• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

^ :jnc at that middle gif...

Interesting that Lattimore is that far down. Guy has an incredible attitude. I'd like to have him on the Broncos.

Like the scout says there, it's all about the doctors

Surprised Christine Michael is so low. He's my favorite non-Lacy running back in the draft. Also surprised about Lattimore being #10, but I guess that's just due to the injury.

Character issues. Both Sherman and Sumlin had problems with him. Not a criminal or anything, which they seem to hint at with Monte Ball. Just really immature

Godslay

Banned
Like the scout says there, it's all about the doctors

He's a risk sure, but we are not entering uncharted territory with him. As we all know, McGahee had the same injury. You also have to think that progression has been made between then (when McGahee was injured) and now in terms of surgery and rehab, and I think Peterson is a testament to that. I hope he gets drafted, if only for a good story of his comeback.

jbug617

Banned
Crazy to think teams had a 1 in 5 chance of getting a HOF out of that draft in the 1st round.

Edit, had 82 data in second round for some reason.

There is a video out there with the reactions of Jets fans when they took O'Brien over Marino and then later in the interview a fan tries to reasonably rationalize the move.

Godslay

Banned
There is a video out there with the reactions of Jets fans when they took O'Brien over Marino and then later in the interview a fan tries to reasonably rationalize the move.

This pretty much sums up what goes on at Jets HQ...

A88FHof.png

squicken

The all-time most Jets draft move was Kyle Brady over Sapp. Brady was an in-line blocking TE with very little upside as a pass catcher.

The thing about both Sapp and Moss, the two guys who dropped for character and/or drugs, that went on to have HoF careers, is that they both were total shit heads. When those guys weren't in the right environment, they were negatives for their teams. So if either guy would have gone to a team picking in the top 5, they would have ended up as all-time busts

You could say the same for Rodgers, since the Packers went and changed his delivery, which (along with roids) added all the velocity to his throws. Would the dysfunctional 49ers pre-Harbaugh have been able to fix that? Doubtful. At the top of the draft, teams fail players more than players fail teams

ChanHuk

Banned
Got another B on my psych quiz. Definitely not being Asian.

Luigi is a cute game, I'm not even lying, its just plain cute and lighthearted. My type of pick up and go kinda game.

squicken

Packers Still too Soft to be Favorites

It's not something any coach or general manager would care to admit publically. Namely, they're responsible for a team that's gone soft and small.

But some people close to Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson say the Green Bay Packers' football leaders have freely acknowledged that perception in private over the past three months, and now are bound and determined to do something about it.

Finding bigger, more physical players for their 53-man roster should be the overriding theme for what the Packers attempt to accomplish in the upcoming draft.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-still-too-soft-to-be-favorites-td9klcm-203946331.html

Jordy needs to stay healthy, Cobb should be the 3rd option at best.

Otherwise these paper gangster motherfuckers needa stop wastin my gotdamn time ya huuuuuurrrrd

cdyhybrid

Don't worry they have clay Matthews. An elite defensive player like him will prevent teams from marching it down the field all game. Plus the packers keep contract stuff in house so they've got that going for them too!

Clay's juicing routine is 49ers-worthy, he will indeed be a beast this season.

squicken

Our Consensus Based Mock Draft starts today at 1PM Eastern. There's no time frame for each pick, only that enough members were around for a quality discussion. It is preferable that a fan of the team who is making the pick be around, but is not necessary

Wes

venison crêpe
Our Consensus Based Mock Draft starts today at 1PM Eastern. There's no time frame for each pick, only that enough members were around for a quality discussion. It is preferable that a fan of the team who is making the pick be around, but is not necessary

I guess that means Te'o to the Bucs.

cajunator

Banned
The all-time most Jets draft move was Kyle Brady over Sapp. Brady was an in-line blocking TE with very little upside as a pass catcher.

The thing about both Sapp and Moss, the two guys who dropped for character and/or drugs, that went on to have HoF careers, is that they both were total shit heads. When those guys weren't in the right environment, they were negatives for their teams. So if either guy would have gone to a team picking in the top 5, they would have ended up as all-time busts

You could say the same for Rodgers, since the Packers went and changed his delivery, which (along with roids) added all the velocity to his throws. Would the dysfunctional 49ers pre-Harbaugh have been able to fix that? Doubtful. At the top of the draft, teams fail players more than players fail teams

It makes me wonder how many of Saints current defensive players would be much better with a good D coordinator teaching them.
The Saints offense is made up mostly of walk-ons and outcasts but it performs like an elite unit. A lot of it is just coaching.

squicken

Revis trade sucks b/c not only do the Jets get to target an offensive player as well as fix their pass rush, but Revis is now playing for TB. So STL faces the three best CBs in football 5 times. Though I think Sherman is way overrated

Brinbe

Might be there on Thursday, so I'll be able to witness the Jest hilarity live.

And good move by Tampa, Revis is worth that risk.

RBH

After months of trade speculation, the New York Jets are prepared to desert Revis Island.

The Jets have given written permission to star cornerback Darrelle Revis to take a physical and negotiate a contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, league sources said Sunday morning.

The development is the likely precursor to a blockbuster trade that is expected to include the Bucs' first-round pick (13th overall). The Jets already own the ninth pick, setting themselves up to add two potential impact players.

It's unclear at this point if the two teams have agreed to trade compensation, although it's unlikely they would've let Revis speak to the Bucs if the two sides didn't think a deal was possible.

The contract isn't expected to be an issue for the Bucs, who apparently are willing to pay Revis about $15 million per year.

But there's risk: Revis is only six months removed from ACL knee surgery and was cleared to run without restriction only last Monday.

If the trade is consummated, the Bucs, determined to improve their league-worst pass defense, will have added two impact players to their secondary in safety Dashon Goldson and Revis, widely regarded as the best corner in the league.

Jets officials had made it clear that Revis could be had for the right price, a surprising public stance that irked their best player, according to a source.

The latest developments followed years of contract demands and special requests by Revis and his agents.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...le-revis-permission-meet-tampa-bay-buccaneers

bionic77

Bionic, I just read an article on Kobe that said (rough translation):

"No one is as much "like Mike" as Bryant".
1. I am surprised and a little skeptical of this ability of yours (to read).
2. Just because someone writes something or looks a certain way doesn't mean it's true. Tom Brady wears pants and yet no one here believes he really has a penis.
3. Kobe era is over. It was great while it lasted but its Jim Buss time now. He is going to turn my Lakers into Clippers 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom