• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/the-...me-and-projected-round-rt9i5sb-203862401.html

McGinn's QB ratings. Going deep on most of the class. Sample

4. RYAN NASSIB, Syracuse (6-2, 228, 4.98, 2-3) - Led the leading QBs on the Wonderlic with 41. "Smartest guy we've interviewed in a long, long time," one scout said. "He knocked it out of the park. He has a better arm and delivery than Barkley. He reminds me of Matt Schaub a lot. Smart and efficient. Boots, waggles, play-action. He can't run. He won't beat you scrambling." Compiled a 21-17 record for the heretofore lowly Orange and a passer rating of 90.4. "He really improved during the year," another scout said. "Thing that bothers me, he seems to throw a heavy ball. He throws with the same touch no matter what the route is. I like the arm strength and decision-making. Decent athlete." Hails from West Chester, Pa. "He's a by-the-numbers guy," a third scout said. "If the first thing isn't open and there's pressure, he panics. For a guy who is as smart as he is, that has as much character, he is what I call panicky. He won't panic into a turnover; I'll give him credit that way. Fantastic kid, which I think people are letting trump his ability. He's a slow-footed guy. OK arm. It's not even like your second-tier NFL arms.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/the-...me-and-projected-round-rt9i5sb-203862401.html

squicken

I think I've covered all the AFC East except Buffalo.

But that's our big primetime game that you all will be forced to watch. I need to save myself for them...my eternal shitty enemy.

The Steelers, Bob Barker, and the United States Justice Department are your enemies now

MechDX

Gonna be hard to do after the Browns give you the D!

tumblr_m4h15s8LdH1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

bulldog_pimp_mini.jpg

Also, I think it's crazy there are people who think Jennifer Love Hewitt is unattractive.
There's a very vocal contingent on GAF that really despises disgusting and smelly things like big breasts. If you're shaped like a 10 year old boy like Emma Watson though, hooooooo boy!

I think I've covered all the AFC East except Buffalo.

But that's our big primetime game that you all will be forced to watch. I need to save myself for them...my eternal shitty enemy.
How terrified do you think Trent Truck is when he sees this picture of new Dolphins LB's Dannell Ellerbeast and Phillip The Death Dealer Wheeler?

wheelerellerbe2-500x333.jpg

And to get the defense quaking in fear...

dolphins-500x333.jpg

Hurry up week 1!

Bonus shot:

tannehill3-500x750.jpg

MechDX

How terrified do you think Trent Truck is when he sees this picture of new Dolphins LB's Dannell Ellerbeast and Phillip The Death Dealer Wheeler?

wheelerellerbe2-500x333.jpg

And to get the defense quaking in fear...

dolphins-500x333.jpg

Hurry up week 1!

Bonus shot:

tannehill3-500x750.jpg

Keep hope alive! One day you will figure out how to beat Houston.

Sorry, its all I have.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's a very vocal contingent on GAF that really despises disgusting and smelly things like big breasts. If you're shaped like a 10 year old boy like Emma Watson though, hooooooo boy!

I have suspected Buckethead being a member of this group.

It's an embarrassing subject we like to avoid at the Packer GAF get togethers.

squicken

Anyone up for a sort of consensus mock draft type thing next week? Go team by team, discuss the options, then make a decision? Thread as a whole instead of just fans of the team?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone up for a sort of consensus mock draft type thing next week? Go team by team, discuss the options, then make a decision? Thread as a whole instead of just fans of the team?

Let's do it. Might want to start tomorrow, Monday at the latest, if you actually want a lot of input on the picks.

squicken

Let's do it. Might want to start tomorrow, Monday at the latest, if you actually want a lot of input on the picks.

Yeah man, sounds like fun.

Me, obviously.

Cool. Just trying to see how much interest their would be before we start. Sunday sounds good. Just want to give everyone enough time to see the thread since it's a Saturday. I think we should approach it from what we think teams should do, not what we think they will do. We'll also have to figure out what we think trades will be before we start. Revis? Albert?

Godslay

Banned
It's fascinating how not even an event like this can seem to create a real (even temporary) consensus anymore.

In reality it probably does (create a consensus), much more so than the Internet would have one believe.

The thing that bothers me, and maybe I have been guilty of it myself, is projecting what they think the bombers are. Like the little brother being guided by the influence of the older brother to the point of being an automaton that blindly carried out his orders. In my mind, it doesn't work that way, maybe to some degree, but the little brother had a choice. He made that choice, and any attempt to make me feel sorry for the younger one doesn't work. Maybe they feel sorry that he gave up his future, but it's still his choice to do so.

The way I look at it is, if someone very close to me came and wanted to seriously injury someone else and I knew they were being serious, I would try to talk them out of it first, and if that didn't work I would have to take the next step to prevent it whatever it happened to be. If you are of the right mind, I think you would try to prevent someone hurting another person, rather than helping them.

Greg

I can see it now, walking to the stage for Green Bay's pick is Jermichael Finley in an all white suit.

Insert Jon Gruden talking about how he loves the suit and HoF.

"With Green Bay's 26th in the 2013 NFL Draft, I HoF select Manti Te'o!"
Godslay, you're drunk.

Has there been any site or story thats gone back and looked at how well all of these mock draft people have been at prognosticating?

Like taking Mel Kiper's "Big Board" from several years back and seeing how well all of those guys are doing in the NFL right now?

squicken

As long as we don't give the Bears Te'o, I'm in.

edit: screw you guys i'm out

haha All voices will be heard. No one is a "fan" of any team with that mock, other than having more knowledge of needs and fit.

As far as trades, I think we should just assume that Revis is traded to TB for #13 and other considerations. So NYJ have 2 firsts, but a huge CB need. As far as MIA and Albert, I think that's a draft day trade, or at least very well could be. So we don't assume that trade

Kacar

Fuck I forgot about that.

Either way it won't matter. Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson will lead us to victory.

richardson-weeden-120629-ts.jpg

They understand each other so well you wouldn't even understand. They have the type of bond a father and son would have.

Gold all in my watch...

Weeden should hook up with Trinidad. Teach him some old man lessons.

Godslay

Banned
He would trade the pick and Rodgers for an 8th round pick and Weedon.

Somebody needs to get that man a job with the Jets as GM. I could see him watching from the luxury suites.

Sanchez bfbs again, the cameras focus in on Brent as he slowly removes his jacket, and begins to make his way down to the locker room. The cameras are following him closely from behind, he suites up, and jogs onto the field like a confident champion. He snaps the ball, scrambles around, and throws the most beautiful spiral you've ever seen, right to the opposing teams linebacker, who proceeds to run it back for a touchdown.

A lone voice begins a slow "Teeeeeeeeebbbbbbbooooooowwwwwwww", which much like a slow clap, stirs the spirit of the crowd, which erupts into Tebow chants. Rex holds his arms out like Scott Stapp from Creed, and begins to twirl around in amazement at the crowds outburst. He then proceeds to put Garrard in the game, and life goes on. Tebow remains on the bench and the Jets still suck.

Greg

Somebody needs to get that man a job with the Jets as GM. I could see him watching from the luxury suites.

Sanchez bfbs again, the cameras focus in on Brent as he slowly removes his jacket, and begins to make his way down to the locker room. The cameras are following him closely from behind, he suites up, and jogs onto the field like a confident champion. He snaps the ball, scrambles around, and throws the most beautiful spiral you've ever seen, right to the opposing teams linebacker, who proceeds to run it back for a touchdown.

A lone voice begins a slow "Teeeeeeeeebbbbbbbooooooowwwwwwww", which much like a slow clap, stirs the spirit of the crowd, which erupts into Tebow chants. Rex holds his arms out like Scott Stapp from Creed, and begins to twirl around in amazement at the crowds outburst. He then proceeds to put Garrard in the game, and life goes on. Tebow remains on the bench and the Jets still suck.
:jnc

what a tale

Fuck I forgot about that.

Either way it won't matter. Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson will lead us to victory.

richardson-weeden-120629-ts.jpg

They understand each other so well you wouldn't even understand. They have the type of bond a father and son would have.

That old man is wearing one ugly watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom