• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m

Numbers not precise but not far off: Matthews deal worth about $65 million in new money, including about $31 million gtd.

cdyhybrid

You can't really though, it doesn't bend well at all. Those hats are fucking terrible. At least on white people.

Don't worry white people, for an extra $5 you can buy a little device to perfectly curve the brim for you!

Maybe yo boys.

It's not the brim, actually, it's the fitted thing.

Flex stretch hats are perfect.

Unfortunately the worst designs are given to them nowadays.

Don't wear hats but I agree. I don't mind the fitted flat brims but my head makes finding one that fits comfortably a pain.

Colasante

Uhhh... what?

That's some dumb shit

tim_tizzy.jpg

eznark

Banned
Seems like most of the guaranteed money for Clay is front loaded:

Yeah, they'll be able to stagger the AAV with Rodgers allowing them to have more flexibility with the cap. It's fucking fantastic for GB that they both are with the same agency.

If you are worried about these contracts you're a moron or a ginger or both.

If you are worried about these contracts you're a moron or a ginger or both.
Unless a team is astoundingly bad at managing the cap (the Raiders), pretty much yeah. It's an illusion more often than not considering all of the tricks that can be done to loosen cap space.

effzee

Eagles updates:

@Jeff_McLane
Chip Kelly has post-practice shakes for each player, lined up with their names on the cups.
BIE1yNUCYAAgfnf.jpg

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 20m
Vick said he did a lot of read option today in practice, said he made good strides from yesterday
Expand

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 20m
Vick: We've done a lot of read option.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 18m
Vick: Nick can run. Everybody got 2 legs.

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 18m
Vick also said running QB won't get hurt in Chip's offense. How so? "You'll see." #cantwatchpractice

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 9m
Mike Vick looked to be in very good shape. More muscular than in past. #Eagles

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 53m
Michael Vick looks about as muscular as I've ever seen him, especially in the upper body area.

effzee

Vick out by the first half confirmed

I watched the Vick interview. About as relaxed and jovial I have seen him in a long time.

When he answered the question about taking hits in a read option offense, he smiled and said "you'll see we don't need to take hits in Chip's offense" then some reporter blurted out "what about sliding?". After everyone was finished giggling the new muscular upper chest heavy Vick replied "that's option 2".

I still think Vick should consider my idea of him being the spokesman for Vicks vapor rub. Think of the possibilities!

cashman

Banned
So there was big 3DS news today?

edit: I like how I'd rather come in this thread for gaming news rather than go to the gaming side.

effzee

The shake is HGH fortified raw stem cells

More on the shakes and nutrition:

http://blogs.mcall.com/eagles/2013/04/the-eagles-new-post-practice-personalized-smoothies.html

"They're just showing us nutrition, you know, taking care of our bodies," Curry said. "Some of us don't get enough vitamins that we need."

When asked if the team is watching their vitamin intake, Curry noted, "Oh yeah, they monitor everything. You just have to (write down what flavors) you like, and what you don't like... I got mango, peanut butter, and banana."

This team is about to fuck some people up!

squicken

It's Cheatin' Chip's Concentrated Competition Confection!

Favorite color blue? That's some dynabol for you. Has weight lifting got you down? Try the crank in the shake that's brown. "Hey coach what's in the yellow"? That's a Seattle Special, my good fellow!

Milchjon

Favorite color blue? That's some dynabol for you. Has weight lifting got you down? Try the crank in the shake that's brown. "Hey coach what's in the yellow"? That's a Seattle Special, my good fellow!

:jnc

Too bad there aren't any snake oil salesmen anymore. You'd have a great future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJqLDCfXvc

Terry Bradshaw in 1983 and his response to Elway forcing a trade to Denver. ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 on that QB class. The clip is funny for how something like that would never get said now, and b/c Bradshaw being Bradshaw

The somewhat ironic thing is that Bradshaw underwent surgery that offseason and missed every game but one against the Jets late in the season and then retired. They played Elway and the Broncos in week 1 but lost 14-10 as they turned the ball over 7 times, 3 picks for Cliff Stoudt in for Bradshaw. However, Elway was yanked after going 1 of 8 for 14 yards and a pick.

Well, look at that, the whole game is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Lb6_u81MpFo

WedgeX

Banned
If that happens, Mayhew needs to be fired instantly. Just awful. What is Kiper thinking? They'd have to give up at least 2 other picks to move up, which they can't afford.

Why not just stay put and grab one of the OTs that would fall to them?

The NFL has been sold to TNT. The Lions have been type-cast as the high-drama club. We Lions fans are doomed.

At least thats how I interpret Kiper's rationale.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Guys. Calm down. The Lions are going to score more points than Kareem. You guys don't need any defenders but the Stomper.

WedgeX

Banned
Guys. Calm down. The Lions are going to score more points than Kareem. You guys don't need any defenders but the Stomper.

He is also going to kick all of our field goals. These "stomping" incidents were really just him practicing for Hanson's job.

JABEE

:jnc

The best

effzee

Damn so much salt. I'd insult you, your team, and your FO but where would I even begin...

Shakes look delicious! Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom