• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmm

Awwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaah

The hype train has left the station!

The first thing Turner told TRich was he "had" Emmitt Smith? And that got TRich excited?

Poor choice of words, Norv!

Did Norv tell Weeden that he had a younger QB in Rivers? How did that go over?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I would trade up into the end of the 1st round and draft EJ.

It can be argued that it's a better idea to draft a qb low first than high second because of the contract situation (5 years vs 4). I think there will be a ton of teams trying to trade picks this year, whether or not it happens, I have no idea.

brentech

So mean.

29manning.xlarge1.jpg

Look at that young Anthony Michael Hall looking face! (put some fucking socks on Peyton!)
Lol, I said he seems cool. Both him and Peyton seem to have a good sense of humor. He just looks awful dorky at times.

And Peyton knows how to style by discarding the socks.

squicken

It can be argued that it's a better idea to draft a qb low first than high second because of the contract situation (5 years vs 4). I think there will be a ton of teams trying to trade picks this year, whether or not it happens, I have no idea.

The Bears came out today and said #20 was for sale. There's just too many sellers b/c all the value is in the early second round, unless teams will take very little in return for moving back

Just beat Mega Man 2 for the first time in my life. It's a pretty cool game but I can't help but feel like there is some major nostalgia influencing the hype.

effzee

Watching some NFLN Gamechangers show with the top prospects at certain positions.

Pretty good stuff. Teo even making jokes about himself. Talking about imaginary WRs and hes says "I'm good with imaginary stuff"

Watched the whole Chip Kelly 30 min presser. Good lord he can talk football for days. I think he spoke more in 30 minutes than Reid did in his entire 14 years here.

RIP Summerall. I think his voice was def one of the reasons football appealed to me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Picked up the Wii U version of Injustice today. The system needs a little love.

I never realized how much of a trophy whore I became until the Wii U came out.

I don't mind it on Steam because it tracks either playtime or playtime and achievements both.

I really like having that little reminder of all the games I've played!

Brinbe

Just beat Mega Man 2 for the first time in my life. It's a pretty cool game but I can't help but feel like there is some major nostalgia influencing the hype.

Nah, that game will forever be awesome. Great gameplay, memorable music. It's a classic. Although I'm still bitter we never got a Powered Up 2, damn Capcom.

And just saw that Pat Summerall passed away, RIP =(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Bears came out today and said #20 was for sale. There's just too many sellers b/c all the value is in the early second round, unless teams will take very little in return for moving back

That's what I find truly interesting about this draft. Will teams adjust the values of their picks to fit the unique nature of this draft or will they hold fast to the old trade chart? Hint: The Steelers won't be trading back. They may overpay and move up, though!

I didn't know Mooch had his own qb Camp-esque show. Watching now.

Third Manning brother must feel so inadequate at family gatherings.

How dare you talk about Peyton like that!

Nah, that game will forever be awesome. Great gameplay, memorable music. It's a classic. Although I'm still bitter we never got a Powered Up 2, damn Capcom.

And just saw that Pat Summerall passed away, RIP =(
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing its spot as a classic. If nothing else the game is incredibly influential. But yeah, the music is great and the gameplay is quite solid.

brentech

I never realized how much of a trophy whore I became until the Wii U came out.

I don't mind it on Steam because it tracks either playtime or playtime and achievements both.

I really like having that little reminder of all the games I've played!
Yea. I'm a part of the trophy whore thread. I'm trying to care less, but when I naturally get most of the trophies, I can't help but try to get the rest.
I've been getting better and playing a lot less lately. Partly because I'm far more mobile than I was even 4 months ago

bionic77

I just remember the second book having 400 pages of him having sex with a sex fairy, just went on and on and on and on.
Yeah that was excessive. Fair criticism. But some of the shit was cool. Like when fucks up those bandits.

Megaman2 is an 8 bit game. 16bit games are as good as anything today but 8 bit games show their age. But that shit was epic as fuck when it came out. You had to be there. Same with OG Super Mario, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, etc...

squicken

If he had just sucked, definitely, but he couldn't help his condition.

Same condition that Jarvis Jones has. Cooper couldn't play college ball and Jones wants to play in NFL

That's what I find truly interesting about this draft. Will teams adjust the values of their picks to fit the unique nature of this draft or will they hold fast to the old trade chart? Hint: The Steelers won't be trading back. They may overpay and move up, though!

For who? Gotta figure MIA or SD will move back if they miss out on their OT of choice

Yeah that was excessive. Fair criticism. But some of the shit was cool. Like when fucks up those bandits.

Megaman2 is an 8 bit game. 16bit games are as good as anything today but 8 bit games show their age. But that shit was epic as fuck when it came out. You had to be there. Same with OG Super Mario, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, etc...

The problem really is that Qvothe knows everything and can get out of any situation, no matter how crazy it is. World's deadliest poison? He has an antidote. Crazy sex fairy queen? He's the only man to escape. Three of this nine strings break on this banjo (or whatever he was playing)? He continues to play the hardest song in the world to perfection.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
For who? Gotta figure MIA or SD will move back if they miss out on their OT of choice
Imo, there's only one player worth trading up for, if you're the Steelers, and that's Tavon Austin. The 'Fins at 12 would be a good spot, if he's still on the board.

bionic77

The problem really is that Qvothe knows everything and can get out of any situation, no matter how crazy it is. World's deadliest poison? He has an antidote. Crazy sex fairy queen? He's the only man to escape. Three of this nine strings break on this banjo (or whatever he was playing)? He continues to play the hardest song in the world to perfection.
That is not a problem. That is who he is. He is a genius so it makes sense that he uses his brain and willpower to get through those situations. It's the story of how he became a legend. What did you expect? Stories about epic gifs he created for the NPD thread?

Imo, there's only one player worth trading up for, if you're the Steelers, and that's Tavon Austin. The 'Fins at 12 would be a good spot, if he's still on the board.

That's true if you're not thinking top 5. I mean they could use Milliner or Jordan or Ansah but they'd need to give up quite a bit to jump that high.

That is not a problem. That is who he is. He is a genius so it makes sense that he uses his brain and willpower to get through those situations. It's the story of how he became a legend. What did you expect? Stories about epic gifs he created for the NPD thread?

I expect him to not be an utterly perfect d-bag, I guess. He's becoming less interesting because of it IMO.

I guess I'm used to a hero with faults. Qvothe is too good to be true.

Of course maybe Rothfuss is setting us up to believe this.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That's true if you're not thinking top 5. I mean they could use Milliner or Jordan or Ansah but they'd need to give up quite a bit to jump that high.

In any other draft, those guys wouldn't be top 5 picks. So it gets back to the original discussion: how will teams value those spots?

squicken

I have been all over the WR map and it just comes down to Austin being the one guy I feel okay with as a first rounder. Allen and Patterson off the field stuff makes them second round guys. I like Nuke Hopkins, but think his game is like a cross between Plax and Wayne, but he's not as tall as Plax or as quick and fast as Reggie

Right. And frankly I'd rather trade down and get more picks, because I think we're in a tough spot at 17. Not a lot of impact players there unless teams ahead of us go reaching for QBs, leaving potential gems in the mix. But we have so many holes that we need depth.

First round sucks after about #12. It's all second round talent in any other draft from 13-70

In any other draft, those guys wouldn't be top 5 picks. So it gets back to the original discussion: how will teams value those spots?

Right. And frankly I'd rather trade down and get more picks, because I think we're in a tough spot at 17. Not a lot of impact players there unless teams ahead of us go reaching for QBs, leaving potential gems in the mix. But we have so many holes that we need depth.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

That's been my position all along. Move away from 17 if at all possible. Since the Steelers haven't shown a proclivity for trading down, I'm now putting my effort into trading up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
WTF?

I just saw that condom snorting shit that these kids are doing now.

What happened to using a condom for good old fashioned intercourse?

squicken

That's been my position all along. Move away from 17 if at all possible. Since the Steelers haven't shown a proclivity for trading down, I'm now putting my effort into trading up.

Let's say Austin goes to BUF at 8. PITT is a 17 and JAX wants to trade up for a QB. What is your goal as far as trade back? In a bad draft, what is the adjusted expectation?

jakncoke

Banned
Coming off a season in which he started 15 games and set the franchise record for passing yards, you'd think he'd be in a comfortable position with a new league year underway.

article needs to reword this, because weeden yards was browns 10th best. brian sipe still got the record with 4132, perhaps they mean rookie record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom