• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

The Dolphins are such a stupid organization. Why would they give up a 2nd and a big contract to Brandon Albert when they could have resigned Jake Long? Even if Long ends up costing more, it won't be so much more that it mitigates the loss of a 2nd round pick for a team with a lot of needs.

Also, Tank Carradine ran a 4.75 40 today, only 135 days after tearing his ACL. I was hoping he'd be a smart investment for the Patriots at 29, but I don't think he'll be there now. I could see the Colts or Giants taking him beforehand.

Milchjon

...you read the Boston Herald? Why?

I dunno, I wasn't familiar with the state of Boston newspapers back when I first started following the Pats. I just knew the Herald's name, so I used their website.

Edit: I later figured out the rest of the paper was shit, but I didn't mind enough til I stumbled upon Howie Carr's column today, the one that I quoted in the Boston thread.

Sanjuro

I dunno, I wasn't familiar with the state of Boston newspapers back when I first started following the Pats. I just knew the Herald's name, so I used their website.

It's the Boston Globe or nothing. Herald is mostly a crazy moonbat tabloid. There are a couple decent sportswriters, not sure if they are still with the paper or not.

Holy shit, I've been working the last few days coordinating this big go-live at a few hospitals, and because of the scale, we contracted out a ton of people to come in and support each department. They're all from Cleveland. I've heard an unbelievable amount of Browns positivity, it's driving me crazy. Surprisingly, none of them seem to hate the Ravens or hold any animosity towards us. They all hate the Steelers though, so we're bonding over that.

Milchjon

It's the Boston Globe or nothing. Herald is mostly a crazy moonbat tabloid. There are a couple decent sportswriters, not sure if they are still with the paper or not.

Boston Globe has a paywall.

Rapoport was good, I think, but he switched to NFL.com

Jeff Howe isn't too bad either.

The Dolphins are such a stupid organization. Why would they give up a 2nd and a big contract to Brandon Albert when they could have resigned Jake Long? Even if Long ends up costing more, it won't be so much more that it mitigates the loss of a 2nd round pick for a team with a lot of needs.

Also, Tank Carradine ran a 4.75 40 today, only 135 days after tearing his ACL. I was hoping he'd be a smart investment for the Patriots at 29, but I don't think he'll be there now. I could see the Colts or Giants taking him beforehand.
Long not only would have been costly, his play has declined over the past few years and he has a lot of injury concerns. The Dolphins have 11 picks in the draft, by the way, so I don't think a second is going to make or break this draft for them, especially considering its depth. Protecting Tannehill is worth a lot more than one of two second round picks.

And honestly the team doesn't have many major needs at the moment besides CB and LT.

ChanHuk

Banned
What 2 games to get with a 3DS?

Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 2. If you get Luigi's Mansion 2 by the 30th you get Super Mario 3D Land for free. So win in that situation.

I think I'm gonna postpone my 3DS purchase, wanted to get in on that Target sale, but I really like that limited edition Animal Crossing XL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think best buy is doing a buy 2 get 1 Free on used games, that ends today I believe. Check out Bestbuy.com they had a pretty good cheap selection.
I'm thinking about picking ups 3DS too

Do it brah, it's a superior system.

I am in love with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. About to get Monster Hunter as well then in the summer I'll fill my time with Fire Emblem.

RBH

Somebody needs to get that man a job with the Jets as GM. I could see him watching from the luxury suites.

Sanchez bfbs again, the cameras focus in on Brent as he slowly removes his jacket, and begins to make his way down to the locker room. The cameras are following him closely from behind, he suites up, and jogs onto the field like a confident champion. He snaps the ball, scrambles around, and throws the most beautiful spiral you've ever seen, right to the opposing teams linebacker, who proceeds to run it back for a touchdown.

A lone voice begins a slow "Teeeeeeeeebbbbbbbooooooowwwwwwww", which much like a slow clap, stirs the spirit of the crowd, which erupts into Tebow chants. Rex holds his arms out like Scott Stapp from Creed, and begins to twirl around in amazement at the crowds outburst. He then proceeds to put Garrard in the game, and life goes on. Tebow remains on the bench and the Jets still suck.

:lol

bionic77

Holy shit, I've been working the last few days coordinating this big go-live at a few hospitals, and because of the scale, we contracted out a ton of people to come in and support each department. They're all from Cleveland. I've heard an unbelievable amount of Browns positivity, it's driving me crazy. Surprisingly, none of them seem to hate the Ravens or hold any animosity towards us. They all hate the Steelers though, so we're bonding over that.
They must be lying to you to spare your feelings. No self respecting Browns fan can go through life without hating the cRavens.

MechDX

Wouldn't it be cool if the first time was in the AFCCG? It'll have to be post-Schaub, of course.

YATES.jpg

TJ>>>>>Tannehill

bionic77

You think Bestbuy will price match that? I have a gift card for best buy.
And is the XL really that much better ?
Unless you plan on playing it outside the house and carrying it around get the XL.

Also GAFer what's a good wallet to get? One that will let gators and poors know how much better I am compared to them?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Awesome. I can just price match it at best buy. It's either get it now or wait until Black Friday.

Yeah with the 3DS picking up steam in sales, it won't be cheaper on Black Friday. There won't be a meaningful price drop for two years or more.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
For folks with a Vita check out the Soul Sacrifice demo.

Crazy how much content is in this demo and progress carries over to the main game which is awesome, I've already logged a good 15 hours into it. The story is pretty neat and the gameplay is addictive. The single player is fun but the multiplayer is really awesome.

I can't stand MonHun but this game is really good. Definitely the most fun I've had in gaming so far this year (although I'll get around to playing Guacamelee this weekend).

Greg

Unless you plan on playing it outside the house and carrying it around get the XL.

Also GAFer what's a good wallet to get? One that will let gators and poors know how much better I am compared to them?
wallets are for poors - carry a briefcase of gold bars

-eznark

Fantomex

Yeah with the 3DS picking up steam in sales, it won't be cheaper on Black Friday. There won't be a meaningful price drop for two years or more.

That's a good observation. Man I'm just wondering if there's a game that I NEED to play right now. Besides Pokemon. The last game I played on a handheld was Pokemon Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom