• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not 2010 anymore bro. Cowboys suck from the first month these days.

The Pats are where you go for a guaranteed laugh in the postseason.

On second thought the funniest thing I've seen was Tebow torching the vaunted Steelers defense.Or seeing David Garrard bust an 85 yard run on the Steelers.

MechDX

On second thought the funniest thing I've seen was Tebow torching the vaunted Steelers defense.Or seeing David Garrard bust an 85 yard run on the Steelers.

hennelol2.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Sports-wise, nothing will ever top the loss by the Pats after the constant fellatio of the media during their fabulous run to 19-0.

bionic77

Tebow winning was inspirational.

And while Garrard running by our whole defense spoiling Bens historic comeback was painful I wouldn't think you would find it funny seeing as how it is the high point of your team.

jakncoke

Banned
google needs to come east ffs. 3rd city will likely be Provo Utah. all they need to do gets a council to approve the sale of the existing fiber network, then they'll go in and upgrade the infrastructure

Anyone here serve in the military?

I have a science degree, almost no family, and student loans to payoff along with a desire to leave the midwest.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/55284/breaking-down-wrs-after-tavon-austin

McShay has some unkind stuff on Robert Woods

McShay: "I think you have to look at the whole picture and what has gone on throughout his career and the ups and downs. It might amount to nothing … The thing so often that's difficult to predict is, in addition, what are guys going to do when they have all this free time on their hands. … He could end up in Atlanta with a guy like Roddy White who will be [on him] all day … and he'll be fine. Or he could go to Detroit, where Calvin Johnson is the greatest guy in the world but he's not going to get on you for making mistakes. He's not that kind of leader. If [Woods] is not going to be around guys that are going to make him accountable, maybe he's not the player he would be if he goes to an Atlanta and plays with Roddy White. That's the tricky part. That's why there is some more risk with him, because he's not necessarily the greatest self-starter."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You'd be wrong (not the first time today by the way!). 2004 ALCS is the ultimate fuck you.

The 2004 ALCS was great, I'll admit. But a) it's baseball. And 2) I didn't have to listen to espn tell me that the Yankees were the greatest assembly of men since Leonidas' crew for 3 months.

Dragon

Banned
The 2004 ALCS was great, I'll admit. But a) it's baseball. And 2) I didn't have to listen to espn tell me that the Yankees were the greatest assembly of men since Leonidas' crew for 3 months.

The '07 Patriots had the greatest point differential in NFL history, considering the salary cap and all that (and the fact I'm a Pats fan), the first half of the year where Belichick was flipping off Spygate and the NFL was amazing. When they started barely winning (and in the playoffs they really struggled with San Diego in the Championship game, even with Rivers having a gimpy leg) I think people realized that they weren't the same team. You won't get any flack from me, but for them to lose the way they did was only eclipsed by the '03 Sox loss in the ALCS as the worst sports moment of my life. I get why you'd hate that year but for me it was awesome (with the Sox winning it all as well).

Kiryu

I just realized something if Barry Sanders won Madden 25 cover...

It's Detroit Lions' second conservative win of Detroit Lions Player on the Madden Cover...

*Votes Adrian Peterson*

Colasante

Dragon

Banned
I just realized something if Barry Sanders won Madden 25 cover...

It's Detroit Lions' second conservative win of Detroit Lions Player on the Madden Cover...

*Votes Adrian Peterson*

Consecutive, although one could say Madden is indeed going conservative with picking a Lions player, considering it won't really impact the NFL playoff race...

Kiryu

Consecutive, although one could say Madden is indeed going conservative with picking a Lions player, considering it won't really impact the NFL playoff race...
Sorry my bad vocabulary. Ah. I guess I am going to vote for this cover then.

ae9c3e57-e332-4eb5-8771-5cd9250d0a00

squicken

Interesting stuff. I was big on Patterson for a long time, but now I'm starting to come around to thinking Justin Hunter might be the best fit for the Patriots. Greg Cosell is crazy about him. None of the wide receivers are perfect, but they at least collectively seem like a better grouping than the running backs.

Hunter has the worst drops, and he's so small. Smaller than Mike Wallace. He seems like a guy you would take in the 3rd round, but not the first. Like most WRs in the draft

Anyone here serve in the military?

I have a science degree, almost no family, and student loans to payoff along with a desire to leave the midwest.

Enlist and have them put you through medical school. I work with two doctors who did this, and it's genius. You do your time and come out with zero debt ready to make that doctor pay.

Colasante

Hunter has the worst drops, and he's so small. Smaller than Mike Wallace. He seems like a guy you would take in the 3rd round, but not the first. Like most WRs in the draft

Do you mean he plays small? He's 6'4. The drops are terrible, but ideally those mental miscues can be fixed. You can't teach big and fast though.

mr2xxx

Banned
Old School was a terrible movie

If you guys wondered why I stopped posting here, it's posts like this.

Alright no one wondered that but still :jnc needs to :blarry himself, not the new happy, SB winning Flacco loving :blarry but the sad pathetic, Flacco hating :blarry we all used to love.

squicken

60-70 dead? fuck

Do you mean he plays small? He's 6'4. The drops are terrible, but ideally those mental miscues can be fixed. You can't teach big and fast though.

I mean thin. He's tall but doesn't really win in the air b/c his frame is so slight. Not just the drops but drops after contact

Dragon

Banned
Wait why is Old School a terrible movie? It doesn't hold up as well on subsequent viewings but I'm assuming that's hyperbole right? You want terrible raunchy college movies watch any of the direct to DVD sequels of American Pie.

bionic77

Enlist and have them put you through medical school. I work with two doctors who did this, and it's genius. You do your time and come out with zero debt ready to make that doctor pay.
It is a good deal, my uncle did this, but he bitched about the years he had to give back after his training was done. But he is an orthopedic surgeon and 95% of those guys are miserable all the time.

If the doctor thing doesn't work out, getting a cozy Fed job is pretty sweet as well. And vets are favored for those jobs (though the way things are going I don't know how much the federal government is hiring these days).

I would be cautious about joining the military though after 9/11. It isn't just getting VD in the Pacific anymore. You could be called into action if you are a solder. Probably better to be a tech or something that is away from combat zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom