• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Keenan Allen, the No. 1-rated WR on some boards, was red-flagged for a drug test at scouting combine in Indy and retested this month.

Unbelievable. He's already in the drug program I think since it happened at the Combine. So another WR has a big mark against him. Just a terrible class of RBs, QBs, and WRs. Harvin trade looks better and better for SEA

Keenan Allen, the No. 1-rated WR on some boards, was red-flagged for a drug test at scouting combine in Indy and retested this month.

Unbelievable. He's already in the drug program I think since it happened at the Combine. So another WR has a big mark against him. Just a terrible class of RBs, QBs, and WRs. Harvin trade looks better and better for SEA

He took drugs right before the draft?

Dude must be dumb as fuck.

Truth comes out
Just like when Pete Carroll got out of Southern Cal ahead of the NCAA posse for the Seahawks head coaching job, it appears Eagles coach Chip Kelly left Oregon just in time.

According to Adam Jude of the Oregonian, the University of Oregon agreed that its football coaches “committed at least one major violation,” during recruiting from 2008 to 2011. It could clearly turn out to be a larger issue — for the Ducks.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/oregon-reports-major-violation-during-chip-kelly-era/

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well Packers Gaf, we got another new fan today! My son Drake Timothy Borski!

My wife will try and turn him to the dark side (cowboys) but I have enough green and gold for him to make him see the light. LOL

Nice congratulations!

Make sure to inspect his fandom thoroughly...

c5QIfk2.jpg

Adam Schefter said:
Chip Kelly to SalPal on potential Oregon violations: "I am aware of the recent reports, and of the ongoing investigation being conducted by the NCAA and the University of Oregon. While at Oregon, I know we were fully cooperative with all aspects of the investigation and I will continue to contribute in any way that I can. But until the NCAA rules on the matter, I will have no further comment."

Yankeehater is gonna really hate him if he is a confirmed cheater.

Yankeehater is gonna really hate him if he is a confirmed cheater.

That is true. I will root for the team, but not for Chip if that is the case. Just like how these last few years I have rooted for the team, while hoping that Vick failed. That is the one thing that really sucks about sports, is no matter what you are going to have some people that you cant root for on your team. I wanted them to hire Gus, and this just makes that wish stronger but there is nothing I can do to change that.

One thing I also find kind of concerning is how he announced he was staying in college after interviewing with teams, and then obviously had the sudden mind change when he got wind of the real sanctions coming

One thing I also find kind of concerning is how he announced he was staying in college after interviewing with teams, and then obviously had the sudden mind change when he got wind of the real sanctions coming

Maybe he just didn't like the Browns :D!

That is true. I will root for the team, but not for Chip if that is the case. Just like how these last few years I have rooted for the team, while hoping that Vick failed. That is the one thing that really sucks about sports, is no matter what you are going to have some people that you cant root for on your team. I wanted them to hire Gus, and this just makes that wish stronger but there is nothing I can do to change that.

Well, that wish came true :D!

All Chip wanted to do was pay his players a living wage. The cruel NCAA wants to control their players. Cheatin' Chip is like a modern day Robin Hood.

I'm all for paying players for college sports, but IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!!! WHOOOHEEEEHOOOOOWWWWHEEEEE

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It definitely seemed pretty obvious at the time!

Especially considering that you have to worry about beating only one other team in the PAC-12 on a consistent basis. They also deify coaches in college so he was probably set for life even if he had a bad year.

Andy Reid was among the most consistently successful NFL coaches and he was still canned after a few down years. That kind of job security is nothing compared to those cushy NCAA jobs.

Basically it had to take sanctions to drive a guy like that to the NFL.

JABEE

No, BG. He realized that he wanted to coach the Eagles and that it was a great opportunity that wouldn't come open again two seasons from now.

squicken

Draft tidbits from Twitter

-Browns very unlikely to pick at 6. Will trade out to tackle needy team

-Fluker will go earlier than expected

-Menelik Watson will go in first

-Dion Jordan not w/o critics. Very little production in college

-Alison Brie is a Frank Gore and 49ers fan

He was always leaving. His "return to school" was a leverage play. Everyone knew these sanctions were coming, and that Kelly would be in trouble.

Draft tidbits from Twitter

-Browns very unlikely to pick at 6. Will trade out to tackle needy team

-Fluker will go earlier than expected

-Menelik Watson will go in first

-Dion Jordan not w/o critics. Very little production in college

Good. If there's a rush on tackles, hopefully it means the Guards (Cooper/Warmack) drop.

Of course, the media has now changed their consensus pick for the Giants to Fluker (it was Werner for a long time):

Charles Davis, NFL.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Bucky Brooks, NFL.com – Georgia LB Alec Ogletree
Akbar Gbajabiamila, NFL.com – Florida S Matt Elam
Gil Brandt, NFL.com – Georgia LB Alec Ogletree
Charley Casserly, NFL.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Matt Smith, NFL.com – Georgia LB Alec Ogletree
Josh Norris, NFL.com – Florida State DE Cornellius Carradine
Walterfootball.com – Florida State DE Bjoern Werner
Charlie Cambpell, Walterfootball.com – Florida State DE Bjoern Werner
Rob Rang, CBSsports.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Dane Brugler, CBSsports.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Pat Kirwan, CBSsports.com – BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah
Pete Prisco, CBSsports.com – Alabama T D.J. Fluker
Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com – Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

squicken

Good. If there's a rush on tackles, hopefully it means the Guards (Cooper/Warmack) drop.

Context was that teams needing offense will be taking offensive line in lieu of RBs and WRs. Cooper will go early. Some people say Warmack could slide b/c of learning and lack of positional/scheme versatility.

Context was that teams needing offense will be taking offensive line in lieu of RBs and WRs. Cooper will go early. Some people say Warmack could slide b/c of learning and lack of positional/scheme versatility.
I'm done trying to figure this draft out. Every year I try and every year shit happens that no one thought would. I just want it to get here already. Draft party is all setup and ready to go for Day 1 and 2.

Speaking of which, I wish the 1st and 2nd round were the same night.

I didn't know the Pope had such sick moves.

duppdancing.gif
That's....amazing.

Colasante

I guess this explains the slide. Still think he'd be a steal in the late 2nd.

squicken

I'm done trying to figure this draft out. Every year I try and every year shit happens that no one thought would. I just want it to get here already. Draft party is all setup and ready to go for Day 1 and 2.

Speaking of which, I wish the 1st and 2nd round were the same night.

That's....amazing.

I feel like I've got a good idea in general. Never know who or what will be trades, but I feel like I know who will be gone when Rams draft

effzee

:jnc

yankeehater
Hates all cheaters unless they're on the Iggles

Which other cheaters are on the Eagles?

And right...all cheating is without a doubt equal. I mean violating NCAA recruiting rules, which every program does until they are caught, and then being caught by the NCAA which itself is one the most corrupt sports organizations is equal to the Patriots videotaping practices, knowing plays, and signals to win 3 SBs.

effzee

Those new pictures of her!

He was always leaving. His "return to school" was a leverage play. Everyone knew these sanctions were coming, and that Kelly would be in trouble.

Yeah from the information that came out after the hire, the Eagles had him as their top guy and he only would have left Oregon for Philly. It was partly a leverage play plus his indecision. The sanctions aren't a surprise right now. There was talk about these sanctions near the end of the college football season.

effzee

It's odd, it seems Wide Receivers seem to always be busted for weed. Wonder if it's something about the position.

What I can't fathom is how you can be so mind numbingly dumb to potentially throw away you changes at being picked high and getting the money associated with the round and pick you are selected at.

Is it the stress from constantly being on display for teams to prod and evaluate or they just can't live without their vices?

Draxal

Of course, the media has now changed their consensus pick for the Giants to Fluker (it was Werner for a long time):

I wouldn't mind Fluker (and everything I read about him seems to suggests that he's an ideal fit for the Giants), and prefer him over Werner. Warmack and Cooper are the ones I want though, need Snee's replacement on this roster.

I'd be ecstatic with Fluker/Warmack in the first with say Minter/Carradine in the second. Honestly, this draft is impossible to figure out, everybody said the def ends were great in this draft and there's going to be a run on them ... but it's because the draft sucked and not that the de ends were great.

Tamanon

Banned
http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/62309/m...d-this-time-he-s-kissing-his-male-friend.html

Last week MediaTakeOut.com showed you photographs of NFL star Kerry Rhodes and his former assistant on vacation. After we released our pics, Kerry released a statement saying that he was "NOT GAY" and that the man in the photos was his "ASSISTANT."

Well far be it for US to question how NFL superstar Kerry Rhodes' CHARACTERIZES his own sexuality. But the relationship between him and his "assistant" - an openly gay man that goes by the name "Hollywood" - seems to be a little more than just professional.

Hmm, wonder if Kerry will come out after signing a contract.

Greg

Well Packers Gaf, we got another new fan today! My son Drake Timothy Borski!

My wife will try and turn him to the dark side (cowboys) but I have enough green and gold for him to make him see the light. LOL
Congrats! Our numbers grow...

Milchjon

Those writers are douchebags, acting like they're valiantly doing good for society:

MediaTakeOut.com is the NUMBER ONE source of urban and African American news in the world. Our staff consists of men and women, gay and straight. And while we may play around with SLANG in our writing, don't get it TWISTED - we have the UTMOST RESPECT for all people, regardless of their sexuality.

But we are also a NEWS organization. Every day we, and other entertainment news organizations, report on the dating and personal lives of heterosexual celebrities. Sometimes those same heterosexual celebrities would rather that we DIDN'T report on their personal lives. But that is what entertainment news reporting is all about.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SHAMEFUL about being LGBT. It's not an "insult" to speculate whether a person is engaged in a homosexual relationship. For years, news organizations would PRETEND that homosexual relationships did NOT EXIST amongst celebrities. They pretended that there were NO professional athletes who were gay. They pretended that NO entertainers could POSSIBLY be gay. And those same organizations, by NEGLECTING TO REPORT THE TRUTH, helped to promote homophobia throughout society.

But that was the OLD way of doing things . . . and that was the OLD media. We're in a new era. MediaTakeOut.com as a policy, reports on all celebrities personal lives, regardless of their sexual orientation

I wouldn't mind Fluker (and everything I read about him seems to suggests that he's an ideal fit for the Giants)
The problem with Fluker is that he continues to be projected as a left tackle because teams seemingly want to see him that way and that's pushing him the draft board. I don't think he's a left tackle and I think it's a big reach if a team grabs him with that intention. For the purposes of the Giants? I'm fine with it. We'd be drafting him specifically as a right tackle.

squicken

hero

Stafford told reporters Tuesday that contract talks between his agent, Tom Condon, and the Lions are ongoing, but joked that he wasn't in on the calls when asked how the negotiations were going.

He did say that a new deal wasn't about breaking the bank, though.

"I want talent around me, frankly," he said. "You see guys breaking records with how much they're making and all that stuff, and honestly, you want fair market value, but I don't really care about breaking records too much. I want to break records on the field.

"I want to win games and have as many good players around me as I possibly can."

Also, snes is alive

I'd be ecstatic with Fluker/Warmack in the first with say Minter/Carradine in the second. Honestly, this draft is impossible to figure out, everybody said the def ends were great in this draft and there's going to be a run on them ... but it's because the draft sucked and not that the de ends were great.
When is Carradine's workout? That's going to either solidify him as a first rounder or he'll keep tumbling. Honestly, outside of Ansah (raw, but incredible athleticism) and Moore (yeah he had a poor workout but dude has a seemingly endless motor on film) Carradine is the only other defensive end I'd want in the first round.

Draxal

When is Carradine's workout? That's going to either solidify him as a first rounder or he'll keep tumbling. Honestly, outside of Ansah (raw, but incredible athleticism) and Moore (yeah he had a poor workout but dude has a seemingly endless motor on film) Carradine is the only other defensive end I'd want in the first round.

The 20th, I don't think he's going to be ready by training camp which is going to cause his stock to tumble like Da'Quan Bowers with the Bucs.

BBI seems to like Datone Jones as he can play the Tuck role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom