• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newer ones are good, they get much more adventurous with the map design/objectives and they're actually are kinda hard (my guys at this point are so overpowered though).
That sounds fantastic. I put in right at 100 hours to FE:A and then kind of stopped cold turkey. I probably burned myself out a little, haha. I'll pick it back up eventually though, there's still plenty I want to do.

squicken

Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith
Damn! Mark Sanchez sitting courtside, just got roundly booed. Don't even know why they showed him on the jumbotron.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've only played one Fire Emblem (Shadow Dragon). I loved it and yet I hear from fans of the series that one was pretty weak.

If that's the case I know I'm going to enjoy this new one a shit ton.

Godslay

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-mock-draft-20130421,0,2585933,full.story

Sam Farmer from the LA Times had local beat writers make the picks for a mock draft. Worth a read. Lacy to DEN, Hopkins to HOU. Austin to CAR

The more I have thought about it, the more it makes sense that CAR will draft offense. Coaches and GMs get fired when they fail to develop QBs. They will prioritize getting Cam more options imo

I just can't see it happening. Maybe it will though.

bionic77

I've only played one Fire Emblem (Shadow Dragon). I loved it and yet I hear from fans of the series that one was pretty weak.

It was the weakest handheld US entry but I also enjoyed it. The 3DS and GBA games shit all over it.

Godslay

Banned
Speaking of handhelds, I bought a gameboy pocket with the intentions of playing Tetris. It's in great shape and everything works perfectly. So I play a few games, get some good scores, and turn it off and do something else for awhile. Comeback later, turn it on and my scores are gone. I thought the original tetris was saved via a battery, I swear I can remember seeing saved scores as a child.

Come to find out, Tetris did not have a battery save. When you turn it off it's gone for good. What kind of bullshit drm is that, I can't even save my scores. Seriously though somethings improve while others don't. Gameboy games still looks great on that tiny screen though.

Let's put it this way, I consider myself a pretty big fan of the series and I haven't been able to play Shadow Dragon for more than a few hours. You are in for a mind-blowing treat, I'd say.

Slo

I can only get it in a pub, where it's 8€ for a bottle.

Which is about $10.30 and about 3 times as much as a normal beer.

Just walked into a local liquor store and they had a 4 pack of Torpedo Extra IPA pints for $7.49. I bought them just to stick it to you.

Got them on ice, I'll let you know my thoughts.

Milchjon

Just walked into a local liquor store and they had a 4 pack of Torpedo Extra IPA pints for $7.49. I bought them just to stick it to you.

Got them on ice, I'll let you know my thoughts.

Cheers!

I quite liked it. If you hate it, chalk it up to my limited experience with IPAs.

squicken

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-draft-russell-wilson-20130421,0,7213587.story

Great piece on Russell, who will be on ESPN's draft coverage team

"To be honest with you, I ignore the noise," he said. "I don't care what anybody has to say. I don't worry about what the critics have to say about anything in terms of what they thought about me. I think that's the biggest thing about elite players. Can they ignore the noise?"

Carroll said one of the qualities that made Wilson so successful was his ability to make adjustments quickly and not repeat his mistakes.

"If there's one thing that's extraordinary about Russell, it's his ability to fix things," Carroll said. "There's an example of the first day we were throwing deep routes. He kept throwing the balls to receivers inside, pulling them in to the middle of the field. I said something to him: 'What's up? We want to throw the ball to the guy's outside shoulder.' And he said, 'I thought we wanted to draw the guy inside.' He hadn't thrown a lot of go-balls in his career. He thought that was the way to throw the football, so he said, 'Oh, OK.'

"Next day, it was like it never happened. Hasn't happened since. He fixes things immediately. As soon as he knows that something needs to be fixed, he fixes it. "

Then, there was Wilson's habit in practice of double-checking every play call with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell before he ducked back into the huddle.

"He did it so regularly, it seemed to be like he wasn't really getting the flow of the call and it was taking a little bit extra time," Carroll said. "I said, 'Russ, do you realize that you're always asking for a clarification on the call. Do you really need that?' He goes, 'No.' I said, 'Well, it's kind of hindering the fluid process.' He said, 'OK.' And it never happened again.

"The next four or five days we watched him, just to see if he could do it. Didn't happen. So now if he steps out of the huddle for something, he does it because he might need a clarification, he might be correcting a coach, or whatever. The point is, he can fix whatever he needs to fix. That's an extraordinary characteristic for a young guy."

Wilson has made the extraordinary simply ordinary, raising the bar, redefining expectations, and giving hopeful teams another glimpse of what the draft can mean.

brentech

Unless you plan on playing it outside the house and carrying it around get the XL.

Also GAFer what's a good wallet to get? One that will let gators and poors know how much better I am compared to them?

I got this thing back in January.
Wurkin Stiffs slim wallet

Available in multiple colors. Got mine on amazon. Most colors available there, but not all.

It's nice quality with the stitching around it. Even the base crosshatch design is pretty bad ass.

Godslay

Banned
I got this thing back in January.
Wurkin Stiffs slim wallet

Available in multiple colors. Got mine on amazon. Most colors available there, but not all.

It's nice quality with the stitching around it. Even the base crosshatch design is pretty bad ass.

$75 seems steep to me for something that just sits in your pocket. I usually just snag a cheap one. I got a Fossil leather on sale for like $10, maybe 5 or so years ago, and it's aged nicely.

ChanHuk

Banned
akwQymsl.jpg

Fantomex

^
Coldbloooooded.

So guys, I haven't played a game in a looooooooong time. I'm gonna wait on the 3ds. The last games that really moved me were and I actually beat.

• Mass Effect 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FF13
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Fall of Cybertron
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

So they are usually games that can kind of engross me either with gameplay, graphics or storyline. I hear that Ni No Kuni game is really good. I love pokemon, I love RPG's but damn it I hate grinding in RPGS. Would this game be good for me? I played the Demo and it seemed dope.

Halp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom