• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I'll repost this a few times, but how does 1 Eastern Sunday sound to start the mock draft? Is later better?

There's not going to be a set timeframe for how long each pick is debated. As long as enough people are around for a lively debate, the choice can be made. Obviously, we'll try to allow for time for fans of the teams we are working on to have their say

Only wildcard is the Albert trade. Seems like MIA won't commit until they see how draft day plays out. My hunch is they make the trade b/c tackles go early, but still unsure

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shame circle gets one night of happiness!

My Toronto Maple Leafs have made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years!

MechDX

Probably. Gotta keep that Madison to Houston train going! Sadly this all falls on Kubiak. Maybe Ill just be apathetic to the season this year because when a class guy like Dre is begging for help it just depresses me.

Fuck Kubiak and his son Matt!

Shame circle gets one night of happiness!

My Toronto Maple Leafs have made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years!

But one no gives a rats ass about hockey

squicken

Hub bub

The recorded conversations potentially represent the tip of the evidentiary iceberg. The affidavit was submitted to justify the search warrants that the FBI and IRS executed on Monday. The company’s files and computers (including email chatter) possibly will contain many more references to the scheme.

In the interim, Pilot Flying J should prepare to buy more planes. While the company allegedly preyed on unsophisticated trucking companies by shorting them on discounts and rebates, those unsophisticated trucking companies are likely sophisticated enough to hire lawyers who will sue Pilot Flying J for a full refund, plus punitive damages.

Likewise, Pilot Flying J can now count on its competitors aggressively trying to convert customers by printing off the affidavit, highlighting some of the comments from Freeman, and asking those customers if they really want to continue doing business with a company like Pilot Flying J.

While these are only allegations and both the company and its employees are entitled to the presumption of innocence, the contents of the affidavit paint a picture that can get ugly for Haslam, in multiple ways. As to the biggest question — whether Haslam will face criminal liability — the most important witness of them all could end up being John Freeman.

If Freeman flips and gives persuasive testimony against Haslam, Jimmy could be going down.

Could really see them going bankrupt. How Haslam has secured the loans for his team will be interesting. He was buying the team in installments from Lerner. How's he going to make the next payment if his assets get frozen?

zychi

Banned
^
Coldbloooooded.

So guys, I haven't played a game in a looooooooong time. I'm gonna wait on the 3ds. The last games that really moved me were and I actually beat.

• Mass Effect 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FF13
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Fall of Cybertron
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

So they are usually games that can kind of engross me either with gameplay, graphics or storyline. I hear that Ni No Kuni game is really good. I love pokemon, I love RPG's but damn it I hate grinding in RPGS. Would this game be good for me? I played the Demo and it seemed dope.

Halp.

I like all the games you mentioned above except ff13. I love me some pokemanz, and have owned Ni No since launch, and I bought the insane edition, so I was excited for it. I'm no more than 5 hours into the game. I just don't care about the characters and every boss fight is the same. Big dude who slowly gets beaten down, has a crazy move that takes out your pokemon or whatever they are in ni no

bionic77

Good man. PSO was so good on the Dreamcast back in the day. I miss that damn game.

Poor Browns, can't catch a break.
It's weird how most people never give the DC credit for being the first to be online. They even got it working over dialup. That shit was surprisingly playable, I remember playing pretty smooth games of NBA2K over dialup. Never figured out how they made that possible. I remember leggy shitfests on some PS2 games with the adapter even over cable. Xbox online always seemed better back then.

But it is still laggy this gen at times. I guess unless they get their own servers that will always be the case if the distance is too great or someone's connection sucks.

MechDX

My DC died years ago bro. So fuck you!

Also I did not know the game was for PC or that my cube could even go online..

You can get PSO Blue Burst on the PC from the same private server you can play it on. The server is free to play but there is a grey area of it is legal or not. Sega abounded the game and their official servers years ago and some independent players out there created and maintain their own

Godslay

Banned
Are you guys looking forward for 30 for 30 about the 1983 Draft?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6autv2IQ9s

I am, but Elway is in it, so it's a given.

It's weird how most people never give the DC credit for being the first to be online. They even got it working over dialup. That shit was surprisingly playable, I remember playing pretty smooth games of NBA2K over dialup. Never figured out how they made that possible. I remember leggy shitfests on some PS2 games with the adapter even over cable. Xbox online always seemed better back then.

But it is still laggy this gen at times. I guess unless they get their own servers that will always be the case if the distance is too great or someone's connection sucks.

The sports game were godly at the time. Kobe/Shaq were unstoppable in that game. Especially Kobe. As for the online I remember playing Unreal on it, and it was very smooth. Dreamcast deserved better!

You do know you can still play PSO (DC,GC and PC) versions online right?

Yeah, it's tempting, but I just don't think I could get into it like I used to. Best left to nostalgia I think.

MechDX

I am, but Elway is in it, so it's a given.

The sports game were godly at the time. Kobe/Shaq were unstoppable in that game. Especially Kobe. As for the online I remember playing Unreal on it, and it was very smooth. Dreamcast deserved better!

Yeah, it's tempting, but I just don't think I could get into it like I used to. Best left to nostalgia I think.

Dreamcast love! I LOVED dominating players on UT and Quake 3 on DC while using the Sega mouse and keyboard while others used controllers. Speed Devils Online was a strange addiction I had for a long while but no where near as bad as my PSO addiction. Don't forget that the DC was the first console to offer HD resolutuions. VGA adapter for life yo!

If you ever want to run some PSO on PC for old times sake just shoot me a PM. I had it on my old PC and would just have to reinstall on my new one.

brentech

New England
Denver

And the Chargers. Is that nuts? They blew sooo many big leads
Oh okay, leads by 10 or more.
That is crazy. Makes you wonder how they blew that up so many times. Early leads and then doing nothing the rest of game, or leads and then turnovers throughout thereafter...

MechDX

That is crazy. Makes you wonder how they blew that up so many times. Early leads and then doing nothing the rest of game, or leads and then turnovers throughout thereafter...

wqjSw.gif

Next!

Nightz

hi-res-158821696_crop_650x440.jpg

And running his version of Martyball when getting a lead.

bionic77

Dreamcast love! I LOVED dominating players on UT and Quake 3 on DC while using the Sega mouse and keyboard while others used controllers. Speed Devils Online was a strange addiction I had for a long while but no where near as bad as my PSO addiction. Don't forget that the DC was the first console to offer HD resolutuions. VGA adapter for life yo!

If you ever want to run some PSO on PC for old times sake just shoot me a PM. I had it on my old PC and would just have to reinstall on my new one.
Shieeeeet. I forgot about the VGA adapter. Everything about the DC was pretty awesome except the lame screen things in the controller. Their battery life was shit and they did not add anything as far as I remember. Now that I think about I barely remember VGA period, let alone Segas adapter for the monitor!

Too bad they had to go up against the PS2. Nothing stood any chance against Sony that gen.

MechDX

Ray Rice up the middle didn't happen in the 9 other games did it?

When your defense gives up 30 yards on a screen pass on a 4th and 29 that answers a lot of the questions

Shieeeeet. I forgot about the VGA adapter. Everything about the DC was pretty awesome except the lame screen things in the controller. Their battery life was shit and they did not add anything as far as I remember. Now that I think about I barely remember VGA period, let alone Segas adapter for the monitor!

Too bad they had to go up against the PS2. Nothing stood any chance against Sony that gen.

It wouldn't be a Dreamcast start up without that long beep noise from the VMU

Godslay

Banned

Wasn't UT crossplay between the DC and PC as well? I can't remember, either way it was a great port. Searching around, I don't think it is...

The 2k games were great, Shenmue, Seaman, Cannonspike, MvC2, Record of the Lodoss War, Crazy Taxi, Guts Revenge, and Sega Marine Fishing. I hate to admit it, but I played the shit out of Marine Fishing, with that stupid fishing controller. Good times, I'm kind of sad I sold it to my buddie's little brother when I picked up an xbox.

You can't trick me with that PSO invite, it's like meth, not even once!

Fantomex

I like all the games you mentioned above except ff13. I love me some pokemanz, and have owned Ni No since launch, and I bought the insane edition, so I was excited for it. I'm no more than 5 hours into the game. I just don't care about the characters and every boss fight is the same. Big dude who slowly gets beaten down, has a crazy move that takes out your pokemon or whatever they are in ni no

I like hearing opinions like these thanks, I'm gonna get it, but just be cautiously optimistic and not get my hopes up. One thing that I've seen happened to people before that kinda ticked me off today though. Went to Best Buy, have $600 credit on my best buy card, tried to buy the Ni No Kuni game and they were like, "sorry but the card is being declined". I have seen this happen to so many people, it just has never happened to me. I'm not even close to being at my limit, and of course the customer service 800 number was closed already. So I have to call tomorrow and try again. I wonder what kind of excuse they'll give me? All my payments or on time and I'm nowhere near my limit. Kinda got me mad today.

I have about 500+ hours on combined versions of PSO!

PSO oh my goodness I loved that game. Played 1 and 2. I got a gang of stories about that game. Heavens Punishment for the win!

Godslay

Banned
I remember the DC version had hackers, where they would get froze you. iirc you could message other players, and get another hacker to come and unfreeze you. I remember the first time it happened, I had thought the game had locked up, but you could see a character moving around. Crazy shit at the time.

MechDX

BB-CHU_CHU_FEVER-ACTION-2.gif

the armors were so cool. I remember the VERY first time I ever fought the dragon. Saw how big he was compared to my character and screaming "HOLY FUCK!!!"

After a couple times against him we would pretty much bitch slap him

Fantomex

Man when it comes down to PSO , It was ahead of it's time as far as I'm concerned. I was one of those dudes in the first one that was a warrior but could use guns and use magic as well. I remember once me and my friend were playing on the dreamcast. We decided to try and join the Japanese servers. We had just hit the high level plateu, but were still scrubs and could only do the first couple of levels were the rappys came out. Man, we joined a japanese room, and these dudes were done raping Dark Falz when we got in. All these weapons and items were all over the level, it had been cleared out. There were dragonslayers, katanas, canes everything. We started emptying our pockets so fast, dropping mags, health bars, swords, guns, food for the mags I mean everything. And we started picking up all the loot they left behind, it was awesome! At this time the Japanese people are in the dark falz room talking about whatever high level Dark Falz slayers talked about. Now you gotta understand, this is around the time people have learned to player kill by shooting you with that Megid purple spell. So we had to hurry, grab everything we could and then get the hell out of dodge before they came back and killed us. We walked out of there and into the PSO lobby excited like a kid on Christmas. Even though most of the stuff we collected we still couldn't use. Ahhh good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom