• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Like the scout says there, it's all about the doctors

Character issues. Both Sherman and Sumlin had problems with him. Not a criminal or anything, which they seem to hint at with Monte Ball. Just really immature

Doubt they are hinting at that with Ball. He got a bullshit citation during the Mifflin Street Block party. He got his ass kicked by some clowns who decided they wanted to jump every Badger football player. McGinn, being in WI, knows that.

Still shocked he has him so high. I wouldn't want Ball on a NFL team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like the Revis deal is happening.

Honestly the greatest player to ever wear a Jets uniform. I hope he gets back to his old self. I'll miss him but the Jets had to do this deal.

RBH

The fan reaction (from fans of other teams) at the pick of the linebacker starting at :50 is absolutely hilarious. That poor Jets fan.

The elderly Colts fans laughing their asses off at the Jets fan is the greatest thing ever and never fails to make me laugh. :lol :lol

I even made a gif of it sometime ago.......

Meier

Glad to hear the #1 is expected to be from this year. Hopefully they didn't get suckered into next year as well. We need to have an option to take a QB in Round 1 next year and it's a deeper class.

Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports the Jets and Bucs have already agreed on compensation in the Darrelle Revis trade, and a deal should be finalized Sunday night or Monday.
Cole adds that the Bucs and Revis have agreed on a "basic contract," as well. Revis is set to hop on a plane en route to Tampa Bay in roughly 15 minutes to take a physical with the Bucs as the last step in the process. The Jets will likely get the No. 13 overall pick in Thursday's draft, along with a couple of other mid- to late-round selections. Adjust your mock drafts accordingly.
Won't be long now until Revis is as fat as Freeman.

squicken

Doubt they are hinting at that with Ball. He got a bullshit citation during the Mifflin Street Block party. He got his ass kicked by some clowns who decided they wanted to jump every Badger football player. McGinn, being in WI, knows that.

Still shocked he has him so high. I wouldn't want Ball on a NFL team.

I do remember reading about him getting jumped. Everything else I had not heard about. I too would be really worried about having him as a primary back. I'm also not sure about the logic that just because he scored touchdowns in college he can score touchdowns in the NFL

ChanHuk

Banned
Monte Ball seems immature and not just that, how much thread does he have left? The guy was overworked at that loser university.

effzee

As amazing as Revis has been I don't particularly get this trade for Tampa. Granted I think ppl overrate and over value draft picks, but Tampa at the spot they were at they could have possibly picked Milliner.

Now they might be getting busted goods, will have to pay him as the top CB, and his age has to be a factor.

squicken

It's amazing how much news Yahoo Sports breaks, whereas ESPN only ever seems to post rumors and speculation.

Mike Silver is tight with lots of coaches, and Jason Cole is tight with lots of agents. I think ESPN realizes there's no money in being first by 5 minutes on Twitter. The money is in yelling at each other on TV

As amazing as Revis has been I don't particularly get this trade for Tampa. Granted I think ppl overrate and over value draft picks, but Tampa at the spot they were at they could have possibly picked Milliner.

Now they might be getting busted goods, will have to pay him as the top CB, and his age has to be a factor.

Hes only 27, and there's no guarantee Milliner will be as good as Revis is. You have to consider Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Charles Woodson all are still in the league and playing a pretty good level. He's an immediate upgrade to our secondary even if hes only 75% of the player he once was.

Edit: Our Starting corners at the end of the year were 7th rounder EJ Biggers and Undrafted Leonard Johnson.

jakncoke

Banned
Bucs going to regret this trade so hard lol. Cant wait for :snes tears

edit; didnt champ bailey get styled on a lot last year :me

I think Mingo/Ansah is a real possibility for Browns, I don't particularly like Mingo but I think it's a option. I had a hard time picking between Mingo and Ansah in my shirtless draft, of course I was assuming we made a trade down though.

Last in the division and adding a corner for probably $15 million a year.

Thanks Glazers!

If he is healthy it is a great move for them. They scored points last year but their D was terrible, especially their pass D. Revis is better then any player in this draft by a mile.

Talon

If he is healthy it is a great move for them. They scored points last year but their D was terrible, especially their pass D. Revis is better then any player in this draft by a mile.
Last rated pass defense in the league.

That's a symptom of pass rush. Doesn't help that Freeman was obsessed with throwing picks in the second half of the season.

Of course I am.
We can be gaming bros yet!

squicken

Our mock draft starts in about an hour. The more I have read up on it, the more I think that MIA will trade a 2nd for Albert. So assume that trade is made, and assume Revis deal includes #13

Wes

venison crêpe
We're doing a mock draft by consensus - discussing the options for each team at a time before settling on a chosen player.

Colasante

I think the Jets could go with Mingo and Austin now. Austin would definitely help out Mark Sanchez a bunch.

And anyone saying the Bucs should have just drafted a corner instead of trading for Revis is crazy, and forgetting just how good Revis is. Even if he's 70% of what he used to be, I'd take him over any CB in this draft.

squicken

I'll repost this a few times, but how does 1 Eastern Sunday sound to start the mock draft? Is later better?

There's not going to be a set timeframe for how long each pick is debated. As long as enough people are around for a lively debate, the choice can be made. Obviously, we'll try to allow for time for fans of the teams we are working on to have their say

MechDX

We're doing a mock draft by consensus - discussing the options for each team at a time before settling on a chosen player.

I can only imagine a "discussion" here.

The Jets have a lot of needs discuss!
buttfumblegif
Pats suck!
Jets suck!
Eat a bag of dicks.
Free Tebow!
Jets draft Manti Teo!

MechDX

animated_cat_hit_by_train.gif

Poor Kave.

Colasante

An interesting nugget from Greg Bedard's Sunday column in the Boston Globe:

"Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said in a Fox Sports Radio interview that the team invited the Tim Tebow circus to town by allowing ESPN, among others, in. 'You can avoid that stuff on your own if you like,' he said. Sanchez is absolutely correct, and what he said is one of the reasons why a possible Tebow reunion with the man who drafted him, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, would not be a distraction to the Patriots."

Tebow continues to say that he will never switch positions, but I still think he'd make an effective FB/TE on the Patriots, and that the scenario could be a win/win. I doubt it will ever happen, but seeing Bedard mention it made me think it could be a non-zero chance.

Tamanon

Banned
An interesting nugget from Greg Bedard's Sunday column in the Boston Globe:

"Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said in a Fox Sports Radio interview that the team invited the Tim Tebow circus to town by allowing ESPN, among others, in. 'You can avoid that stuff on your own if you like,' he said. Sanchez is absolutely correct, and what he said is one of the reasons why a possible Tebow reunion with the man who drafted him, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, would not be a distraction to the Patriots."

Tebow continues to say that he will never switch positions, but I still think he'd make an effective FB/TE on the Patriots, and that the scenario could be a win/win. I doubt it will ever happen, but seeing Bedard mention it made me think it could be a non-zero chance.

Sanchez talks a lot of shit about Tebow for someone who is still on the same team as him. Comes off as a little bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom