• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher for the Jags, IMO. They have nothing on the line and Gabbert is already a fraidy cat in the pocket. If they want to see if Blaine is indeed going to be anything, he needs protection.

Colasante

Eugene Monroe is one of the best tackles in the NFL and he's only 26. I don't see why the Jaguars would draft Eric Fisher at #2 to play right tackle when their defense is mediocre across the board.

Eugene Monroe is one of the best tackles in the NFL and he's only 26. I don't see why the Jaguars would draft Eric Fisher at #2 to play right tackle when their defense is mediocre across the board.
Defense is mediocre and offense is alsolute garbage. MJD should be healthy. Get him help up front and hope Gabbert does something for one more season. If not, they'll likely end up with another high pick to choose a QB from a better class next year anyways.

squicken

Well, squicken wanted to go with what the team should do rather than what they will do. With that in mind, I say Fisher, also.

Yes. What do you think is best. Fan input is important b/c we aren't going to know what the rosters are like for all 32 teams. I would think Monroe is good, but that's really just knowing the name. If people watching them say he'd be better at RT, that's important.

I certainly feel Fisher is safer. Jordan, Floyd, and Star scare me. If there is even a bit of need on OL, then I would take Fisher

squicken

Yes, double post. Too funny

Holy shit. And he has 6 children? WTF.

He's gonna be broke before he even leaves the league.

fin1mgsgh.jpg

fin29is62.jpg

fin3kas04.jpg

Colasante

Fisher seems to be the consensus pick, but I don't understand it. He'd be playing right tackle this year, and he could potentially take over at LT if Monroe leaves in free agency, but still, this is a team that had 20 sacks total last year. Their main pass rush came when they claimed Jason Babin off of waivers. There are players like Justin Pugh, Kyle Long, Menelik Watson, and possibly even DJ Fluker who will be available with the 33rd pick.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well, Colosante is correct in that left tackle is really the only spot on the line that Jax has shorn up already. But, like squicken, I'm not exactly enamored with the highly rated defensive players on the board. How about Warmack?

e - How are Cooper's sweat glands?

ChanHuk

Banned
You're gonna draft a LT whilst you already have one? How about Warmack, I don't care that it's early, he can help that Oline immensely.

Having two bookend tackles to play your offensive line is never a bad thing, those guys could probably move inside to guard if needed. Warmack on the other hand can only play guard, he's one hellulva guard, but you need versatile linemen nowaday. Unless of course you're the reincarnation of Larry Allen.

Having two bookend tackles to play your offensive line is never a bad thing, those guys could probably move inside to guard if needed. Warmack on the other hand can only play guard, he's one hellulva guard, but you need versatile linemen nowaday. Unless of course you're the reincarnation of Larry Allen.

Yeah, but you can get a right tackle later, without spending the 2nd pick in the draft on it.

Wes

venison crêpe
How strongly do you feel, Wes. Most of us want Joeckel, but no one is really adamant about it. You jumping on the table and yelling for Fisher?

I'm fine with Joeckel. But when the Chiefs pick Fisher I want you to know that I'm an oracle.

I think the Jags either go Geno Smith or Dion Jordan. We would've heard more about Geno going to the Jags if it was going to be the case because we know the #1 pick was going to be a LT.

I think Dion Jordan is the pick, the best pass rusher in the draft. There's some mocks with them taking Floyd or Lotuleilei though. How are the Jags for defensive lineman?

squicken

Well, Colosante is correct in that left tackle is really the only spot on the line that Jax has shorn up already. But, like squicken, I'm not exactly enamored with the highly rated defensive players on the board. How about Warmack?

e - How are Cooper's sweat glands?

To me it's all about risk management. Just don't love any of the top defensive players. How are any of these guys better than Vaccarro or Richardson, who will go in the teens?

Cooper is interesting. I don't understand the NFL's thing about guards, either. I think Cooper is amazing to watch. Haven't seen a guard move like that in a long time

I think Dion Jordan is the pick, the best pass rusher in the draft. There's some mocks with them taking Floyd or Lotuleilei though. How are the Jags for defensive lineman?

They've never had a decent pass rusher. They are desperate for one

ChanHuk

Banned
Yeah, but you can get a right tackle later, without spending the 2nd pick in the draft on it.

Raiders are in the same situation and I wouldn't mind if they picked Fisher with the 3rd pick to play RT. Our LT is in his contract year, pay him LT money for his new contract. Once his contract is up, so will Fisher. Have them switch positions, pay Fisher LT money and Veldheer RT money. Your set at tackle for 8 years. Its about long term development Dutch, this ain't Al Davis, no mo reloading.

bionic77

You have to choose one scumbag to live near a female relative who may or not be attractive/fat.

Who do you pick between Big Ben and HoFinley?

Colasante

I just don't see how drafting a lineman solves any of the Jaguars' problems. You could put Gabbert behind the 49ers' line and he'd still be terrible. Henne performed fine behind the Jags' 2012 line. The defense is what hurt the Jags. If Jordan is considered too raw, how about Dee Milliner? They have no viable starting cornerbacks on the roster.

ChanHuk

Banned
You have to choose one scumbag to live near a female relative who may or not be attractive/fat.

Who do you pick between Big Ben and HoFinley?

I'll go with the rapist, at least he doesn't produce offspring.

The Niners have the best O line in the game for a reason. Three first round linemen on their line that they groomed themselves. Building a team you have to start in the trenches, I know most people will say get a QB first, but I rather build up the trenches and put a serviceable QB back there.

ChanHuk

Banned
My comment is about as facetious as it gets.;)

I think it's laughable to think Warmack drops out of the first.

Warmack is getting picked in the teens, some have him as BPA but you don't take a guard #1. He's everything you want in a guard, a meathead and a mauler. He might be an idiot but he'll destroy LBs and their fake girlfriends. See Manti

brentech

Damnit, I can't even jokingly defend Finley now.

I lied - you don't get into the hall by being a good person off the field. HoFinley! HoFinley! HoFinley!
Welp, that pretty much sums up what I've always thought about him. Only it used to just be an idiot on the field, now it's spiked over into personal life. This should make it easier for the Packers to drop kick that som bitch out of town if it's all true.

squicken

I just don't see how drafting a lineman solves any of the Jaguars' problems. You could put Gabbert behind the 49ers' line and he'd still be terrible. Henne performed fine behind the Jags' 2012 line. The defense is what hurt the Jags. If Jordan is considered too raw, how about Dee Milliner? They have no viable starting cornerbacks on the roster.

But who is the one defender that they should draft? Who is going to be the one defender who solves the problems? It's not that I disagree with you about the defense. But who is the Fisher equivalent of defensive prospects?

Warmack is getting picked in the teens, some have him as BPA but you don't take a guard #1. He's everything you want in a guard, a meathead and a mauler. He might be an idiot but he'll destroy LBs and their fake girlfriends. See Manti
I think Cooper vs Warmack is a good debate, and I think ultimately Cooper will go off the board first.

I still say Dion for the Jags get the best pass rusher will upside to help that horrible Defense

Colasante

But who is the one defender that they should draft? Who is going to be the one defender who solves the problems? It's not that I disagree with you about the defense. But who is the Fisher equivalent of defensive prospects?

I say Dion Jordan. I think Gus Bradley could work wonders with him, using him in an Aldon Smith or Bruce Irvin sort of role. He's also good enough in coverage to help neutralize Arian Foster and Chris Johnson in the passing game.

Godslay

Banned
I say Dion Jordan. I think Gus Bradley could work wonders with him, using him in an Aldon Smith or Bruce Irvin sort of role. He's also good enough in coverage to help neutralize Arian Foster and Chris Johnson in the passing game.

Pass an every down lineman for a situational pass rusher? Judging by the use of Aldon and Irvin?

ChanHuk

Banned
I think Cooper vs Warmack is a good debate, and I think ultimately Cooper will go off the board first.

I still say Dion for the Jags get the best pass rusher will upside to help that horrible Defense

It'll depend on the scheme whether you go with Cooper or Warmack. ZBS -> Cooper; PBS -> Warmack. I actually don't think Warmack is athletic or smart enough to play ZBS. Just tell him who to maul and he'll do it, but if you tell him what ifs, he's gonna block nothing.

squicken

So the choice comes down to Jordan vs Fisher. State your choice. Majority = consensus.

My vote: Fisher.

I really enjoyed this debate. I really want to chose a defensive guy, but none stand out. Fisher is safe, and I think the earlier you pick, the more you stay true to BPA

bionic77

I felt the same way, so I don't actually know.

Judging from @NeoGAFShitPosts, there are quite a few weirdos in the thread.
I hope the weirdos are just kids and teens being obnoxious and crazy.

But then again games attract a very weird audience. These damn kids want videogames to be held in the same esteem as a classic novel but it is hard to he taken seriously when you spend your free time online fantasizing about cartoon ponies or close relatives...

My vote: Dion Jordan
Welcome to Green Bay

tylereifert053012f.jpg
Per the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Packers brass is "bound and determined" to find "bigger, more physical players" in the draft.
The Packers will face the 49ers, Giants, Ravens in the first ten weeks of the 2013 season, and have determined their roster is too small and soft after an internal evaluation. (Internal evaluation, imagine that?) GM Ted Thompson is armed with eight selections, including six in the top 170. We suspect he could give physical run finisher Eddie Lacy a long look if Lacy lasted to the 55th pick.
Pack

Colasante

We can go with Fisher, that seems to be the consensus pick, but Dion Jordan is my pick. I feel like Bradley would want to go with a defensive player, but with a rookie GM, it's possible they'll want to play it safe and draft a franchise tackle.

So the choice comes down to Jordan vs Fisher. State your choice. Majority = consensus.

My vote: Fisher.

Rotoworld said:
Entering the final year of his rookie deal, Jaguars LT Eugene Monroe hasn't had any conversations with the team about an extension, and doesn't expect any during the season.

Reading this, I agree with you. Fisher gets my vote.

We can go with Fisher, that seems to be the consensus pick, but Dion Jordan is my pick. I feel like Bradley would want to go with a defensive player, but with a rookie GM, it's possible they'll want to play it safe and draft a franchise tackle.
I think you need to go with your gut. If you think Jordan is the pick, then go ahead and vote for him. Theres no wrong at the end of the day until draft day. For all we know they may go and pick Geno and totally fuck with our heads. ;)

Debate is part of the fun. Wait until we get to the Bills and Cardinals.:jnc

Godslay

Banned
I'll go with Fisher as well. My thoughts are if the offense can get rolling the defensive problems will become less important. Their defense will still suck, but if they can stay in games by scoring (assuming Gabbert can perform with protection), then they have a shot at winning some games. I don't think a defensive guy gives you that right away.

2000 Baltimore Ravens say hi, granted they did have Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis. Really all they had to do was not turn over the ball.

More of an exception than the rule though, especially now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom