• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
It's absurdly heavily back-loaded and they are paying him out $27m in the next 12 months.

It's not a bad contract at all, but it's nothing special.

Right. So they are paying him when he is productive. You realize that this time next year he will have only $4m guaranteed through 2018 while the Packers control him for 4 more seasons. That's as team friendly a contract as you can get.

Of the "back loaded" portion, almost none of it is guaranteed money. They will be able to restructure him forever. His cap hit after the 2013 season is effectively zero because they have built in so much room to manipulate it.

They easily have room to sign Rodgers to the highest contract ever and can definitely keep Raji if they so choose. The structure of the deal means they can easily extend Finley if they so choose even.

Summary of the Reese conference:

- Reese says it's a deep draft. Doesn't see any position better than the other (uh huh)
- Fielded few questions on Cruz. Says he doesn't have a contract and makes no assumptions about whether he will. Says if Victor isn't there, that's fine. They have receivers. "One guy doesn't make your team". It will play out as it plays out. Nothing more to talk about on that front.
- Reese noted he thinks Kiwi will play more defensive line this season than linebacker. Says the call is up to Coughlin but that's his view. Thank god.
- Brewer will compete for RT. He wants him to contribute.
- Doesn't like picking at 19. "That's too high for us" (heh)
- Thinks the days of young player sitting for a year or two are dwindling. Guys need to be ready to go much sooner now and it's playing out throughout the league.
- BPA moniker mentioned over and over. As usual, Jerry gives absolutely no clue on the direction he's going.
- Says there are good pass rushers in the draft "Not sure" about how deep it really is.
- Asked about the read option and fast paced offenses and he they have the personnel to defend it. "Yes, I think we do. We're doing our homework"
- Asked about Pat White since they looked at him. He said they were interested in him as a Joker type player to run the read option in practices but since he signed elsewhere they think Carr can give them a bit of that.

squicken

I had no idea the NFLN had a whole one hour show for Mayocks one and only mock draft haha

btw his conference call is streaming in about 10 minutes http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-stream-mike-mayocks-predraft-conference-call

Summary of the Reese conference:

- Reese says it's a deep draft. Doesn't see any position better than the other (uh huh)
- Fielded few questions on Cruz. Says he doesn't have a contract and makes no assumptions about whether he will. Says if Victor isn't there, that's fine. They have receivers. "One guy doesn't make your team". It will play out as it plays out. Nothing more to talk about on that front.
- Reese noted he thinks Kiwi will play more defensive line this season than linebacker. Says the call is up to Coughlin but that's his view. Thank god.
- Brewer will compete for RT. He wants him to contribute.
- Doesn't like picking at 19. "That's too high for us" (heh)
- Thinks the days of young player sitting for a year or two are dwindling. Guys need to be ready to go much sooner now and it's playing out throughout the league.
- BPA moniker mentioned over and over. As usual, Jerry gives absolutely no clue on the direction he's going.
- Says there are good pass rushers in the draft "Not sure" about how deep it really is.
- Asked about the read option and fast paced offenses and he they have the personnel to defend it. "Yes, I think we do. We're doing our homework"
- Asked about Pat White since they looked at him. He said they were interested in him as a Joker type player to run the read option in practices but since he signed elsewhere they think Carr can give them a bit of that.

lulz

ChanHuk

Banned
If you are getting one go with the XL. Original 3DS is a crappy piece of hardware.

3dsxlanimalcrossing619pxhedimg.jpg

Sold

Just a heads up to Browns Gaf I believe Lombardi and Banner are going to be open to the Media at at 2:30 et to talk about draft and so on. Don't think I'll be able to check it out till later though, got some studying to do.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just a heads up to Browns Gaf I believe Lombardi and Banner are going to be open to the Media at at 2:30 et to talk about draft and so on. Don't think I'll be able to check it out till later though, got some studying to do.

Wish I wasn't knee deep in work or I'd tune in.

Guess it's up to based Wes to check it out.

squicken

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI 4m
Oh? RT @4thAndPain: #Redskins open the #NFL season on #MondayNight vs the #Eagles. #HTTR

I saw the games and that's what you want, not the "laid up with injury, delayed pro day." Skip Lacy at your own peril.

But I'm biased

Mike Tanier has a good writeup about Lacy, and its summarizes all the key issues. My big thing is all his nagging injuries.

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/eddie-lacy-running-back-alabama/

“Customers need a hundred reasons to say yes to a sales pitch but only one reason to say no.” It’s an old sales adage I learned from my father, or maybe a professor, or Mad Men, or Herb Tarleck from WKRP in Cincinnati. Whatev. The adage works for first-round running backs: teams are skeptical, and every entry in the “weaknesses” ledger sends another suitor in pursuit of a cornerback or pass rusher. Lacy may have added a small weakness two weeks ago, but it joins his other small ones to create one big one.
---

That’s what Alabama produces at running back: good-not-quite-great pluggers who perform exceptionally on a road well paved. Yeldon may be different. Lacy is probably not.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's a slow hook, but once you get hooked, the shit is hard to put down. At least the Gamecube version was that way.

Maan I haven't turned on my DS Animal Crossing game in years. I don't want to see how much cockroaches and cobwebs infest my home now.

ChanHuk

Banned
I used to play Animal Crossing DS with my ex, she would get pissed that I run rampart in her town cutting down trees and beating her neighbors with my net. Actually she would probably demand that I would get her that 3DS Animal Crossing edition.......

Talon

I used to play Animal Crossing DS with my ex, she would get pissed that I run rampart in her town cutting down trees and beating her neighbors with my net. Actually she would probably demand that I would get her that 3DS Animal Crossing edition.......
I can see why she's your ex.

This is actually hilarious.

Wes

venison crêpe
Branden Albert worth a second round pick for the Phins? I don't know much about the guy.

No he's not - because then they wont trade up with the Browns for Johnson :(

In reality they have the extra pick in the second and Ireland will be using them to keep his job, maybe he'll prefer Albert protecting Tannehill in this crucial year over a rookie.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Big pressure point is OT. There'll be a run on tackles."

"Depending on where Joeckel and fisher go, Eagles are the first pressure point for Lane Johnson. Browns are the next. Unlikely Johnson gets to Cardinals cleanly."

"Tackle position will trigger trades."

"Don't think we'll see a cornerback go in the top 10."

effzee

Oh god fucking dammit! I hate opening the season on MNF. The wait is unbearable. Cant wait to see the Eagles D try to contain Kirk.

Man I wanted Andy Reid week 1.

Oh well any word if this is at home or away?

Branden Albert worth a second round pick for the Phins? I don't know much about the guy.

If you can't trade up and get one of the top 2-3 guys at Tackle then yeah.

Isn't KC going to have to replace both tackles now if they trade him? What was the point of letting Justice go?

Wes

venison crêpe
Eifert is the clear #1 TE. Ertz and Escobar have excellent ball skills. Ertz has more explosion than Escobar.

Interest starting for Eifert at 13. Wont escape first round.

(Should I keep doing these cliffnotes - is anyone interested?)

"Big pressure point is OT. There'll be a run on tackles."

"Depending on where Joeckel and fisher go, Eagles are the first pressure point for Lane Johnson. Browns are the next. Unlikely Johnson gets to Cardinals cleanly."

"Tackle position will trigger trades."

"Don't think we'll see a cornerback go in the top 10."
Assuming this is true the Albert trade makes even more sense. And how great would it be if the Dolphins solved their tackle problem through the trade and then got Milliner with the 12th?

Yes please!

Fantomex

Something to think about, if the Chiefs don't want a player what does that tell you? Add to that the fact that Andy Reid was an OL coah for all those years. Im just sayin.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Eifert is the clear #1 TE. Ertz and Escobar have excellent ball skills. Ertz has more explosion than Escobar.

Heck yeah you should!

Very much appreciated.

ChanHuk

Banned
I can see why she's your ex.

This is actually hilarious.

Fuck that bitch, her and the 6 years we were together are dead to me.

The only thing I need right now is football and I don't have that. I'm one sad depressed lonely pudding pie......

Wes

venison crêpe
On safeties:

Vaccaro first safety off board. Matt Elam 25-32 range, could slide in to second. Reid interesting prospect could go anywhere from 1-3. Cyprien could go late 1, more likely 2.

Bengals have to watch what Rams do before them.

Wes

venison crêpe
On Ravens:

Will be a good football team despite losses in FA. Thinks they could trade out to a team wantign a QB before Day 2. If they can't trade down, Elam or Cyprien at Safety or T'eo or Minter at ILB. T'eo likely to be gone before pick 32. Ogletree would be interesting here also.

Draxal

These are unsourced rumors, and are detrimental to the players. Think of Escobar's family when accusing him of having no explosion.

What's ur take on Warmack/Cooper and who's going to who

Something to think about, if the Chiefs don't want a player what does that tell you? Add to that the fact that Andy Reid was an OL coah for all those years. Im just sayin.
Then again, with a draft like this LT is probably the only position that makes sense with the first overall pick, so why pay Albert when you can bring in a young stud to replace him? I get what you're saying, though.

If the Dolphins could trade one of those second round picks to ensure a shot at one of the top 3 LT's I think it might be the better move but maybe that isn't going to be enough ammo for that trade up.

Assuming this is true the Albert trade makes even more sense. And how great would it be if the Dolphins solved their tackle problem through the trade and then got Milliner with the 12th?

Yes please!
If something like that happened I think there's still a chance you would have to trade up for Millner

Yes! Thanks I'm following your posts while I'm in library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom