• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am pretty sure I still have the my original Earthbound SNES cart laying somewhere around the house. Still have the playguide that came with it too.

squicken

I know we only have one Chargers fan here, but they almost have to trade up. It's not just the 3 OTs. Seeing lots of stuff that has Warmack and Cooper gone in the top 10 as well. The Titans are committed to stopping Watt and building an inside run game. They will draft a guard at 10

I hope the Jets keep Revis. Not only would he go to TB, who the Rams play, but that extra pick would let them tack Austin

Matt Dodge?
Poor kid (a 7th rounder by the way). He was a disaster but I still say that Eagles loss wasn't on him. He wasn't on the defensive side of the ball for those last 8 minutes.

Neither was the Giants defense if we're being real. That one stupid kick killed his career which is unfortunate as he had a pretty great preseason the year after.

The one positive is we got Weatherford out of the deal!

Dragon

Banned
Poor kid (a 7th rounder by the way). He was a disaster but I still say that Eagles loss wasn't on him. He wasn't on the defensive side of the ball for those last 8 minutes.

Neither was the Giants defense if we're being real. That one stupid kid killed his career which is unfortunate as he had a pretty great preseason the year after.

The one positive is we got Weatherford out of the deal!

We're going to the fucking Super Bowl! Can't help but be happy for a guy who's genuinely like a kid fulfilling a dream.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Milchjon

That shit is worth a lot of money.

h7C7CDC57

Fantomex

Hhhnnnnnngggg Earthbound.

I don't know if I'll even end up buying one of the consoles this gen, though. Will wait to check out the inevitable Mario/Zelda Wii U games at least.

Man, whats funny about Gaf is that with these Nintendo announcement a lot of people get banned for dumb comments. On a side note, people are loving the Wii-U because a 20 year old port is coming to the system in Rom form with no enhancements?

189.gif

effzee

How do you know that the WiiU wont finish first this coming gen? Wii finished first by a mile, and the 720/PS4 are not even out. For all we know they can go price crazy again. Plus hasnt the weakest console spec wise won every gen? The WiiU definitely has that wrapped up.

Yeah but the Wii did amazing #s right out of the gate and it actually forced MS and Sony to introduce their own motion controls.

Wii U is in a completely different environment right now. They might finish as high as #2 but no way are they going finish on top. Personally I just want them to be profitable so they can keep making their games and systems.

ChanHuk

Banned
Can we bring up feminine music again?

I listen to Feist, fuck the haters, COME AT ME BROS! (Defend me shirtless/pantsless bros)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well the original Earthbound cart should drop in price now that they're finally rereleasing it.

Konami needs to hurry up and put Suikoden II up on PSN already.

cdyhybrid

Man, whats funny about Gaf is that with these Nintendo announcement a lot of people get banned for dumb comments.

Don't really feel sorry for any of them. Everyone knows the deal when you post on Gaming side.

I still have my Earthbound cart too. I will never sell it though.

Fox318

Wii U will finish the Gen where it should be. In the electronics section of a CVS next to the $25 android tablet and gathering dust.

More excited for the 3DS announcements than anything for the Wii U (outside of the April update which is making me quite happy) but I will say that at least Netherealm put together a great port of Injustice on the console. Enjoyed what I played of it yesterday. While the online has one significant omissions that's likely to be patched back in soon (no private matches!), it performed well in the ranked matches I played and the game runs/looks stellar in all the modes I tried.

The offscreen play is an added bonus that doesn't seem like it adds much until you get it home and then use it more than you ever expected.

So much awesome Nintendo news today. Bravely Default, New Zelda and Earthbound are all day 1 buys. Probably that new Mario & Luigi as well.

Things I learned from Gaming side today:

Every sequel is a cash grab based on nostalgia.

It is funny that people complain about how similar sequels are to the original game, but then a game like Gears of War Judgement comes along, and everyone cries that they changed things.

Talon

Sports questions: Would you rather have a largely free marketplace in place sans cap a la the EPL (ignoring the "nationals" rule that's...vaguely enforced) and La Liga or the cabal-like system of the american sports leagues like the NFL and the NBA?

cdyhybrid

Sports questions: Would you rather have a largely free marketplace in place sans cap a la the EPL (ignoring the "nationals" rule that's...vaguely enforced) and La Liga or the cabal-like system of the american sports leagues like the NFL and the NBA?

The cabal-like system. It encourages parity which usually leads to a more entertaining product.

Milchjon

The Bundesliga is down to two competitive clubs, as are many other European leagues. The cap is much preferable.

Edit: Bayern München just won the championship after 28 games of a 34 game season.

Dragon

Banned

I won't defend some of Jordan's books certainly (Especially Crossroads and Path of Daggers, blech). But Nintendo recently has done some really uninspired sequels with the New Super Mario Bros. series. The 3DS is the 3DS, it's down YOY but it's still the most successful thing they have going. I won't knock them supporting it, I just wonder if it'd be better to have some of these devs working on new IP for the WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom