• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He is also going to kick all of our field goals. These "stomping" incidents were really just him practicing for Hanson's job.

No, we've got David "Noodle leg" Akers and a Youtube viral sensation for kickers. We're clearly fine.

Milchjon

stop saying shake!

Shake! Shake! Shake!

zKI9T.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The NeoGAF Draft (Shirtless Edition) is born!

Password = Fatfort (with the capital)

'You People' should join!

I'm also looking at you, Snes! (in case you're reading this).

I'm in and already preparing for the massive disappointment of them drafting Ziggy Ansah :/

I'm replaying GTA IV for the eleventy-hundredth time and I never noticed how obscenely deep the internet is.

So many pages.

Spent 30 minutes browsing two sites on it. Craziness.

brentech

GTA4 was boring as shit compared to San Andreas and 3

Yes. It's not the same game. They tried to make a more serious realistic tone, that's not everyone's choice.

I think they underestimate people that just want to play a game how they want and how creative they'll be to make it that way. So, V should give you the freedom back to fuck around and go on crazy rampages floating through the sky that IV could not.

I enjoy both versions of their world.

Godslay

Banned

I know certain people will get offended by the new game because it is intentionally made to be nostalgic and could never compare to the classic, but certain games do it just right. When you deviate from that it can be better, OoT for instance, but most of the time it just sucks, for instance Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. The original game did it right, and to not follow that formula and attempt to improve on it is a shame really. It's perfect for a handheld as well.

San Andreas was the pinnacle of the series.

Here's hoping they can get the magic back.

edit: Mayock's conference call transcript.

I know certain people will get offended by the new game because it is intentionally made to be nostalgic and could never compare to the classic, but certain games do it just right. When you deviate from that it can be better, OoT for instance, but most of the time it just sucks, for instance Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. The original game did it right, and to not follow that formula and attempt to improve on it is a shame really. It's perfect for a handheld as well.

It's best to ignore pretty much any bitching about Zelda. You'll live longer.

Godslay

Banned
It's best to ignore pretty much any bitching about Zelda. You'll live longer.

Yeah, I know. I just think it's funny how fragmented everyone is over each game. I've enjoyed them all, some more than others, but the games cut from the first NES game/Lttp vein are my favorites. That could very well be my bias coloring my perspective though.

Milchjon

What the fuck, you assholes?

MY EYES!!!

He looks pretty happy. Why you hatin?

It was the first result for "shake gif"

GTA4 is good stuff. Undeserved GAF hate

It's probably the only time I ever agreed with the GAF backlash. I'll never forgive them for sucking all the fun out of riding motorcycles, which were incredible in San Andreas.

The add ons were much better. Gay Tony was the best, because they brought some of the ridiculousness back that's just a necessary component of GTA.

Yes. Still play it to this day. Especially when I need to relax. So much variety, and almost all of it is fun. Biking through the countryside = the best.

According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.

The source said talks have gotten to the point a physical for Albert is expected to occure, which is one of the necessary steps involved in pulling off a trade of this magnitude. Albert must pass the physical, then trade terms must be agreed to, and it is likely that a multi-year deal between Miami and Albert must be worked out.

A team source said "the process has just begun," and admitted it is possible the Dolphins could wait until the first or second day of the draft, weighing all the options before finalizing a deal.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75479869/

No one can dispute this.

I find it funny though that fans on the boards wanted a dark, seedy, underground GTA ever since III came out and then R* makes one and it's virtually unanimously the least popular of the games.

Although I love IV and am going to miss its realism in V. I'd even argue they didn't push things far enough.

I agree in most respects but it has it's fair share of flaws/omissions.

I just hope they don't fuck with the friend system too much for V.

Really enjoyed that as well.
UGH. The worst part of the game for me. Hope they burned the original design document that suggested it in a bin somewhere and forget it ever existed.

UGH. The worst part of the game for me. Hope they burned the original design document that suggested it in a bin somewhere and forget it ever existed.
The two things wrong with it were that they should've given you options to disable certain friends (or all of them) and that your friends gave you a thumbs down when you didn't want to hang.

It made me feel like an asshole and I'm sure that's a no-no.

But I loved hanging with them, getting chatter about current events/mission happenings, etc. I thought it was pretty immersive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom