• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
akwQymsl.jpg

You have a girly pen.

And a girly handwriting.

:D

^
Coldbloooooded.

So guys, I haven't played a game in a looooooooong time. I'm gonna wait on the 3ds. That last games that really moved me were

• Mass Effect 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FF13
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Fall of Cybertron
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

So they are usually games that can kind of engross me either with gameplay, graphics or storyline. I hear that Ni No Kuni game is really good. I love pokemon, I love RPG's but damn it I hate grinding in RPGS. Would this game be good for me? I played the Demo and it seemed dope.

Halp.

Get Dragon's Dogma! (Dark Arisen!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4

Doesn't have the crazy grind fest, nicely paced, fun world, Fantastic gameplay amazing soundtrack, the video explains it well.

Yeah man, I'm looking forward to it. I skipped out on DD so it's all new to me.[/QUOTE]"]
Yeah man, I'm looking forward to it. I skipped out on DD so it's all new to me.

*Fist Bump*

I'm so hype, man!

Some dude has it on craigslist for $15. Thanks!

Now keep this in mind, The Vanilla game is great. But this tuesday: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen comes out. It's 40 dollars brand new, and comes with the complete original game PLUS the brand new 10+ hour expansion a bunch of extra stuff.

The Vanilla game was worth 60 dollars to me new, so 40 for Dark Arisen is a steal to me. Of course, if you just want to stick with Vanilla, that's great too! It's a fantastic game, I had over 100 hours with the original game, I'm just so excited for the expansion.

Oh, and just to show you how badass the game is, It lets you do this to poor unsuspecting fools.

maelstroms4ena.gif

Fantomex

Now keep this in mind, The Vanilla game is great. But this tuesday: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen comes out. It's 40 dollars brand new, and comes with the complete original game PLUS the brand new 10+ hour expansion a bunch of extra stuff.

The Vanilla game was worth 60 dollars to me new, so 40 for Dark Arisen is a steal to me. Of course, if you just want to stick with Vanilla, that's great too! It's a fantastic game, I had over 100 hours with the original game, I'm just so excited for the expansion.

Oh, and just to show you how badass the game is, It lets you do this to poor unsuspecting fools.

maelstroms4ena.gif

Cool thanks for the info!

Godslay

Banned
^
Coldbloooooded.

So guys, I haven't played a game in a looooooooong time. I'm gonna wait on the 3ds. The last games that really moved me were and I actually beat.

• Mass Effect 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FF13
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Fall of Cybertron
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

So they are usually games that can kind of engross me either with gameplay, graphics or storyline. I hear that Ni No Kuni game is really good. I love pokemon, I love RPG's but damn it I hate grinding in RPGS. Would this game be good for me? I played the Demo and it seemed dope.

Halp.

It can be a little grindy. Still it's a great game imo.

ChanHuk

Banned
Oh fuck my life, I'm getting my PSP on Monday and I'm gonna be playing Valkyria Chronicles 2......why did I buy this 3DS XL again?

Is that song actually in the game? That was awesome! I'm definitely excited to finally give the game a shot, I've been interested in it since seeing that other video you linked before it launched.

;___;

It was removed for Dark Arisen. Licensing issues, since it's a J-Rock band. Let me tell you though man, Nothing got me more hyped for taking down bitches, and crazy monsters than that song playing at the beginning. It was awesome.

The new theme is good, just it's not the same!
Still can't wait, though!

Godslay

Banned
The XL is so much better built than the regular 3DS.

I think the OG 3DS is very well built, and seems less generic than the XL, in terms of finish. The sound on the OG 3DS is richer as well. The screen size makes up for it though with the XL, even if they are slightly warmer than OG 3DS.

Did you beat it? How long did it take?

I'm close to the end. Around 30 hours in. Haven't gone back to finish it yet, not because I don't want to, just haven't had the time to sit down and get into it.

ChanHuk

Banned
So after FE, what else should I get for this new 3DS that's gonna collect dust? Because Valkyria Chronicles is better than Fire Emblem.

So after FE, what else should I get for this new 3DS that's gonna collect dust? Because Valkyria Chronicles is better than Fire Emblem.

Did you have a DS? Plenty of amazing games on that. Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, the Phoenix Wright series, Castlevania 2D games. On 3DS: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, and Mercenaries 3D. Project X Zone will be cool in June, and Monster Hunter is also excellent.

Fantomex

I think the OG 3DS is very well built, and seems less generic than the XL, in terms of finish. The sound on the OG 3DS is richer as well. The screen size makes up for it though with the XL, even if they are slightly warmer than OG 3DS.

I'm close to the end. Around 30 hours in. Haven't gone back to finish it yet, not because I don't want to, just haven't had the time to sit down and get into it.

Imma get it, and get Dragons Dogma also. This is gonna be a hot summer, and we gonna be on broke arrest this year.

Let me know which you decide to get, I'd love to see your impressions! You too, The_Darkest_Red!
Will do, man!

Yep, I second all of this. The wobbly hinge on my OG 3DS was annoying, though.

Kid Icarus.

I would also advise you to get better taste. Nothing is better than Fire Emblem.

Godslay

Banned
Did you have a DS? Plenty of amazing games on that. Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, the Phoenix Wright series, Castlevania 2D games. On 3DS: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, and Mercenaries 3D. Project X Zone will be cool in June, and Monster Hunter is also excellent.

No mention of Professor Layton! They are awesome if you like puzzle/mystery games.

Imma get it, and get Dragons Dogma also. This is gonna be a hot summer, and we gonna be on broke arrest this year.

Yeah, you just missed it on sale for $39.99.

The XL is so much better built than the regular 3DS.

My 3DS' 3D button rattled immediately after I bought it.

Also, is there a new Dragon's Dogma coming, or am I misreading?

No mention of Professor Layton! They are awesome if you like puzzle/mystery games.

I bought the new one based on your recommendation and thought it was great. Going to buy the others once I beat Chrono Trigger. I have the World Ends With You also, but I think I hate it.

@mortreport: Florida St DE Tank Carradine, 135 days post-ACL surgery after 11 sack yr, had good private workout for teams: 4.75-4.85 in 40 at 273 lbs

He weighed in at 273 and ran a 1.63 in the cone drill.

Workout went very well for him. The Giants were not in attendance which doesn't mean much but he likely improved his draft stock considering he tore his acl in November.

ChanHuk

Banned

Workout went very well for him. The Giants were not in attendance which doesn't mean much but he likely improved his draft stock considering he tore his acl in November.

Two things against him, horrible against the run and only started 1 season in which he tore his ACL.

You dirtbags never even played Valkyria Chronicles, best SRPG of all time. Even if its broken as fuck.
Never played it? Come on man! That's the game that converted me into an SRPG fan (rather than just playing them every once in a while)

It's hard for me to say whether I like VC or FE:A more. I think VC based on the gameplay (so, so, good), but Fire Emblem gives you so much stuff to do...

Godslay

Banned

Seems like he is rising and Werner is slipping, from the mocks I've seen recently.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
^
Coldbloooooded.

So guys, I haven't played a game in a looooooooong time. I'm gonna wait on the 3ds. The last games that really moved me were and I actually beat.

• Mass Effect 2
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FF13
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Fall of Cybertron
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

Halp.

I'd say Mass Effect 3 is the no brainer here. Or maybe going back and playing Arkham Asylum.

Oblivion was a pleasant surprise. I went in expecting another sci-fi action romp and got a far more deliberately paced and nuanced film with plenty of secrets and revelations. Definitely exceeded expectations and the soundtrack by M83 is superb.

Two things against him, horrible against the run and only started 1 season in which he tore his ACL.
I'll take his upside over Werner who just doesn't seem like anything special to me.

ChanHuk

Banned
Never played it? Come on man! That's the game that converted me into an SRPG fan (rather than just playing them every once in a while)

It's hard for me to say whether I like VC or FE:A more. I think VC based on the gameplay (so, so, good), but Fire Emblem gives you so much stuff to do...

Yeah VC is definitely linear but it did do something new to the genre that I haven't seen done to many genres before. I wouldn't say revolutionized but it refreshed the genre. It definitely wasn't your typical Tactics Ogre clone. Sad thing is that Sega treats the franchise like shit. VC2 and 3 should've been PS3 sequels.

I actually bought another PSP so I can play VC2 and pray that the VC3 translation will be done by the end of the year. VC3 is supposed to be as good as VC1

No background downloading on the 3DS? What is this? 2001?

Godslay

Banned
Oblivion was a pleasant surprise. I went in expecting another sci-fi action romp and got a far more deliberately paced and nuanced film with plenty of secrets and revelations. Definitely exceeded expectations and the soundtrack by M83 is superb.

Sounds good. I listened to the soundtrack the other day on RDIO. I enjoyed it.

Sounds good. I listened to the soundtrack the other day on RDIO. I enjoyed it.
Yeah, the movie won't blow you away but I walked out like I got my money's worth and watched a good movie. While I certainly would have preferred to have been blown away, I'm ok with being happy I didn't waste my money.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, the movie won't blow you away but I walked out like I got my money's worth and watched a good movie. While I certainly would have preferred to have been blown away, I'm ok with being happy I didn't waste my money.

As long as it's better than Prometheus, which I thought was okay, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom