• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The somewhat ironic thing is that Bradshaw underwent surgery that offseason and missed every game but one against the Jets late in the season and then retired. They played Elway and the Broncos in week 1 but lost 14-10 as they turned the ball over 7 times, 3 picks for Cliff Stoudt in for Bradshaw. However, Elway was yanked after going 1 of 8 for 14 yards and a pick.

Well, look at that, the whole game is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Lb6_u81MpFo

It still drives me crazy to this fucking day that the Steelers didn't draft hometown boy Dan Marino.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck

Enlist and have them put you through medical school. I work with two doctors who did this, and it's genius. You do your time and come out with zero debt ready to make that doctor pay.

Yeah, that is more or less the plan. That or work for the FBI afterward.

I feel like Im ahead of the pack in the sense that I get that the military isnt a cake, free job. It can be cool and shitty, I'm fine with that. Its just that its 4-8 years, and thats a commitment.

Not to mention that it would suck if I did well on my ASVAB test (which Im pretty sure Ill ace) and I ended up working as a laundry guy because of the bullshit I've read.

G.I Joe Retaliation was surprisingly good. Ton of callbacks to the comics.

I like that film directors are resisting the urge to shit up the source material. Somebody tell that to Michael Bay please.

bionic77

Fun fact about Kingpin. The director tells the Nerdist podcast that in the scene at the end where Murray had to roll 3 strikes on the last frame to win that he did it in one take. And that is why the crowd goes nuts.

Posted? Kipers newest mock

1. DET from KC - Dee Milliner
2. JAX - Luke Joeckel
3. OAK - Sharrif Floyd
4. PHI - Dion Jordan
5. KC from DET - Eric Fisher
6. SD from CLE - Lane Johnson
7. ARZ - Barkevious Mingo
8. BUF - Ezekiel Ansah
9. NYJ - Jarvis Jones
10. TEN - Jonathan Cooper
11. CLE from SD - Chance Warmack
12. MIA - D.J. Fluker
13. TB - Star Lotulelei
14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson
15. NO - Manti Te'o
16. STL - Tavon Austin
17. PIT - Tyler Eifert
18. DAL - Sylvester Williams
19. NYG - Alec Ogletree
20. CHI - Kyle Long
21. CIN - Kenny Vaccaro
22. STL - Eddie Lacy
23. MIN - Cordarrelle Patterson
24. IND - Desmond Trufant
25. PHI from MIN - Geno Smith
26. GB - Johnathan Cyprien
27. HOU - Menelik Watson
28. DEN - Xavier Rhodes
29. NE - Jamar Taylor
30. ATL - Zach Ertz
31. SF - Datone Jones
32. BAL - Kevin Minter

Fun fact about Kingpin. The director tells the Nerdist podcast that in the scene at the end where Murray had to roll 3 strikes on the last frame to win that he did it in one take. And that is why the crowd goes nuts.

if you told me bill murray rolled a billion strikes in a row i would believe it

Oakland gets a bad rap, but I'm up here for a few days and its nice as shit. Any other time I've been here its been lovely as well. I don't get it.

Football related: The Ravens boards and people I know are so sure Baltimore is trading up for Tavon Austin.

No way it happens. Only way we get Austin is if he falls to us. So, no way it happens.

cashman

Banned
Oakland gets a bad rap, but I'm up here for a few days and its nice as shit. Any other time I've been here its been lovely as well. I don't get it.

image.php

squicken

Fair last year, sure. Not even close to being fair this year.

Last year:

STL gives: #2

WAS gives: #6 #38, 2013 first round pick, 2014 first round pick

That's the problem. Value is all skewd. New salary structure and a bad draft means no one has real idea what that pick is worth. KC will be reluctant to take what was proposed there, I'd guess. It's why I'm not so sure there will be much movement in the top 10. Albert being traded seems more likely for KC-MIA

effzee

Jordan and Geno in the first? If that's how it went down I wouldn't be mad. Though they could stay at pick 34 and select Geno or EJ if Kiper is assuming Geno would be available at 25.

Fantomex

I think it also depends on the QB position for that particular year. I can almost guarantee people are gonna trade 4-5 picks to try and get Manziel. However this year it seems KC can't even give it away. Who was the last great Offensive lineman supposedly? Jake Long? Pfft.

I don't think a formula can hold the test of time for trading picks.

Lunchbox

Banned
I think it also depends on the QB position for that particular year. I can almost guarantee people are gonna trade 4-5 picks to try and get Manziel. However this year it seems KC can't even give it away. Who was the last great Offensive lineman supposedly? Jake Long? Pfft.

Matt Wall of light

Goat lineman

squicken

I don't think Long was ever thought of like Ogden. It's been awhile since a guy like he or Pace

MechDX

Matt Wall of light

Goat lineman

Matt Kalil is the goat.

You crazy kids...

bmatthewsx.jpg

The Houston Oilers drafted Matthews with the ninth overall pick in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft. In Houston, he blocked for the legendary Earl Campbell and eventually played all line positions (guard, center and tackle), going to the Pro Bowl as a guard and center. He was selected to fourteen Pro Bowls in all, tying a league record held by Merlin Olsen. Matthews was also named First-team All-Pro nine times (1988–1993, 1998–2000) and All-AFC 12 seasons (1988–1993, 1995–2000). He was selected as a guard on the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 1990s. Matthews spent his entire career with the Oilers franchise, which relocated after the 1996 season and became the Tennessee Titans. An extremely durable player, Matthews retired after the 2001 season having played more games (296) than any NFL player, excluding kickers and punters (since surpassed by Jerry Rice and also bested by Brett Favre; Matthews still holds the record for linemen), and played in more seasons (19) than any offensive lineman. He never missed a game because of injury (the 1987 season was shortened due to a player strike), and started 229 consecutive games

The definition of GOAT. Now get off my fucking lawn!

Walter Jones ?

jakncoke

Banned
If you guys wondered why I stopped posting here, it's posts like this.

Alright no one wondered that but still :jnc needs to :blarry himself, not the new happy, SB winning Flacco loving :blarry but the sad pathetic, Flacco hating :blarry we all used to love.

You stopped posting here because you are a chocha for whatever reason not because of my truth bombs! Now get back here to watch Kirk Cousins teach RG3 not to tear his ACL

JaxJag

Banned
Sports-wise, nothing will ever top the loss by the Pats after the constant fellatio of the media during their fabulous run to 19-0.

The first 16 years of the Jags franchise is leaps & bounds better than what the Steelers did in their first 16 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom