• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Every single QB will say that when interviewed. Nobody ever goes on record as wanting to have record contracts.

Also, Stafford can't command it.

He's like Romo in that he has so much leverage. Their cap is awful and he has a huge cap hit in 2013 and2014. So they have to restructure him, just like Dallas has to with Romo. I think he's going to make a lot more than people think, but the first couple of years will have manageable cap hits

Heck they may have to get it done just to sign their picks and in-season FAs

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave loves bringing joy to the world.

One day I'll follow a team that wins something, you watch!

On that day I will be the most obnoxious person ever and everyone will allow it. They'll say "I'd be mad but fuck he had a rough sports life, I'll let him have it...this one time"

Hey guys, why is Reshad Jones so awesome?

625425_4789425182026_1866242654_n.jpg

Look at that beautiful new logo underneath him (and don't mind the old one on his jacket). Man, I'm so ready for the new season.

EDIT: For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwwrz0c6Vg

The 0:48 mark really speaks to me in particular. 1:23 is also pretty fantastic.

Fantomex

How dare you!

Sorry Kave, you left yourself wide open for that one.

Hey guys, why is Reshad Jones so awesome?

Look at that beautiful new logo underneath him (and don't mind the old one on his jacket). Man, I'm so ready for the new season.

Dat Logo, I like it a lot. I'm trying to keep tabs on all the people I know who said they would never buy another dolphins item again because of the logo. The same dudes will probably say "It's growing on me" 2 weeks before the season starts. I really wish they had silver helmets though, and that the white turned to silver or gray as well.

Dat Logo, I like it a lot. I'm trying to keep tabs on all the people I know who said they would never buy another dolphins item again because of the logo. The same dudes will probably say "It's growing on me" 2 weeks before the season starts. I really wish they had silver helmets though, and that the white turned to silver or gray as well.
Hmm, I don't think I would have liked silver helmets. It would look kind of funky with their two main colors.

I didn't know how to feel about the new logo at first but honestly I'm really liking it now. My favorite part of it is the switch back to the original colors.

ChanHuk

Banned

On that day I will be the most obnoxious person ever and everyone will allow it. They'll say "I'd be mad but fuck he had a rough sports life, I'll let him have it...this one time"

You're gonna be a Pats fan?

Talon

So you'll become Andrex or Heavy?

Fantomex

Hmm, I don't think I would have liked silver helmets. It would look kind of funky with their two main colors.

I didn't know how to feel about the new logo at first but honestly I'm really liking it now. My favorite part of it is the switch back to the original colors.

See I think the silver looks niiiiiiiiice.

new-dolphins-helmet-2013.jpg

Man, that is just too much for me. Really not a fan. I'm curious to see what the new uniforms will look like, though.

On another note, over on ESPN James Walker ranked the QB's in the AFC East:

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

2. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins

3. Kevin Kolb, Buffalo Bills

4. Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins

5. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

539w.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how many prime time home games the Falcons have this year so I can go ahead and tell my boss that I'll be off the following day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Man, that is just too much for me. Really not a fan. I'm curious to see what the new uniforms will look like, though.

On another note, over on ESPN James Walker ranked the QB's in the AFC East:

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

2. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins

3. Kevin Kolb, Buffalo Bills

4. Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins

5. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

539w.jpg

That's a dumb list.

I would put Mallett and David Garrard above Sanchez with no question.

BigAT

I'd put Moore over Kolb

I didn't see much, if any, of the Dolphins last year so I don't really know how Tannehill was, but I was really surprised that Moore didn't get the starting job in Miami to begin the year. I thought he looked reasonably impressive at times two years ago, especially considering how awful the team that was surrounding him was. I guess Miami went with a long view of things and was comfortable giving Tannehill more experience, even if he wasn't the best QB on the team in the short term.

bionic77

Tell me if this is gay or weird guys.

I was listening to that Pink duet 'Learn to Love Again' and while I am not generally a fan of pop or Pink, I have to say I like the song. I heard it on the radio while reading the series The Name of the Wind (really good fantasy series for those into that sort of shit) in my car and the song fit the book really well. So much so that I put it on Youtube and listened to it for the next 30 minutes.

Yay or nay on this song? If necessary please insert personal attacks on my taste in music.

Colasante

I'm also a fan of Matt Moore. Surprised he went back to Miami. He could have started in Jacksonville. Also, it's funny that the only AFC East QB to beat the Patriots last year was Kevin Kolb.

I was listening to that Pink duet 'Learn to Love Again' and while I am not generally a fan of pop or Pink, I have to say I like the song. I heard it on the radio while reading the series The Name of the Wind (really good fantasy series for those into that sort of shit) in my car and the song fit the book really well. So much so that I put it on Youtube and listened to it for the next 30 minutes.

Yay or nay on this song? If necessary please insert personal attacks on my taste in music.

lol bionic likes Pink

Dragon

Banned

Dude I listen to Ellie Goulding and Florence, it's not gay to listen to women singers.

Milchjon

You're just getting old. You sound exactly like my dad there.

Who incidentally raised a future Pats fan. Congrats to your kids!

Thank god this convo is taking place in the basement of gaf. More than a few posters would have an aneurysm if you asked if a song made you gay or not.

Bionic is trying to get NFL age shut the fuck down!

jakncoke

Banned
Man i wish i remembered Django Unchained dvd release was today

Clearly this is your brain wanting your wife to strap on fuck you and pee on you

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm also a fan of Matt Moore. Surprised he went back to Miami. He could have started in Jacksonville. Also, it's funny that the only AFC East QB to beat the Patriots last year was Kevin Kolb.

Matt Moore is probably the smartest guy in the NFL.

Getting paid millions of dollars to not actually play football (and especially one where people are trying to kill you 30+ times a game) and live in Miami.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well Packers Gaf, we got another new fan today! My son Drake Timothy Borski!

My wife will try and turn him to the dark side (cowboys) but I have enough green and gold for him to make him see the light. LOL
Congratulations. As long as he doesn't turn out to be a Pats fan, you will have been a good father in my book.
I didn't see much, if any, of the Dolphins last year so I don't really know how Tannehill was, but I was really surprised that Moore didn't get the starting job in Miami to begin the year. I thought he looked reasonably impressive at times two years ago, especially considering how awful the team that was surrounding him was. I guess Miami went with a long view of things and was comfortable giving Tannehill more experience, even if he wasn't the best QB on the team in the short term.
I think we had this discussion before. Pretty sure that before Gerard got hurt, he was going to start. Then they rolled the dice with Tanny because Moore doesn't have enough experience to warrant putting him in front of the more talented first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom