBs though. Turned Rich Gannon into an MVP and Brad Johnson into a serviceable starting SB QB.

Those guys weren't just off the street. They had had success before, Gruden just got more out of them. And it's not like Gannon struggled the next year after he left. Gruden was quite terrible at developing young players. Michael Lombardi used to say it was his biggest fault. Gruden was always trying to find the next thing instead of being patient with what he had.

The tug of war with coaches and GMs. GMs want coaches to develop and play young players. Coaches want players who do what they are supposed to do and will sacrifice athleticism.

Starting to look like Nassib will go in the first.

On a Side note I didn't really like The Hobbit at all, it's like a movie made up of all filler material.

squicken

I was looking for Carrie Fisher's picture from the Burbs. That woman aged horribly. I know she was on all sorts of shit but by 35 she looked 45

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah anything shorter than a "short" bob on a girl is too short.

I don't like androgynous chicks like Tilda Swinton or whomever the ultra progressives in OT GAF likes these days.

ChanHuk

Banned
Those guys weren't just off the street. They had had success before, Gruden just got more out of them. And it's not like Gannon struggled the next year after he left. Gruden was quite terrible at developing young players. Michael Lombardi used to say it was his biggest fault. Gruden was always trying to find the next thing instead of being patient with what he had.

The tug of war with coaches and GMs. GMs want coaches to develop and play young players. Coaches want players who do what they are supposed to do and will sacrifice athleticism.

Gruden had no patience and wanted complete control. Gannon continued to succeed because he was still in the same system. Granted he was basically murdered so he couldn't play really under Norv.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_0126e926-161f-5390-ae77-9b6e49b3e40f.html

Urban Chestnut's second will be St. Louis' largest craft brewery

10 minutes ago • By Evan S. Benn ebenn@post-dispatch.com > 314-340-8348

Two-year-old Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. plans to open a second brewery in St. Louis that will quadruple its current brewing capacity and give it the largest footprint of any St. Louis-area craft brewery.

The new location, at 4465 Manchester Avenue in the city’s Forest Park Southeast neighborhood, is the former Renard Paper Co. building, on the western edge of the Grove entertainment district.

Clayton-based real estate firm Green Street bought the 75,000-square-foot building last month and will lease it to Urban Chestnut. The brewery had been working with Green Street for more than a year to find an expansion property.

Brewery owners David Wolfe and Florian Kuplent will present the project to the Forest Park Southeast Development Committee at a meeting April 23. They said they have gotten positive feedback from 17th Ward Alderman Joe Roddy and members of Park Central Development, the 17th Ward’s community development corporation.

“We’re really excited about it, and the next step will be to see what the neighborhood has to say,” said Chris Colizza, Park Central’s neighborhood planner. “To me, it seems like a slam-dunk. It would be a win for the commercial district and the neighborhood at large.”

If all goes according to plan, work will begin next month, and the new brewery and pub will open in early 2014. The redevelopment is expected to cost about $10 million.

“The space is pretty much perfect for what we want to do, and it gives us room to grow,” said Kuplent, who also is Urban Chestnut’s brewmaster. “We’re also excited about the location and to be part of the Grove.”

Once the new brewery is open, Urban Chestnut initially will be able to boost its annual production by about 15,000 barrels of beer. The new facility will eventually have capacity for 100,000 barrels a year. (One barrel equals 31 gallons, or about 330 regular-size bottles.)

Urban Chestnut brewed about 4,000 barrels of draft and bottled beer in 2012 at its midtown brewery at 3229 Washington Boulevard, and it is on pace to brew about 7,500 barrels there this year.

The midtown brewpub, which opened in January 2011, will remain fully operational when the second location opens. Kuplent said he will use that brewery mainly to test, brew and package small-batch and wood-aged beers; its bar and 400-seat beer garden will stay as they are.

The second Urban Chestnut location will be roughly twice the size of Schlafly Bottleworks in Maplewood, currently the area’s biggest craft brewery.

The St. Louis Brewery produced about 50,000 barrels of Schlafly beer last year at the Bottleworks, the Tap Room downtown and at several out-of-state facilities.

Urban Chestnut’s renovation of the Renard Paper warehouse will include a bottling line, staff offices, retail space, a kitchen and bar area, and seating for about 150 people. Windows will look out on to Manchester Avenue, and the bar will face the brewhouse.

“People will actually be able to smell, see and hear what we’re doing in the brewery,” Kuplent said.

Kuplent and Wolfe are both former Anheuser-Busch InBev employees who left their positions to open Urban Chestnut.

They brew and market their beers in two categories: reverence and revolution. The former is a nod toward traditional, European beer styles (Kuplent was born and trained in Germany), while the latter focuses on American-style craft beers.

Wolfe said they hope to use the expansion opportunity to evolve the reverence-revolution theme.

“Our original location, with the beer garden and wooden tables, is in the reverence model,” Wolfe said. “The new space, which is industrial and modern, fits the revolution concept.”

Urban Chestnut will hire an additional 40 full- and part-time employees once the new brewery is complete.

Green Street will seek LEED certification for energy efficiency, water conservation and other “green” endeavors at the former paper company building, which was constructed in the 1920s and underwent expansions in the ’80s and ’90s.

The redevelopment plan includes spaces for parking on the north and east sides of the building.

This is where I just got my new job at. Just bartending but hopefully I can get to know some people and get some basic experience in a brewery setting to eventually move into working in the actual production process.

squicken

Gruden had no patience and wanted complete control. Gannon continued to succeed because he was still in the same system. Granted he was basically murdered so he couldn't play really under Norv.

I always thought Gruden was a good offensive mind, but a bit overrated. I always wonder if there is really an offseason demand for him, or if it is his agent stoking that fire

squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom