• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

The "grief" Phillies fans get is generally for being baseball Luddites and is generally done in a considerate (if not condescending) fashion. Like patting the slow kid on the head as you try to teach them the alphabet.

No. I just can't turn my back on Ryan Howard. He was once a great player.

Probably a result of the great (terrible) 3 page RBI debate of 2011.

Was I at the center of that defending Howard and his RBIs? Those were better days for the Phillies.

Still there's like no major releases for the WiiU in the next few months. It's a barren wasteland until Pikmin.

360 and PS3 were barren wastelands their first years as well. This is how console launches work. Lets see what comes out for it during its 2nd year and beyond.

No. I just can't turn my back on Ryan Howard. He was once a great player.

He would have lead the NL in RBI's last year if he played the full year.

:p

Dragon

Banned
360 and PS3 were barren wastelands their first years as well. This is how console launches work. Lets see what comes out for it during its 2nd year and beyond.

The 360's launch lineup is better than the first six months of the WiiU. Nintendo hasn't supported their home consoles in seemingly three years.

Wes

venison crêpe
We moved back far too much that time. Id rather not do it again unless it includes at least 3 first rounders this time. xD

I love trading back. We're not going to get a difference maker at 6 (I'd only class Dion Jordan as potentially a difference maker for us here). Falcons are going after a #1 CB by the sounds of it but that doesn't make much sense as there's no stand out player and there's a fair bit of depth to CB around the end of the first and second rounds. We have that quality CB already. Whilst taking Milliner too would be awesome we don't necessarily need it. We could pick up a good partner for him in the second or third rounds.

Plus we're going to get a BONANZA of picks and it'll give us a ton of ammo to go up and get one of the many QBs coming out next year. If needed.

squicken

It was a 3DS event.

haha that would explain it!
--
@SI_PeterKing: Hearing the Falcons are trying to trade up from number 30 in the first round, and not, obviously, for a QB

I like Dimitroff. Good teams don't need lots of picks. They need impact players. He gets that

I love trading back. We're not going to get a difference maker at 6 (I'd only class Dion Jordan as potentially a difference maker for us here). Falcons are going after a #1 CB by the sounds of it but that doesn't make much sense as there's no stand out player and there's a fair bit of depth to CB around the end of the first and second rounds. We have that quality CB already. Whilst taking Milliner too would be awesome we don't necessarily need it. We could pick up a good partner for him in the second or third rounds.

Plus we're going to get a BONANZA of picks and it'll give us a ton of ammo to go up and get one of the many QBs coming out next year. If needed.

Just the problem with Falcons picks, is the team is very good. This years pick is very high, next years will be very high, and even the next years. The Browns are fielding a moore competitive team, yes. However, there comes a point when you need more playmakers.

If Jordan, or Millner aren't there, I'd rather go to 11 or 12 and get a 2nd rather than end of the first and then very very late picks next year or whenever.

squicken

Except for Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman.

I also don't like Belichick. But I acknowledge that all of them are good at what they do. And there are lots of awful teams and GMs and coaches. Tennessee is terrible. The only reason I can't say they'll be picking #1 is b/c the AFC has so many dreadful teams that it's impossible to know who will win when awful meets awful. Like that Titans-Jets game last year. The AFC will have 2 or 3 of those every week

Dragon

Banned

I think it's funny to see you people whine about this, months later. snes basically said fuck you to the mods in a chat room. He dug his own grave. I didn't expose him maliciously.

Personally I'm more upset about LJ not posting here because of ari than snes crying every five seconds about his fat quarterback.

Milchjon

Faceshirt

Haha, how did I miss that.

AR-121009954.jpg&MaxW=620

Milchjon

Minicamp roundup:

1. New Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith connected on a deep touchdown to Terrance Copper over new Chiefs cornerback Dunta Robinson during Smith's first day at the helm.

"He puts the ball on the money," cornerback Brandon Flowers told the Kansas City Star.

Translation: At least he's better than Matt Cassel.

11. It only took one day for the Associated Press to say Blaine Gabbert "struggled" in his first minicamp session. We'd warn against any evaluations on performance until training camp. These are teaching sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom