• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

go gata

wjniyrvudlrw.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuck. Just realized my CCNA class is Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-10. God damnit. Now I hate this new Draft format

I despise having the draft on Thursday night. Putting it on a work day was such a fucked up thing to do. I used to go every year but now there is no way I can go. The Eagles even have a draft party that is free for season ticket holders but I cant go to that either since I would get home so late. It was so much better as a Saturday and Sunday thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I despise having the draft on Thursday night. Putting it on a work day was such a fucked up thing to do. I used to go every year but now there is no way I can go. The Eagles even have a draft party that is free for season ticket holders but I cant go to that either since I would get home so late. It was so much better as a Saturday and Sunday thing.

Goodell putting the draft on Thursday night is probably the best thing he's done for the league. It deserves to be in prime time, it increases the ratings in a huge way, and doesn't cram the entire thing on one day, which was ridiculous for teams. Great, great idea.

Also, ONE WEEK!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuuck. Just realized my CCNA class is Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-10. God damnit. Now I hate this new Draft format
Yeah I have a class 730 to around 950ish at latest on Thurdays, luckily it's just a review session next week so my teacher might cancel or I'm just gonn ask what's going on. I had to rush home last year after class for the draft

Fluker seems like a worst case scenario for the Dolphins if they go for an offensive tackle. If they draft a RT that would pretty much cement J. Martin as their LT, and if you're going that route why use your first overall pick to reach for a guy like Fluker? In my opinion they should either trade up to get one of the top three LT's, hope that one of those guys lasts until 12 (Lane Johnson is the only possibility there), don't pick a tackle, or trade down. RT just seems stupid, especially when the only option is a reach to begin with.

Goodell putting the draft on Thursday night is probably the best thing he's done for the league. It deserves to be in prime time, it increases the ratings in a huge way, and doesn't cram the entire thing on one day, which was ridiculous for teams. Great, great idea.

Also, ONE WEEK!!!!

People that watch the NFL draft are already football fans, increasing the drafts ratings doesnt bring in any new fans. Teams also had no problem with the draft spread over 2 days for like 80 years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People that watch the NFL draft are already football fans, increasing the drafts ratings doesnt bring in any new fans. Teams also had no problem with the draft spread over 2 days for like 80 years.

Uh, so? Who cares? Every television show runs on ratings and advertising money. The ratings increased dramatically since the move to Thursday night. That means more advertising money. Plus, I'm not getting how having more people watching couldn't bring in new fans. Come on.

Also, when the move occurred, several analysts talked about how scouts were saying it put them in a much better position to have the break before the 2nd and 3rd round.

Plinko

WedgeX

Banned
Call me Matt Millen, but if the Lions took this guy at #5 I wouldn't mind. This guy would be the perfect complement to CJ and they desperately need a guy like this to return kicks. I'd much rather have him then Ziggy Ansah.

I don't even know you any more.

effzee

So I am not familiar with the schedule show the NFLN is doing tonight.

Are they going to make it overly dramatic, drag it out, and do a 1-2 hour show only to announce the games at the last minute?

I'm at work until 830pm and won't get home till 10pm. I just want the schedule in a list format asap @ 8PM please.

I want to know when we play that walrus and his new team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Call me Matt Millen, but if the Lions took this guy at #5 I wouldn't mind. This guy would be the perfect complement to CJ and they desperately need a guy like this to return kicks. I'd much rather have him then Ziggy Ansah.

As much hype as Tavon Austin is getting, I wouldn't be shocked if sneaked into the Top 10.

Draxal

Well, since you will have Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and the better Reggie Bush (Tavon Austin), the Lions will have 400,000 offensive yards next year.

eznark

Banned
Well, since you will have Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and the better Reggie Bush (Tavon Austin), the Lions will have 400,000 offensive yards next year.

Joique Bell is "better Reggie Bush"

Thankfully he will never see the field!

Pancakes and goetta is a fucking amazing breakfast. I need to take the time to make this more often.

If an opponent sees an offense with Stafford, Bush, and better Bush in the backfield I think they will probably just give up. Let's hope the Lions aren't smart enough to make that pick.

eznark

Banned
Trailer is bullshit. Pretty obvious to anyone who watches that the greatest QB battle in the NFL is Jay Cutler v Jay Cutler.

BigAT

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal about the schedule getting released, aside from the NFL telling people it's a big deal. Your opponents for the year, which is the most important part of it all, is such a calculated thing and can basically be figured out years in advance. I just don't see what all the hype is about. Obviously the NFL tries to make every thing seem incredibly significant and they would make an event out of watching paint in the stadiums dry if they thought people would watch, but fans that buy into it is weird.

Tamanon

Banned
I really don't understand why people make such a big deal about the schedule getting released, aside from the NFL telling people it's a big deal. Your opponents for the year, which is the most important part of it all, is such a calculated thing and can basically be figured out years in advance. I just don't see what all the hype is about. Obviously the NFL tries to make every thing seem incredibly significant and they would make an event out of watching paint in the stadiums dry if they thought people would watch, but fans that buy into it is weird.

Because we need NFL information to make the wait go a little bit easier.

eznark

Banned

I plan vacations around it. I'm also having a huge party for the Packers - Bengals game so I need to know which date to put on the e-vite!

So I am not familiar with the schedule show the NFLN is doing tonight.

Are they going to make it overly dramatic, drag it out, and do a 1-2 hour show only to announce the games at the last minute?

I'm at work until 830pm and won't get home till 10pm. I just want the schedule in a list format asap @ 8PM please.

I want to know when we play that walrus and his new team.

I think last year the schedule was online at the same time as the show started but I could be wrong.

Matthews only getting $31 million guaranteed at age 26 is fucking spectacular. Ted Thompson is the best.

How does that compare to other defensive players in terms of guaranteed money?

Edit: LOL at lunchbox not knowing Ez is a Bengals fan first and foremost.

I only care about the dates so I know which niners games ill attend in person. Stop treading on my dreams!

Gives me an idea on when I'll be travelling to Mecca this year!

BigAT

I plan vacations around it. I'm also having a huge party for the Packers - Bengals game so I need to know which date to put on the e-vite!

I only care about the dates so I know which niners games ill attend in person. Stop treading on my dreams!

Needing the actual information for logistical purposes is fair enough. I mean the people that are hyped about it and feel like it's some sort of event.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He must have the worst PR people ever. From the get go you either say nothing and wait till it goes away or you just acknowledge the truth.

squicken

Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 2m
I'll b donating $500 4 every dropped pass this season 2 One Fund Boston. Now fans can cheer & boo me @ the same time! Also giving $500/TD!

Just for ez

eznark

Banned
Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 2m
I'll b donating $500 4 every dropped pass this season 2 One Fund Boston. Now fans can cheer & boo me @ the same time! Also giving $500/TD!

Just for ez

Honestly, it's nice to see he is developing a sense of humor about it. I notice he kept it a low number though, smart. He has kids to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom