• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Patrtiots, WR and 2nd round:

Pats at 59. D'Andre Hopkins and Woods may not be there but they're potential picks. Two of his favourite route runners in the class.

Maybe big body guys outside numbers and in red zone. (He mentioned two but i didnt catch names).

Colasante

Mayock says Aaron Dobson or Terrance Williams could be a fit for the Patriots if they wait til the 3rd round to draft a WR, which is likely. I'd be okay with that, I shouldn't get my hopes up for a 1st round WR.

Wes

venison crêpe
On safeties Rambo, Thomas and Williams:

Rambo. 3rd or 4th round.
Williams. 5th or 6th round.
Phillip Thomas. As good ball skills as and safety in class. 3rd round. Starting free safety in NFL.

Well just bought another PSP.

What are some games other than Fire Emblem to buy for 3DS?
- Super Mario 3D Land is a fantastic platformer and my personal favorite Mario game (note: Yoshi's Island is not a Mario game).

- Mario Kart 7 is the best MK if you're into MK.

- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is another very fun strategy game somewhat similar to Fire Emblem. It's a lot more simple and the story is completely throwaway but you can find it for next to nothing these days.

- Kid Icarus: Uprising is phenomenal but it's kind of hard to describe. Check out some videos of it.

- Luigi's Mansion 2 is supposedly very good but I haven't played it yet myself.

Otherwise, look forward to the upcoming sequels to Yoshi's Island and A Link to the Past, plus Bravely Default from Square. There are also some great Game Boy games available from the 3DS eShop if you're into that.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Steelers and Vaccaro:

Vaccaro makes a lot of sense for Steelers. They need an infusion of youth. If he's there at 17 he's a consideration along with the edge rush guys they need to replace.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Erin Dobson:

Late 2nd round value, continuing through 3rd. Good hands. Very raw. Good height, weight, speed. They didn't ask him to do anything special route wise. He was catching the ball well in windy conditions.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Ryan Nassib:

Strenghts: Intangibles. Intelligence. Passion for game. Work ethic. Good arm (not elite). Pro style offence. Not afraid to fit in to tight windows by ripping it.

Weakness: Minor technicle issues. Some accuracy issues occasionally. Hops around the pocket. things that can be coached out.

Surround him with a good D and a run game he could be a starting QB day 1.

effzee

Wes you are doing an amazing job typing all this up. THANKS!

Kyle Long is gonna be a 3rd round pick unless someone reaches for him in the 2nd.

I think one way or another he will be an Eagle. Even if we pick a T at #4, getting Long in the 3rd would be a great pick up. I mean we have good solid starters returning the OLINE but what really cost us last year was when the starters went out our depth was woefully bad. Like all time bad. If we get a Fisher or Johnson at 4 and Long in the 3rd I think our starting line up and depth will carry the team a long ways. Watkins would be basically the back up Guard too.

So many variables figure into who the Eagles pick. If Danny Watkins, who was picked in the 1st round 2 years ago, can rebound (so far he has been a bust especially considering Weeden like age), salvage his career, and start at G then Todd might be forced to stay put at RT. While we would still be over 30 at both LT and RT and coming off of seasons ending injuries to both Peters and Herremans I can see Chip buying some time and going for a defensive stud at 4.

If Watkins still hasn't shown anything, they almost have to do go for one of the top Tackles and move Todd back inside.

Colasante

Guess Mayock's GM buddies are telling him Milliner isn't a top CB. Not familiar with him, but I wonder what the deal there is?

Milliner is a really good cornerback, DJ Hayden is just better. The only question on him has been the medicals, but evidently he's checked out.

It's incredibly impressive to hear Mayock talk like this. He obviously knows all of the draft prospects, but he's even rattling off every team's depth chart like it's nothing.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Damontre Moore, Marcus Hunt:

Moore - If he dedicated himself to football he's a stater in NFL. Long, good get off at line of scrimmage. Concerns about work ethic. got to learn different moves. He's got upside but teams are concerned about him.

Hunt - Overaged a little. Good height weigt speed. Upside is there. Explosive kid who can play a couple of different positions.

effzee

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m
Chiefs have given Dolphins permission to talk to OT Branden Albert to help facilitate a trade for a 2nd-rd pick, per John Clayton.

So now that its official, it takes the Dolphins out of the running from moving up into the top 10.

Are Chargers still in play? If Eagles trade down with the Chargers and then select Milliner wouldn't be mad about that at all. Not at all.

Colasante

So now that its official, it takes the Dolphins out of the running from moving up into the top 10.

Are Chargers still in play? If Eagles trade down with the Chargers and then select Milliner wouldn't be mad about that at all. Not at all.

Chargers definitely still a trade up possibility, if they feel the need to bypass the Cardinals for Lane Johnson.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Mingo:

He's explosive. Quick. He can win at the snap. he can dip and bend. Tremendous potential as a pass rusher. His best production was when he was on the move. Almost unstoppable.

Needs to learn how to win against good tackles. Not a very good run defender. He's undersized. Needs to get stronger in lower body. Will likely be a liability against run in early part of career.

#10 on Mayock's board. Could go 9 to Jets.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Ansah and Star:

Star got cleared medically. Part of his appeal is he can play multiple fronts. Can pressure the quarterback on third down which most can't do. #11 on Mayock's board.

Ansah. Huge upside. Best story in the draft. Rawer than JPP. Plays hard. More comfortable out wide.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Jesse Williams and Lacy:

Jesse Williams - Medical concerns. Fully healthy he'd be late 2nd.

Lacy - Could be a first round back. #18 on his big board. Will likely go between 20 and 32 but could slide. He'll be a solid three down back in NFL.

Wes

venison crêpe
On WR Allen:

Borderline 1st round pick. If you like him he's a potential Boldin type player. If you like him you'll say he's slow.

ChanHuk

Banned
On Ansah and Star:

Star got cleared medically. Part of his appeal is he can play multiple fronts. Can pressure the quarterback on third down which most can't do. #11 on Mayock's board.

Ansah. Huge upside. Best story in the draft. Rawer than JPP. Plays hard. More comfortable out wide.

Eh Star won't be able to pressure the QB on 3rd downs, he has one move, bull rush. Doesn't exactly work bull rushing every time in the NFL. But he does have one fast first step. I sure as hell hope the Raiders draft him.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Lions:

Finite number of guys. Ansah vs Jordan as edge guy. Any of the three tackles. Be happy with any of those 5.

Don't think corner will come in to the conversation.

Only tough scenario is if Floyd slides. Lions can't really take him with current roster.

effzee

Another reason Lane Johnson might be the Eagles pick over Fisher or other DT//DEs available at the 4 spot:

He played QB and TE before and is considered very bright. He improved every week of the season with freakish athletic ability. Runs as fast Boldin at 300 pounds. Might fit the scheme better if the offense is going to be averaging close to 80 plays per game.

Broad jump as much Stevan Ridley and jumped as high as AJ Green. Only played LT for 1.5 years and so good already.

THATS IT THATS OUR PICK!

Wes

venison crêpe
On best ball hawking defensive backs:

Phillip Thomas is best ball hawking safety in class.

DJ Hayden best ball hawking corner. Turns in to a RB when he gets the ball.

squicken

Another reason Lane Johnson might be the Eagles pick over Fisher or other DT//DEs available at the 4 spot:

He played QB and TE before and is considered very bright. He improved every week of the season with freakish athletic ability. Runs as fast Boldin at 300 pounds. Might fit the scheme better if the offense is going to be averaging close to 80 plays per game.

Broad jump as much Stevan Ridley and jumped as high as AJ Green. Only played LT for 1.5 years and so good already.

THATS IT THATS OUR PICK!

Walter Football says that the Lane Johnson to Philly is all from his agent. Smokescreen?

Wes

venison crêpe
On Kelly:

Fascinated what Chip Kelly will do. He's unpredicatable. He may value positions different to everyone else. EJ Manuel would be really interesting at Philly. Manuel his #2 QB in class. Has best QB upside in the class.

If Browns don't take Geno at 6, no idea where he'll go.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Mock Drafts:

Blown away by the interest in anything related to the NFL. We have a show about a schedule release. It's mindboggling!

As far as mock drafts are concerned I do them all the time as they trigger different thoughts in me. Makes you think outside the box. More than anything, in proliferation of fantasy football if I'm going to draft a fantasy team I may aswell try a mock draft and compare myself with the pros.

Everyones doing them. When the draft ends people start doing them for 2014. Mayock couldn't name you 20 players for next year. It's crazy.

Striker

Wonderlic results:

Paterson got 11. Austin got 7.
Some Giant fans have wanted Patterson due to Cruz on the verge of leaving next year. I'm thinking, with his brain possibly smaller than Mario Manningham's, why would they invest the #19th pick on him with OL being such a huge need?

Getting Cooper, Warmack, or Fluker would be a great success if they can nab one.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Miami and LT/Corner:

San diego are going to take any OL. they wont hesitate to take DJ Fluker if he falls and the other three OTs are gone.

Miami. If stuck at 12 and all tackles gone who is there of edge guys? Milliner possibility. Got to get better against the pass be it at rush or corner.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Star and Eagles:

Star to Eagles is a comfortable pick. How much of a difference maker is he? He could be a potential all pro. He'd start this year and has upside.

Jordon and Ansah ceiling is higher that Star but floow is also lower than Star's.

On Jets:

Mingo is logical choice. They have OL issues. If one of Warmack or Cooper were available I'd be happy with that. If you can't get an edge guy then an OL guy makes sense. Safety and WR depth would be good in later rounds. They could look to trade down as they have so many needs.

On safeties Rambo, Thomas and Williams:

Rambo. 3rd or 4th round.
Williams. 5th or 6th round.
Phillip Thomas. As good ball skills as and safety in class. 3rd round. Starting free safety in NFL.

I'd love to have Thomas on the Skins. I might even use out 2nd rounder on him. I think the guy is legit. Like Rambo too.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Bucs:

Jets shouldn't trade Revis. Giving up #13 and some other picks to get him would be good for Bucs. They need a vertical tight end, a SAM LB and another corner even if they get Revis.

On Kelly:

Fascinated what Chip Kelly will do. He's unpredicatable. He may value positions different to everyone else. EJ Manuel would be really interesting at Philly. Manuel his #2 QB in class. Has best QB upside in the class.

Yes please let this happen!

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm going to stop as we hit 2 hours. I'll keep listening and add anything big at the end if I'm still awake.

effzee

On Kelly:

If Geno drops out of the top 10, then I think the same teams in the top 10 who have question marks at QB (including the Eagles) could trade back in to pick him at the end of the first round.

Kiper's mock had the Eagles trading with the Vikings and picking Geno at 25. I am of the opinion if Geno is still there at 25 then it means EJ will be easily available at #34 so the Eagles should just stay there and take him there.

Colasante

Some Giant fans have wanted Patterson due to Cruz on the verge of leaving next year. I'm thinking, with his brain possibly smaller than Mario Manningham's, why would they invest the #19th pick on him with OL being such a huge need?

Getting Cooper, Warmack, or Fluker would be a great success if they can nab one.

AJ Green scored a 10 on his Wonderlic. Those scores are overrated.

Wes

venison crêpe
"I'd soon as be picking 24 as I would be picking 10"

More proof that a trade down this year makes a lot of sense.

effzee

"I'd soon as be picking 24 as I would be picking 10"

More proof that a trade down this year makes a lot of sense.

Yeah but makes it that much harder to trade down since no one is eager to move up.

Star over Jordan makes sense for the Eagles only because he can play along the line with various spots. I wouldn't be mad with that pick either.

I WANT THEM ALL!

effzee

McCoy talking to the media right now after the third and final day of the pre draft minicamp.

Same things Brent and Vick said yesterday. FAST FAST FAST. Just a lot of reps, plays, and a lot of running. Says team will run the ball a lot. Not only him, but Brown, and even Chris Polk.

Says team will be the most in shape team only because they have to be to keep up with how fast everything will be from practice to game day.

Practice is fun according to the guys. Music blaring, short practices with tons more reps, and even the meetings are fast paced with very minimum downtime between anything. Guys who are huffing and puffing right now will have to be in much better shape to keep up with the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom