• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
animated_cat_hit_by_train.gif

Poor Kave.

I'm happy today, nothing can mess with me.

Saw that earlier but decided to keep that hubbub to myself, I've said before I would love to see Manuel or Scott on the Browns, I think if we trade down and get some picks Well grab a Qb sooner then most expect or would like to believe.
Anyway here's like to whole article, some interesting points
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/florida_state_qb_ej_manuel_get.html#incart_river
Edit: lmao Kave smh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Saw that earlier but decided to keep that hubbub to myself, I've said before I would love to see Manuel or Scott on the Browns, I think if we trade down and get some picks Well grab a Qb sooner then most expect or would like to believe.
Anyway here's like to whole article, some interesting points
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/florida_state_qb_ej_manuel_get.html#incart_river
Edit: lmao Kave smh

Fuck you I make no apologies. I don't follow college much at all other then the top draft picks.

Come at me!

But sure why not, let him come to the Browns. One of my buddies is huge on black QBs and will cheer for a team if they have a good one. I want him to cheer for the Browns and hate every second of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Last rated pass defense in the league.

That's a symptom of pass rush. Doesn't help that Freeman was obsessed with throwing picks in the second half of the season.

We can be gaming bros yet!

Jets have -never- had a good pass rush with Revis. Ever. It didn't matter.

ChanHuk

Banned
Are the Bucs really a CB away from a playoff/Super Bowl run?

Great morning, got offered a job, got accused of sexual assault, and got free breakfast. Great morning.

squicken

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Here we go. The Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock

Wes

venison crêpe
I think the Chiefs should go Fisher over Joeckel. Fisher is reported to have a greater ceiling but a lower floor than Joeckel. I think you take the guy with greater upside at #1 rather than the safer pick.

But it's really close between the two. It doesn't matter too much. It's going to be a LT either way.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Revis trivia. The Jets that year traded up to the pick before the Steelers to take him. It's a good thing, too, because the Steelers would've jettisoned him the first time he started bitching about his contract.

Well the obvious pick for the Chiefs seems to be Luke joeckel , and most reports seem to indicate it might be set in stone at this points. Chiefs get a new franchise LT to protect HoSmith

Well the obvious pick for the Chiefs seems to be Luke joeckel , and most reports seem to indicate it might be set in stone at this points. Chiefs get a new franchise LT to protect HoSmith

Teams usually sign the top pick before the draft, the fact that KC hasnt is because they want to trade the pick, so I dont think it is set in stone quite yet.

squicken

I think we all agree it's Eric Fisher vs Luke Joeckel. I really didn't see much of Fisher, but I understand he has the higher ceiling. Joeckel is safer. I don't think Fisher will be Anthony Munoz, but I don't think he's a bust either. I don't think either guy is Robert Gallery. I'd go with Joeckel just b/c of the level of competition he faced in college, but I don't have a strong conviction either way

Teams usually sign the top pick before the draft, the fact that KC hasnt is because they want to trade the pick, so I dont think it is set in stone quite yet.
Yeah I thought about that too, but I just don't see anyone trading up.

Tehe Well except for the Jets with the extra ammo to take Geno...........

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Here we go. The Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock

Ether Joeckel or Fisher, but my guess is that Joeckel facing tougher competition is what makes the Chiefs take him.

squicken

Yeah I thought about that too, but I just don't see anyone trading up.

Tehe Well except for the Jets with the extra ammo to take Geno...........

Everyone wants to trade down. It's a bad first round for impact players. You need linemen, but ultimately you want players that score and stop TDs. I do think Fisher and Joeckel are good picks for whoever gets them. Besides that I'd be a bit bummed to be in the top 10

squicken

I think the Chiefs should go Fisher over Joeckel. Fisher is reported to have a greater ceiling but a lower floor than Joeckel. I think you take the guy with greater upside at #1 rather than the safer pick.

But it's really close between the two. It doesn't matter too much. It's going to be a LT either way.

How strongly do you feel, Wes. Most of us want Joeckel, but no one is really adamant about it. You jumping on the table and yelling for Fisher?

Ether Joeckel or Fisher, but my guess is that Joeckel facing tougher competition is what makes the Chiefs take him.

Agree with you, but the idea is what you think they should do. We're not guessing at what they will do.

Godslay

Banned
I agree with Joeckel. They invested in a QB, now they just need to shore up the line.

How strongly do you feel, Wes. Most of us want Joeckel, but no one is really adamant about it. You jumping on the table and yelling for Fisher?

He does bring up an interesting point. They did go for the high ceiling guy in Poe last year, rather than guys that were potentially safer picks. Different regime though.

I wonder what Reid's history tells us? Philly fans?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Agree with you, but the idea is what you think they should do. We're not guessing at what they will do.

That's what I think they will do.

Kiper actually has the Lions and Chefs trading picks. The Lions take Milliner and KC still gets Fisher.

Because Kiper is clueless. Mayhew came out the other day and said it was ridiculous. If they traded up they'd take an OT, anyway. They're gonna miss out on Fisher and Joeckel at 5.

Colasante

Dion Jordan to the Jaguars. Gus Bradley is defensive-minded coach, they need an upgraded pass rush, Jordan can cover the slot well when needed. Probably has the highest upside of any defensive player in the draft too.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jax could do anything. An absolute wildcard. I'd say Dion Jordan, as they weren't able to rush the qb last year. Of course, they weren't able to do much of anything last year.

squicken

Congrats DM!!

As far as Jags, I really have no idea. Talon and others have said Jordan isn't that good. His lack of production really scares me. I do think they will go defense, but could they go Floyd? Or Star Lotulelei? I just am not very familiar with any of these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom